Mega Hart Drop killed SOE and login servers. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Rank doesn't matter!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-30, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Re: Mega Hart Drop killed SOE and login servers.

Originally posted by ZProtoss
Looks like it. Since we had the 300 + people loaded on the hart, when we got to the map screen, everyone who was on the hart crashed out, and the login servers were down. Ouch

In the world of stress testing, that is a nervous breakdown. I suppose it is better they find out about things like that in beta rather then in retail, but still, please don't do that again, some of us need our PlanetSide fix.
Old 2003-05-01, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Harps
First Sergeant

u can drop anywhere outside a SOI u basically put the arrow where u want to land and thats where your drop shuttle will land
Old 2003-05-01, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
BeerJedi
Sergeant

HART Drops are pretty sweet mode of travel if you are a ground pounder. The other night, i got on and my outfit was three continents away. I recalled to sanctuary, loaded up, tweaked my load out, got incoming information on what was needed, adjust, climbed in, got the global map screen, zoomed inon my squad, saw their movements, clicked an area i though they would be when i landed (based off their movement) and promptly landed 20 feet in front of my commander after a truly cool cut scene.

I scared the p*** outta him. All he saw was the pod just zoom down in front of him (and the squad) and then there i was, all buff and armed to the teeth.

(my apologies for sucha a run on paragraph.. too lazy to go back and correct the grammar).
Old 2003-05-01, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
JonnyK
Major

I heard you over t3h global when you were organizing that drop. when you said 5 mins left i had 5:30 on a base cap so i decided not to go for the drop cuz that cap got me to br11. but right after i got the cap i recalled to sanc and everyone said that something went wrong with the drop. but i'm in f0 sh0 next time you get one going, i got to see one of those massive drops
Old 2003-05-01, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
TheAngelOfWar
Sergeant

15 second walk to the base as opposed to a 10 minute walk to the nearest gate, another 20 minute walks if you are going to another continent that wasnt directly linked by a gate, and from there probably a 10-15 minute walk to the base you are attacking. HART is the poor squadless man's galaxy.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion