Cloak Disengaged... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Warning: Troll crossing
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-03-28, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Re: Cloak Disengaged...

Hello Kelduum. Long time EVE player here (former co-ceo of PlanetSide Defense Union, back in like, what, 2003?). I most recently came from a stint in Red vs. Blue because I needed to get my PVP fix, so I'm quite familiar with EVE University. Though, in all seriousness, one of the main reasons I joined RvB was to teach newbies things, so I can relate to EU.

Anyhow, I hope that you will, in true CCP style, inject more graphs into everything we hear from the dev team. We all know Smed is a big fan of EVE too so I can see why he would want to hire a statistician from that community.

I've said it multiple times before, there's a connection between EVE and PlanetSide in a way I've never been able to describe. They are completely unrelated games and yet again and again I find people who are passionate about both.

Welcome!

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2013-03-29, 07:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
AnamNantom
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
Hello Kelduum. Long time EVE player here (former co-ceo of PlanetSide Defense Union, back in like, what, 2003?). I most recently came from a stint in Red vs. Blue because I needed to get my PVP fix, so I'm quite familiar with EVE University. Though, in all seriousness, one of the main reasons I joined RvB was to teach newbies things, so I can relate to EU.

Anyhow, I hope that you will, in true CCP style, inject more graphs into everything we hear from the dev team. We all know Smed is a big fan of EVE too so I can see why he would want to hire a statistician from that community.

I've said it multiple times before, there's a connection between EVE and PlanetSide in a way I've never been able to describe. They are completely unrelated games and yet again and again I find people who are passionate about both.

Welcome!
Electrofreak, I second that. I too am of both communities (Similar character names too ) There is a connection. I'm passionate about both games myself and enjoy creating music and art inspired by both. Got some art into Eve (alliance logo).

MOAR spreadsheeeeeeeets!

Oh, and Scitor Nantom says: Long live the Minmatar Republic! (even though I'm a nullsec criminal)... Broken Toys Alliance!

Oh and a few of my contributions to the Eve community:
http://www.voicesfromthevoid.net/201...do-zombies-say

http://tech4news.org (Site dev)

http://eve.tilt180.com (Site dev + Art and Roleplay blog)

Last edited by AnamNantom; 2013-03-29 at 07:14 AM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-03-29, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kelduum
PlanetSide 2
Stats Guy

Originally Posted by lllSilencerlll View Post
So the stats guy is on TR...
Just to make it clear, I'm more interested in making sure the game is balanced and fun, than having TR conquer everything.

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
...I hope that you will, in true CCP style, inject more graphs into everything we hear from the dev team.
I'll do what I can!

Note: This forum post reflects the personal views and opinions of me only. It does not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Sony Online Entertainment (SOE), or anyone else, and is not sponsored or endorsed by SOE in any way. No conclusions should be drawn from any statistics posted, as 97% of statistics are made up on the spot. Valid at participating spreadsheets. SQL void where prohibited. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Old 2013-04-29, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Kelduum View Post
Just to make it clear, I'm more interested in making sure the game is balanced and fun, than having TR conquer everything.
It's much more satisfying when we beat the hell out of the NC/VS I can then say, with a clear conscience, that no cheating was involved. We beat you fair and square, at least from the TR point of view. Can't vouch for the enemy, as we all know them to betray us as soon as the next piece of Vanu Tech emerges or abandon us to someone's 'great idea' that wasn't thought out properly.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions