new case with water built in 0 0%
Other. Please specify! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-12-03, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Liquid nitrogen cooling?

Has anyone seen liquid nitrogen cooling for sale for home computers? Im thinking of doing a big combo of differnt cooling methods in one computer. 8)

Then i can do heavy cooling on hte stuff that really needs it with hte nitrogen, some lighter cooling with the water stuff and deck it out with UV stuff to make it look cool and then good fan set up for hte rest, like HDD and just hte general air tempeture.

Then i can get he benefits of all of thm and only have to put so much of eaces cost into one comp. Less for all but more in general. 8)

Maybe then i can get top of the line OC stuff and OC it constantly withought worries and have a really sweet comp.

So im going ot have some nitro stuff on whats counts, the rest iwth these big UV blue tubes(like in hte deleans casepic from the spec thread) for looks and extra cooling in general. and crap loads of led fans too. Which ever can be used on each part most effeciantly.

I cnat find any good sites on what you need to know to make the water or the nitro thing. Just crappy pages that are trying ot sell things. Anyoen know any to help me get started. I need to heavily customize for this so...

And is there a problem with the nitrogen reducing hte lifespan of parts??? 8\

I want this to work and show the best parts for using each and starta new trend in cooling. And get more deversity and stuff. 8) It would make custom comp building a thousand times more fun. 8) So when i build it help me spread the word.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-12-03 at 04:45 PM.
Old 2003-12-03, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Ok Liquid nitrogen cooling is very expemsive and you have to make your own and you have to keep buyin N2 witch is very expensive and its dangerous if you spill it.

Your goin a bit over board wiht cooling man, if you have a huge amount of cash buy a good pump, radiator(s), resivor and CPU, HDD, Northbridge And VGA water blocks to make Water cooling system for your whole system ( a kit wont suit you needs for cooling your whole sytsem).

Then you need to have some (not to many) intake and exhaust fans to keep the case temp form going up to far.

Liquid nitrogen is only for people that want to OC an insane amount, but only for a short time, because even if you can cool it with N2 perminently the Vcore you have to run it at to make use of the awsome cooling power would fry the CPU after a month. If you want to strech your SC sytem farther get Pelteir units and insulation to run with the WC system

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-03, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

get a vapochill system

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-12-03, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Spee
Colonel

Fuck that. Just buy a Promeiteia.

-140 F, Baby!
Old 2003-12-03, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

true, compressore cooling is a far better alternative. but they only cool the CPU, so you woul dneed to air cool the rest of the stuff. I heard they are kinda loud to

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-03, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

i meant prometia but my memorys been pretty crap atm. Go spee/tech mod

Old 2003-12-03, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by Rbstr
true, compressore cooling is a far better alternative. but they only cool the CPU, so you woul dneed to air cool the rest of the stuff. I heard they are kinda loud to

Also, expensive. The Prom is around 1k. Not including shipping. It weighs around 30 lbs.
Old 2003-12-04, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Darn i wanted a tri system somehow. 8) thought it would be more eficient overall. That vapor chill is a little to much. Is there anything else anyoen knows of that i could add?

Im definitely doing some water cooling but i was hoping there was something better i could add to the main parts. Its that or i make water cooling the main part and have something else on hte lesser parts. I just wanted one more peice of tech to add on it??? HDD cant be cooled with stuff besides fans can they??

I guess i could settle with fans and some water cooling though if i had somehting ot cool the inside air of the case with something that wasnt loud. I dont want externals though.

So what are hte best internal water cooling stuff?

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-12-04 at 01:07 AM.
Old 2003-12-04, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Here is my cooling setup:

550W power supply: 3 fans (80mm, 2 pushers & 1 exhaust)

ATI9600-256 [OC'd]: 1 fan (80mm) & Heat pipe

Burton 2600+ [OC+d]: 2 fans (80mm, both push) & Volcano 11+

Seagate Barracuda 7200: 2 fans (40mm, 1 push & 1 pull) HD Cooler

Geil 1GB PC3200 [TURBO]: 1 fan (40mm, push)

LeadTek NF2 Mobo: 1 fan (40mm, push)

Case: 5 fans (80mm, 3 pushers & 2 exhaust)

The case runs at a steady 28C. The processor runs at ~40C as does the GPU. Memory and system bus temps are nominal. HD registers same as case temp. Ambient room temp is ~20C.
Old 2003-12-04, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ait'al
Contributor
General

how do you get fan and wc on one thing?
Old 2003-12-04, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Spee
Colonel

My setup: Remove side of case. Point living room fan in.

ph34r ym 1337 300mm fan!!!11
Old 2003-12-04, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

actually spee thats BAD!!! my A+ tech told me its bad because it totally screws ur airflow and some other stuff but i shouldn't of slept so much. Dale or hamster explain the other reasons plz.

Old 2003-12-06, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Fragmatic
I LIVE IN ENGLAND

It kills the concentrated flow of air

Current Cooling -

Athlon 2400+ with Coolermaster HHC-001 heatsink, 70-80mm fan adapter and a YS-Tech 80mm 45CFM fan on there. Gives me about 33c idle and 38c load

Thermaltake Active Memory cooling kit for the ram (Alu. sinks with a fan)

Thermaltake Silent Purepower 420w psu with 2 silent fans

Thermaltake Xaser 2 with 2 rear fans, 2 front fans (one in HDD cage) and a sidepanel fan. (Soon to add a top blowhole)

GeForce 4 Ti4800 with MSI TopTech cooling
[Hezzy]: gg
Old 2003-12-06, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by Pyro_Man
actually spee thats BAD!!! my A+ tech told me its bad because it totally screws ur airflow and some other stuff but i shouldn't of slept so much. Dale or hamster explain the other reasons plz.

Yeah, well it makes ME cold as fuck. Should do the same ot my case, according to simple logic.
Old 2003-12-06, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Ok i've changed my mind wiht regards to this, just do regular air cooling, its easy to do, not complicated, and hard to f up. Get a Zalman solid copper flower looking HS for your CPU (goes for both AMD and intel), a thermaltake Gaint 2 heatpipe cooler for your Vidcard, fill all the avalible slots on your case with fans (mix of exhaust and intake, try to get even CFM in and out) buy ram that has a heatspreader/hs built in (like Corsair XMS Pro) or buy some add on kits for that, Then buy a big fan buss so you can control the tornado that will be your case.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum