Rated T for Teen...If not add hardcore gore for realism/depth - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm on a boat!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-03-13, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Rated T for Teen...If not add hardcore gore for realism/depth

So is Planetside 2 gonna be rated T for Teen?....I have a feeling it is since the first planetside didn't have much gore in it and being a free game, Im sure Planetside wants to capture as much people as it can.

But if Planetside isn't rated T for Teen....Then make it have hardcore gore....I want heads being blown off,limbs,etc....It makes it more realistic and makes people feel more immersed/

If you guys do decide to add gore...make it realistic....Like if somebody gets their leg blown off, they shouldn't die instantly, he should crawl or be in his back shooting until he bleeds out...It will make the game stand out since in todays games u die if u get shot in the legs.

Doubt it will be implemented.....doubt it will be mature but I feel like somebody should incorporate my idea...Planetside 3....
Old 2012-03-13, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Rated T for Teen...If not add hardcore gore for realism/depth

Is this a joke? Since when does lolgore = mature? And it's going to be F2P, so expect T for Teen.
Old 2012-03-13, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Is this a joke? Since when does lolgore = mature? And it's going to be F2P, so expect T for Teen.
Orly f2p=mature?

lolgore?......Im talking about heads getting blown off...pretty sure that is mature.
Old 2012-03-13, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bonius
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Orly f2p=mature?

lolgore?......Im talking about heads getting blown off...pretty sure that is mature.
Heads being blown off is not mature, it's lolgore.

If you're aiming for realism, you'd be surprised with how much punishment a human body can withstand before falling apart.

Rather spend my screen real estate on good looking visual effects than guts and blood splattered all over my screen.
Old 2012-03-13, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Bonius View Post
Heads being blown off is not mature, it's lolgore.

If you're aiming for realism, you'd be surprised with how much punishment a human body can withstand before falling apart.

Rather spend my screen real estate on good looking visual effects than guts and blood splattered all over my screen.
Really?...so what game I can get that gets heads blown off that is rated teen?

I know the human body can take lots of punishment....thats why I said Im tried of stupid games, where you get shot in the foot 20 times and die...I was saying if they decide to put realistic gore to make people not die from leg shots.
Old 2012-03-13, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Knocky
Major

Do you not understand the goal of PS2?

Every single bit of fluff is gone and will never be put in this game.

They are trying to have close to 2000 people blowing the hell out of each other.

If they can't show a holstered weapon, what the hell makes you think that they can afford to animate body parts flying off?
Old 2012-03-13, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zenben
Master Sergeant

I think he was talking about the fact that heads being blown off would warrant a Mature rating, not that it is a mature concept. As far as it being implemented, I could take it or leave it. Gore level isn't a factor when I'm deciding whether I will play a game.
Old 2012-03-13, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

I Hate You So Much.
Old 2012-03-13, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Biohazard
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
I know the human body can take lots of punishment....thats why I said Im tried of stupid games, where you get shot in the foot 20 times and die...I was saying if they decide to put realistic gore to make people not die from leg shots.
So you would rather crawl around for a minute while you slowly bleed out before you can respawn? May I recommend ARMA II for you, it is F2P now.
Old 2012-03-13, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain:
  • Intense Violence - Depends on players only. More people - more violence.
  • Blood and gore - AFAIK we PlanetSide will never have much blood, not to mention gore. It's perfomance unwise.
  • Sexual content - Uhm, the only pro-sexual content is female infiltrators. Not enough, is it?
  • Strong language - The only thing we can expect there, but I doubt the game will be filled with swearing VOs. And more importantly it was fine without it.

Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain:
  • Violence - Sure, why not?
  • Suggestive themes - That's exactly what female infiltrators and Empire propaganda is about.
  • Crude humor - It can be there, but I don't find it necessary.
  • Minimal blood - Is fine. It's blood, and it doesn't require my PC to calculate many extra polygons.
  • Simulated gambling - Well, life's a gamble, what else can I say.
  • Infrequent use of strong language. - Yup.

But despite all that there's:
"Online-enabled games carry the notice "Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB." This notice warns those who intend to play the game online about possible exposure to chat (text, audio, video) or other types of user-generated content (e.g., maps, skins) that have not been considered in the ESRB rating assignment."

It's all about our dickery.

Afterall, PlanetSide is about numbers. There're people that in their 15 know more about this life, than a 30-year-old does, and these people I welcome to PlanetSide. I myself started playing when I was 15 and I wouldn't be here typing somewhat decent English, if it had M limitation.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-03-13, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
somers
Corporal

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain:
  • Blood and gore - AFAIK we PlanetSide will never have much blood, not to mention gore. It's perfomance unwise.
  • Sexual content - Uhm, the only pro-sexual content is female infiltrators. Not enough, is it?
  • Strong language - The only thing we can expect there, but I doubt the game will be filled with swearing VOs. And more importantly it was fine without it.

Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain:
  • Suggestive themes - That's exactly what female infiltrators and Empire propaganda is about.
  • Minimal blood - Is fine. It's blood, and it doesn't require my PC to calculate many extra polygons.

"Online-enabled games carry the notice "Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB." This notice warns those who intend to play the game online about possible exposure to chat (text, audio, video) or other types of user-generated content (e.g., maps, skins) that have not been considered in the ESRB rating assignment."

Afterall, PlanetSide is about numbers. There're people that in their 15 know more about this life, than a 30-year-old does, and these people I welcome to PlanetSide. I myself started playing when I was 15 and I wouldn't be here typing somewhat decent English, if it had M limitation.
That's exactly what i was thinking, we don't want the terrible useless gore games like Mortal Kombat have... it's unnecessary.
Old 2012-03-13, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
NCLynx
Major

Wait, there won't be blood gushing from every wound I accumulate and every enemy I shoot? I only play mature rated games, for hardcore gamers such as myself.

Planetside 2 uninstalled, cancelled pre-order, called the local sheriff.
Old 2012-03-13, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Knocky
Major

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post

I'da paid you good money for those files.....but since they are deleted. Oh well.
Old 2012-03-13, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hamma
PSU Admin

We won't see Gore or Blood in PS2. Most we will see is ragdoll probably.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-13, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
Do you not understand the goal of PS2?

Every single bit of fluff is gone and will never be put in this game.

They are trying to have close to 2000 people blowing the hell out of each other.

If they can't show a holstered weapon, what the hell makes you think that they can afford to animate body parts flying off?
I didn't know that...Like I said in first post, I really doubt it would be mature but if it was then they should make it really gory IMO.

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post

I'm aware and I know this game was gonna be most likely teen like I said in my first post...but I never heard anybody mention it and I wanted to give my ideas if it were to be mature.

I played this game when I was 12, I would play this game regardless and I know many people will and do....but I understand why teen rating is more important since their is some people who can't play it...I mentioned it in first post

Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
So you would rather crawl around for a minute while you slowly bleed out before you can respawn? May I recommend ARMA II for you, it is F2P now.
.....Well no.

I would rather have it slow me down if I got shot in the leg....if it were very realistic, I would fall and have the option to either fight or shoot myself in the head.

Wait, there won't be blood gushing from every wound I accumulate and every enemy I shoot? I only play mature rated games, for hardcore gamers such as myself.

Huh?....I said in first post this game will most likely be teen....I never said once that this game should have gore or else I don't buy..I said if it's mature then it should have gore.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion