1 Cert Idea, Veichle Upgrades - like implants for cars - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: NO CAPS PLEASE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-12, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

1 Cert Idea, Veichle Upgrades - like implants for cars

this isn't really long, you can skip the examples if you want a short version.

all the veichles have something that could be upgraded a bit. for example I wouldn't mind my galaxy taking under half an hour to charge it's shields.
none of these need any changing to models, animations, or textures. just a bit of coding.

what I suggest is one of two things:

1)make a specific upgrade for each veichle ot veichle class. making 2 upgrades per veichle would be rather nice but they should both be effective independently, yet not too powerful together.
ideas just from the top off my head, I put them in pairs of hhow they would work nicely:

AMS - defensive
-self regenerating armor or shields (shields sound better) for AMS or other support veichles
-force field AMS bubble, basiclly transfering shield power to the bubble, won't make the AMS capable of taking more damage but it will give the new spawners some nice cover.

Tanks - escape
-ability to turn off the weapon systems in the tanks and move a bit faster. like the MAX suits. crossing a continent in one can be rather boring, and running away is kinda hard. can't use weapons due to stability problems, vanguards flip enough as is
-lock jamming. can't use weapons with this on cause it disrupts weapon systems. when you want to make an escape to repair you turn this on to avoid them pesky strikers. it can also disconnect phoenix cameras causing them to go into dumb fire mode the moment they are within the jamming range.

Tanks #2 - turret like
-shield boost when moving very slowly. shield regenration would probably make them invincible but that's still an idea. would make the whole "artillery" thing with the vanguard at bridge battles nicer.
-air only radar that detects incoming aircraft and maybe alerts the crew in a less annoying way then the missile lock message. those reavers can be pretty annoying when you're moving slowly. this too can be enabled only when under a certain speed.

mosquito - dogfighting
-maybe give it a faster firing rate at speeds higher then 40% to allow it to shoot down libs easier and actually get a chance to be more then a pest to galaxies but still not kill infantry too easily.
-aiming conputer, this is not an aimbot thingy, just make it so that if you aim close but not dead on to a different aircraft while at 80% the speed of a REAVER or more it would "help you aim" a bit.

2)non specific upgrades that work on all your veichles.
-shield regeneration, varies in speed according to veichle of course
-faster shield charge and repair when in CY/repair pad
-10% more inventory space.
-electronic jaming protection, basiclly the jammer needs to go off closer to you.
-lock on protection, only at high speeds, can drain the shields or something.

anyhow, I think they should be limited the same way as implants, not necesarly the same BR's and the number 3 but it would be nice. I don't want people driving around with uber cars either.
Old 2003-12-12, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

I like these ideas! Wow thats a first! lol
Old 2003-12-12, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Same idea behind vehicles modules i like it!
Old 2003-12-12, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

The second dev interview (I think) mentioned alternative cert categories for advanced piloting and the like. So you're probably not too far off.
Old 2003-12-12, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Me, I'd just like a larger cargo space for maybe 3 more boxes of ammo. They could reduce the width to being able to fit three boxes across total, and the length to being able to fit 4 boxes deep total. If people want to add things like soldier ammo, glue guns, and stuff, they can sacrifice(sp?) ammo for those things.

I'd also like to see the ability to create Vehicle Favorates at any terminal. Only to create them. That way when you have a Drop Ship center, you can go up to a repair/rearm facility, and not have to dick around, plus if you want Soldier things in your trunk, you don't have to first put them into your trunk, have access to an operational Re/re station, and then save your favorate. Just a though
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion