A Glorious Day for Planetside - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't feed the whores.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-26, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zulthus
Colonel

Thumbs up A Glorious Day for Planetside

Damn. Today was great. Populations were higher than they've been in years. We had ~650+ players on all day, poplocks on multiple continents, successful raids... everything.

The day started off with TR having every continent but Oshur (only happens when no one is on to stop them ) Eventually Basti, I, and other CR5's I forgot, along with the whole empire, staged a massive raid in the Sanctuary. We had about five full galaxies, a swarm of mosquitos and reavers, a few handfuls of mags, a few AMS, and lodestars. It was beautiful, like back in 2004. As soon as we flew to the warpgate Basti commanded us to Eadon. Nearly right when we all zoned in there was a VS population lock. We took down the tubes, set up CE... didn't take long for the TR to TRIPLE gal drop us. We mowed them down rather easily. They somehow repaired the tubes and pushed up the the lobby, where we held them until the hack went through... took us forever to flush them out of the generator. We eventually took the entire continent, ending with Dagda being held by NC (as usual) but t'was not long before they were kicked off the continent.

After that, we recalled again, set up another raid with about the same amount of units. This time the target was Tumas, to kick the NC in the balls for Forseral. (that interfarm lasted WAY too long) We swarmed to the warpgate and the command was issued to head to Tumas. Gal after gal, troops dropped onto the CC. Within a minute the tubes were down, the CC was hacked and we had the reavers/Galaxy gunships destroy everything in sight. It didn't take long for the NC to show up, but apart from a couple of orbital strikes, nothing of theirs got into the CY. Tumas was ours.

We were preparing to push down to Sungrey. I had a near full galaxy ready to go, and seconds after I opened my map to determine a course, a Liberator swiftly destroyed us. LOLs then ensued from everyone. Meanwhile we realized we weren't making any ground with this unorganized footzerg running to Sungrey, so Basti and I called a Mag column to be organized in front of the vehicle bay. It was pretty incredible. We had 18 magriders with gunners, ALL greenies (randoms), and we still somehow stayed organized. We pushed into the CY of Sungrey, sweeping mines and destroying everything. Didn't take long for people to start EMPing us... we were so bunched up it was helpless. We all died violent deaths.

Second time around was better, we swung around the side, over the hill, and behind the tower. In unision we all powered through the Vanguards and Reavers, someone EMP'd the front gate and we pushed in. We took the CY after a few minutes. We got an AMS in and began the push inside. It took a while but we eventually reached the tubes, and the hack was halfway through.

We haven't seen fights like this in a long time. I'm hoping it continues like this until Planetside has its final breath.

TL;DR: Today was pretty fucking awesome.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-26, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
arclegger
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

Re: A Glorious Day for Planetside

Sounds awesome, I'm sure July 1st will be more of the same. Hopefully the community will be able to create some epic video montages of that day
Old 2012-06-26, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zulthus
Colonel

There shall be many... and pops can only get better because of the free game time. It should be great!
Old 2012-06-26, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

It sounds like you guys had a blast. I can't wait to get back in there.

Old 2012-06-26, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
raggendecanton
Private

I envy the word of Zulthus, i was there! As an veteran and awesome it was. Its 2:32 am here ( netherlands ) and i was getting tired but i played from like 4 till now... It was so awesome, the 2 raids, the mag pushes... I got goosebumbs all over again, made some videos, will upload them for u guys to check it out! It was amazing, the pops are so great. Hope everyone will see this as a sign to make planetside 1 bigger for the last time!
Vanu power and seeya ingame
Old 2012-06-26, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
i see you naked
Corporal

battle still going on
Old 2012-06-26, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SnipeGrzywa
Corporal

Misc Info

Log in and join us. From now until launch of PS2, including between the beta events, I foresee there being decent fights going on across Auraxis. No other way to usher in the new Planetside then by playing the old.
Old 2012-06-26, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

It was pretty old school alright. This next free month is going to be pretty spectacular and the free subs haven't even started yet.

Planetside is going to go out in the blaze of glory that it deserves.
Old 2012-06-26, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Zulthus
Colonel

The servers seemed close to failing today... me and many others were complaining of many, many DC issues... there is a lot of lag and packet loss lately.
Old 2012-06-26, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mango
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
They somehow repaired the tubes
That was me on my TR: Aeynite snuck in the back door. That was a good fight

Last edited by Mango; 2012-06-26 at 09:56 PM.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

This is going to be epic .
Old 2012-06-26, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Taru
Corporal

I just logged off for the evening, it was great fun for sure! It was good to see everyone again and to have poplocks on a Tuesday night. Can't wait to see what this weekend brings!
Old 2012-06-26, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Just found out I was with the Vanu Rangers when I saw some outfit chat pop up xD. We did some stuff together and that was pretty fun. Even for it's 9th year, PS1 is better than BF3.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Chefkoch
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Even for it's 9th year, PS1 is better than BF3.
QFT...thats why Planetside 2 will be a huge kick in the balls for any other online fps game
Old 2012-06-26, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
JeffBeefjaw
Corporal

Heres the map from earlier, best part for me was the 6 gal resecure the tr did to the vs red alert at mithra, amazing stuff gg all

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion