News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sex is not dirty, unless that is, its done right.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-25, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #241
Arcsilver
Private

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

That was freaking awesome!

I expected more kills for TR, but then went back and noticed the nade launcher kill and then the blood spattering all over the camera when the NC guy gets blown to bits.

vanu FTW.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #242
Broadside
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
They made this trailer for ADD dummies and CoD kids.
This was not made to appeal to Planetside fans.

If it was, it would have shown a battle that is an actual struggle between 3 factions. Not one GI Joe super soldier mowing down half an army.
1. Not everyone with ADD is dumb.
2. Not everyone who plays CoD is a kid.
3. Lighten up and enjoy a friggin' trailer. It's not like it hurts the game.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #243
Blackwater
Private

Originally Posted by Razicator View Post
Dude relax. When has a game trailer ever stayed 100% true to its in-game content? The trailer got the gist of the game correct, enough for the uninformed masses, and that's the point of the trailer. It showed 3 factions, several classes, vehicles, massive scale combat, etc etc etc, which is much more in line with "Planetside" than using an SMG to destroy a galaxy is not "Planetside." Plus devs already stated you can shoot out the pilot of airplanes, though didn't specify which weapons.

No shit they made it for the masses. It's a Free to Play game, they HAVE to attract a wide audience in order to make it profitable. There's no point in keeping it alive for maybe 1000 total players like they did with PS1. I honestly envy your life if you get this worked up over making mountains out of planetside molehills.
Guild Wars 2 trailer have always stayed true to the game play.
You could have made a trailer appealing while making it more true to an actual game.

They could have showed an emotional conflict between two faction instead of an "OMG EXPLOSIOOOOOONSSSS" trailer.

This trailer literally flew threw my brain like air.
NOTHING about it is memorable. Which is why Blur sucks at making trailers. They have pretty graphics so everyone thinks it "OMG SOOOO EPIIIIC"
Old 2012-07-25, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #244
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Broadside View Post
1. Not everyone with ADD is dumb.
2. Not everyone who plays CoD is a kid.
3. Lighten up and enjoy a friggin' trailer. It's not like it hurts the game.
I think it DOES misrepresent the game. That could, arguably, be hurting it. It's well made and visually appealing, but doesn't really convey what Planetside is about.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #245
Harasus
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
I think it DOES misrepresent the game. That could, arguably, be hurting it. It's well made and visually appealing, but doesn't really convey what Planetside is about.
The important thing for SoE/Planetside 2 is that it gets people interested. A fancy trailer does the job, I suppose.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #246
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Jeepo View Post
31-4-0?

So do that by kills then work out who is superior?

NC Kills:31
TR Kills:4
VS Kills:1

NC Wins!
All those Vanu to kill one NC after he wrecks the TR and crash lands multiple times from great height. No wonder they needed so many to take on the handful of squad droppers.

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
If anybody thinks that's what the in-game footage looks like, they are a fool. It even clearly states "NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY" The whole purpose of the trailer is to just be fun, and to show that SOE has a big budget for the game (It probably cost them over a million dollars to have made.).

Last edited by LordReaver; 2012-07-25 at 11:21 PM.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #247
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Reizod View Post
What is TR???
Ahahaha! TR were like the generic red shirts from Star Trek.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #248
Novice bot
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Harasus View Post
The important thing for SoE/Planetside 2 is that it gets people interested. A fancy trailer does the job, I suppose.
Exactly. Almost every single game makes a fancy cinematic trailer, and afterwards, a game play trailer is shown. That's how that duo works. The cinematic trailers usually only apply lore-wise, but everything else just developer's imagination, or someone else's.

I did enjoy the trailer, although it kinda promised me I could kill people from the drivers seat, I guess there's no mention of that.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #249
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Harasus View Post
I agree. I think they could have done it better by properly representing the game, though. For instance, instead of having the whole trailer focused on an NC light assault show what his squad is doing as well. Currently, the only playstyle shown is that of the run/fly'n'gun LA. show some infiltrators. show some snipers covering him. Hell, show a MAX or two (arguably the coolest of all the classes). They could have done it like the opening cinematic for Warhammer online; a better spread of some of the different classes and playstyles in the game. Something to show it's team-based, not a faux single-player game.

That way when the people who come for the game get what they think they were getting, they keep playing: Instead of all the folks who realize they cant shoot a pilot out of his cockpit, or even get onto a galaxy for that matter, and quit. I think they're trying to draw in one one type of person and not all that they could be.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #250
Blackwater
Private

Originally Posted by LordReaver View Post
All those Vanu to kill one NC after he wrecks the TR and crash lands multiple times from great height. No wonder they needed so many to take on the handful of squad droppers.
We get it. The NC are OMG SOOO EPIC SUPER SOLDIER
Old 2012-07-25, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #251
kaffis
Contributor
Major

To the folks upset over the TR's showing... the NC guy didn't start out alone, but he was the last NC standing on the ground. So they put up a fight and slaughtered the rest of his squad, at least. Stop griping about the NC love, and pay attention to the Vanu favoritism... they didn't suffer a single casualty, and are clearly going to wipe the floor with their show-up-late antics!
Old 2012-07-25, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #252
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Trailer was AMAZING.

I can't believe some of the comments I'm reading. You people will never be pleased. Jesus crist, TR cameos aside, trailers don't get better than that.

Hats off to SOE for such a freaking awesome trailer.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #253
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I get the feeling that Higby directed the CGI trailer making company to, "Make a video that makes NC light assault look really cool!".

And so it was written.
Old 2012-07-25, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #254
Reizod
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
Trailer was AMAZING.

I can't believe some of the comments I'm reading. You people will never be pleased. Jesus crist, TR cameos aside, trailers don't get better than that.

Hats off to SOE for such a freaking awesome trailer.
Yes, yes... thank you! Give this guy a promotion and make him General of the TR please!
Old 2012-07-25, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #255
drennam
Private

i'm pretty sure when i watched it, the first several seconds had font similar to this:

NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion