Two New Tweetpics - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you threw crap into a spawn tube where would it go?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-09, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Two New Tweetpics

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
They have already said why they can take pix with the phone and why they CANNOT press print screen.
Sorry I missed that. I try to keep up on everything they say but when they give out information on many different channels over the past several months there's a fair chance i'll miss a few of the small things like that.

Thanks for the explanation.
Old 2012-03-09, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

That attachment looks cool heh. This game is going to have so many neat toys

Old 2012-03-09, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
Higby himself posted on this forum why.

In game official screenshots need to go through an approval process. Behind the scenes camera pic shots do not.

You should be able to find the source yourself if you make a lil effort
This is correct

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-09, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Aurmanite
Captain

I have to say, I really dig that NC character.

Many of the TR characters from the GDC video looked real bad ass too.

The art director may love the VS, but he's doing a damn fine job with the other empires.
Old 2012-03-09, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I have to say, I really dig that NC character.

Many of the TR characters from the GDC video looked real bad ass too.

The art director may love the VS, but he's doing a damn fine job with the other empires.
Well, imo NC medic needs some cosmetic touch, because except for the backpack, there's no way to tell the difference between one and the light assault. That's judging by the (2nd, I think) GDC vid. A respirator mask from PCG female medic concept would do fine...

EDIT: Found it: http://youtu.be/rmWyIMXJEiI?t=4m15s

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-03-09 at 05:20 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-09, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Its a peeve of mine when people say things like "little effort to use the search functionality"

So here we go with the great experience of searching forums.

1) I just tried searching for "why no screenshots higby?" and got no threads.

2) I tried to search for posts with the same search - and got an error "this forum requires you wait 25 seconds between searches..." Awesome. Can't refine my search because of that, so that adds several minutes to my task that is supposed to take "a little effort"

3) I waited and searched again, still no hits.

Also my words "why" and "no" were omitted from my search for some reason. Surprisingly the words "screenshots higby" still provided no results.

4) Didn't stop there, tried advanced search, threads with higby, keyword "screenshot" - got about ten threads, with hundreds of posts.

5) Still didn't stop, tried advanced search, posts by higby with keyword, and buried in there was the answer.

Of course I knew what to look for and who responded. If I had to try all the different devs it would have taken more time. And that wouldn't have covered information they revealed via tweets, in a video podcast, and other outlets not indexed by this forum.

So ya, search functionality on this forum is quite terrible. I spent a bit more than "a little effort" and took several iterations to find something that I knew to look for. Got my answer a lot faster when someone replied with it.

I'd possibly suggest improving this experience, but the forum software is pretty bad with search so not much to do other than maybe reduce the minimum time between searches to something like 5-10 seconds so people trying to refine the search can do so without hitting it.

And the next time someone wants to make a smug comment about finding information on this forum or using the search functionality please die in a fire first.
Old 2012-03-09, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Its a peeve of mine when people say things like "little effort to use the search functionality"

So here we go with the great experience of searching forums.

1) I just tried searching for "why no screenshots higby?" and got no threads.

2) I tried to search for posts with the same search - and got an error "this forum requires you wait 25 seconds between searches..." Awesome. Can't refine my search because of that, so that adds several minutes to my task that is supposed to take "a little effort"

3) I waited and searched again, still no hits.

Also my words "why" and "no" were omitted from my search for some reason. Surprisingly the words "screenshots higby" still provided no results.

4) Didn't stop there, tried advanced search, threads with higby, keyword "screenshot" - got about ten threads, with hundreds of posts.

5) Still didn't stop, tried advanced search, posts by higby with keyword, and buried in there was the answer.

Of course I knew what to look for and who responded. If I had to try all the different devs it would have taken more time. And that wouldn't have covered information they revealed via tweets, in a video podcast, and other outlets not indexed by this forum.

So ya, search functionality on this forum is quite terrible. I spent a bit more than "a little effort" and took several iterations to find something that I knew to look for. Got my answer a lot faster when someone replied with it.

I'd possibly suggest improving this experience, but the forum software is pretty bad with search so not much to do other than maybe reduce the minimum time between searches to something like 5-10 seconds so people trying to refine the search can do so without hitting it.

And the next time someone wants to make a smug comment about finding information on this forum or using the search functionality please die in a fire first.
Wow... Die in a fire hey. Keeping it classy.

Search function is useless, agreed.

An experienced forum user would have used 'find all posts by Higby' and then use the ctrl F hot key to find the desired text.

You're welcome for the tip.

Also, since I know its me you're referring to, you failed to notice that I included the information the other posted requested. I just wasn't going through the trouble to dig up Higby's exact quote because someone else wanted it confirmed. Asking me to make that effort for you is lazy.

Last edited by Aurmanite; 2012-03-09 at 05:47 PM.
Old 2012-03-09, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

It's exactly like the 40mm MK-19 grenade launcher. Just right loaded. They can really fuck a man up.
Old 2012-03-09, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Wow... Die in a fire hey. Keeping it classy.

Search function is useless, agreed.

An experienced forum user would have used 'find all posts by Higby' and then use the ctrl F hot key to find the desired text.

You're welcome for the tip.

Also, since I know its me you're referring to, you failed to notice that I included the information the other posted requested. I just wasn't going through the trouble to dig up Higby's exact quote because someone else wanted it confirmed. Asking me to make that effort for you is lazy.
Funny... I have been using a computer and am an avid gamer since I was 13.. and I am 23 now. I had no idea about the CRTL+F key... I have always wanted this in windows... thank you =)
Old 2012-03-09, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by VioletZero View Post
Ooooh, now that is awesome.

Grenade launchers on quads!

I wonder if you need a second person for that.
Maybe on a sidecar.... therefore making the quad a kind of de facto buggy. God that would be wonderful. And if you can buy armor-piercing grenades for it, that could be hella good anti-tank medicine.
Old 2012-03-09, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Aurmanite
Captain

Originally Posted by Synapses View Post
Funny... I have been using a computer and am an avid gamer since I was 13.. and I am 23 now. I had no idea about the CRTL+F key... I have always wanted this in windows... thank you =)
That's cool dude.

I taught my mother ctrl C ctrl V and ctrl A a few weeks ago. It was life changing for her.
Old 2012-03-09, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Coreldan
Colonel

Knocky and Aurmanite are indeed correct. It's some kind of loophole that the PR team doesnt mind all that much

Passanger on quad has been confirmed to be considered as a deep cert for the quad, but no promises on that.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-03-09, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hamma
PSU Admin

I've never had any trouble at all using the vbulletin search feature..

But hey there's always this http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...viptracker.php

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-09, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Warhound
Corporal

That grenade launcher is simply awesome!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion