Odd Bug.. has this been reported? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: [Insert Witty Comment Here]
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-07, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
sakuc
Private

You mean the motion sensors that have expected life-span of 10 seconds before a sniper shoots them off, or bomber carpet bomb poofs them on 1st pass, or magrider/prowler/random vehicle that runs them over dests them?

Yeah, they sure detect whole lot when they get wrecked on 1st sight by anyone.

Indoors audio amp is superior, goes thru walls and doesnt alert enemy.

Maybe if motions would be detectable with DL only they would be somewhat useful.

Currently they are just useless deploy count in my inventory which i deploy if i'm REALLY bored. :P

Last edited by sakuc; 2003-07-07 at 12:40 AM.
Old 2003-07-07, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Motion sensors are far from useless. First of all, they don't have 0 hp (where did that come from?). They have just as many hp as spitfire turrets (also useful if used correctly). Second, they put the red dots on everybody's radar and not just yours. Throw one in a tower on the floor above the CC and watch the infils run when they think nobody is around. Throw a few inside bases in the basement behind boxes. Yes, putting them out in the open will get them blasted quickly. Even outside there are some great hiding places where most people won't see them until it's too late to keep from revealing themselves.
The mosquito does not reveal stationary targets. The mosquito reveals any moving target, including crouch walking targets. I've noticed a new trend of the NC having a mossy hover over their own towers during firefights making it a beast to infil in to hack it. It's a great tactic which makes me wonder where all of the millions of supposed striker users are.
If the mossy reveals you, your name does appear over your head for anybody in the opposing armies. This only lasts about 5 seconds if you freeze as soon as you see the alarm warning. I've survived even in close situations with enemies not paying attention, but that's a tense one.
My new spitfire tactic is to release one behind somebody who is running into a firefight. When they're trying to avoid the fire from the person in front of them, the spitfire tears them up from behind. They can't freeze and keep the spitfire from getting them, they have to keep moving to keep the person on front of them from getting them. Assuming the person in front of them can stay alive a few seconds, the spit will rip the enemy apart pretty quick.
There are also some great areas around towers to lay spits. It really isn't as useless as you make it sound. I get a few spit kills a night, easy, sometimes a dozen or so.
Old 2003-07-07, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
sakuc
Private

Dozen kills with spits? In a night? Dozen kills is like 30mins, of BAD gametime for me, usually 10 mins.

Still, spitfires are just neutered when infil crouch-walks, any reinforced grunt offers AV/Spec assault weapon which kill them in 1 or 2 shots, at worst, 20ish shots from any kind of assault rifle.

'Yay'.

I still say mines are best bang-for-buck as for ACE deployment, and boomers in CC camping.

Rest is just useless fluff.
Old 2003-07-07, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by sakuc
Dozen kills with spits? In a night? Dozen kills is like 30mins, of BAD gametime for me, usually 10 mins.
I'm talking a dozen kills in addition to other kills, not altogether. I personally find a lot of satisfaction in seeing my name getting credit for a kill with a spit nowhere near where I currently am. You can also use spits to lead people towards your mines and double your pleasure. The other night I spent 5 minutes mining and sensoring and spitfiring a tower we'd recently taken, then I headed for the neighboring base. Before I'd gotten in the gate I had 3 kills, 2 from spitfires and one from a mine.
If spitfires are easily visible they are near useless (but still not completely useless). If you can find decent spots for the spitfires, they do the job. Mines do more instant damage but spitfires are not useless.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion