Change Empires? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I give up. Take my qoute.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-10, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
knifeman2005
Private

Change Empires?

I think that we should be able to change empires on the same character. That would be cool that way you would be able to play with or against ure freinds. You would still have the same certys of course. For ex if u are the NC and u want to try the VS vangaurd certy would = magrider certy. Just a suggestion. It may be cool. Dunno jsut post ure opinions. I would probably still stick my the NC anyway but it might be cool. Dunno just tell me.
Old 2003-08-10, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Eliaas_Demens
First Sergeant

I can see how being able to defect would add an interesting element to the game. But I also think this would severely unbalance the population. You think the Vanu was overpopulated when the Lasher change was installed? Imagine how it would have been had no one needed to start a new character.
Old 2003-08-10, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Everay
Major General

yea, sevearly unbalanced, though i could see how it would be cool, mabey if you could only transfer your character once, or twice.
Old 2003-08-10, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Kaltagesta
Banned

remember the reason why all you characters on the server need to be the same empire?

imagine you have a cr5 as both vanu and terran on the same server.

you are on cyssor as vanu trying to defend a base but cant due to an nme AMS nearby supplying many terrans, and you have too few to find the ams, destroy it AND still defend your base.

well, what is to stop you going onto your terran character, and just OSing the AMS?

thats why all your chars on each server must be the same empire.

and thats the same reason you couldnt do what you said.

nice idea though.
Old 2003-08-10, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Everay
Major General

well, it would have to change all of the characters
Old 2003-08-10, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
snypz
Private

everyone would just spy for there true empire to see where they should defend and stuff

http://www.terranrepublic.com

I'm a who thinks and

my moto: screw the blue
Old 2003-08-10, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Eliaas_Demens
First Sergeant

everyone would just spy for there true empire to see where they should defend and stuff
People do that anyway. But I found an easy way to fight a spy - Boomers!
Old 2003-08-11, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Cease
First Sergeant

Actually a while back ago, right when PS came out, someone asked Sporkfire about severe server population imbalances. One of the things he mentioned was if it got very bad they would consider letting people "defect" to the empire that was in a population crisis.
Old 2003-08-12, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
wiles01
Private

24 hour waiting period...

How about just like with changing a certification there was a 24 hour waiting period.

That way spying would be out of the question, but the ability for someone to "defect" to another one of the factions would be allowed. You would just have to wait 24 hours before the change became permanent.

I wouldn't mind switching sides every now and again to play against some of my teammates on the same server.
Old 2003-08-12, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Actually back in the day it was said that defections would be allowed one way or another. Just another empty promise admist a myiad of others, aye?
Old 2003-08-12, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
wiles01
Private

Actually I've heard of defection a bit...

Actually I heard of an NC battle plan that was foiled last weekend by a spy/defector...

Someone overheard the entire plan for a fortified attack and they evidently raced off and broadcast it local to the enemy...

When the NC attacked finally expecting little or no resistance, they were met by an organized defense.

So the next night, the NC Commander planned everything and got the ball rolling in less than 20 minutes or so... making more of a suprise attack this time instead of having it planned out and talked about for an hour or so.

Hardly any resistance with the 2nd invasion plan of attack.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion