Esamir Base Update Feedback - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PUT YOUR HEAD BACK IN THAT BUCKET!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-20, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Figment
Lieutenant General

Esamir Base Update Feedback

The most important thing is to have walkways around the entirety of the base so you can fire outwards as infantry and hop down as infantry, meaning walls aren't just an obstruction for all inside and only a minor obstacle for enemy Light Assaults, but a part of the base defense that ties the entirety of the outer defenses together.

Preferably other buildings are connected by bridges / roofing or underground (with the Control Console (CC) underground as well).

Courtyard (CY) domination is currently the most decisive way to win such fights and as you can see most these bases have some sort of huge easy way to dominate the CY from elsewhere than the spawns. Even from outside of the base (!).

Old 2013-06-20, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Whiteagle
Major

Re: Esamir Base Update Feedback

Did they finally put the walls in Test, or was this the Update?
Old 2013-06-20, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
Did they finally put the walls in Test, or was this the Update?
This was a twitch.tv screenshot.
Old 2013-06-20, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ringring
Contributor
General

Esamir is still as it was from a few weeks ago with lots of partially built outposts.
Old 2013-06-20, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I actually love how instead of creating tented routes to the CC, they are adding a shield instead.

That's PS2 in a nutshell there, excuse my negativism. Instead of implementing simple and working solutions, they instead always add unorthodox, untested and typically faulty ones.

EDIT: As for the LA part, I think you're making too much of a deal out of it. Having catwalks on these walls will benefit attacking LAs even more since we all know how AMP station walls (or even The Stronghold catwalks) work. The only proper solution is putting holes onto these walls, with spawn-like shields on them, so that enemy HE and can't go through.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-06-20 at 02:02 PM.
Old 2013-06-20, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
I actually love how instead of creating tented routes to the CC, they are adding a shield instead.

That's PS2 in a nutshell there, excuse my negativism. Instead of implementing simple and working solutions, they instead always add unorthodox, untested and typically faulty ones.
Yeah... I haven't heard much praise of the proposed sky dome, either here on on the official forums. A plain old force field, with a gen you have to KO -- perhaps one per courtyard, with three or four courtyards separated by internal walls -- would be a helluva lot better.

On the other hand, they finally seem to be wrapping their heads around what makes good base design. I'll say it again: Multiple bottlenecks are awesome. *NONE* is a disaster.
Old 2013-06-21, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Shogun
Contributor
General

why do the devs still refuse to copy the general base layout of ps1?

damn, the battles in those bases worked really good!
take a ps1 base and tweak it a little to match the different situation in ps2. is this really so hard to do?

the dome shields will just be another campers delight , and will make the lolpodders even invincible! yeah! just what we need after nerfing aa!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-21, 03:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Whiteagle
Major

After this AA nonsense I've pretty much lost hope, the only thing keeping the game balanced right now is that Air doesn't realise it can now shit over everything without consequence.

Actually got my Skyguard PODDED to death, because I got caught on a slope when going to restock ammunition.
Old 2013-06-21, 04:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Shogun
Contributor
General

the bursters are now nerfed to being useless, so if domeshields are introduced they HAVE TO let flak through!

maxes need to be able to shoot shieldcampers. they wouldn´t hit anyways, but at least a group of them could scare nosedippers away.

Old 2013-06-21, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
the bursters are now nerfed to being useless, so if domeshields are introduced they HAVE TO let flak through!
Wait, have Bursters actually been brought down to the level of the Skyguard?
I.E. You are better off getting out and trying to bring an ESF down with Small Arms fire then bother with one?
Old 2013-06-21, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
Wait, have Bursters actually been brought down to the level of the Skyguard?
I.E. You are better off getting out and trying to bring an ESF down with Small Arms fire then bother with one?
the burster is now worse than the skyguard ever was. it has CoF like a shotgun now. i prefer my ha´s gauss gun over any specific aa now.
the missiles take 5 seconds to lock and are too short ranged.

so the skyguard is the only viable aa right now. (haven´t tested if it also sucks, but i guess so) and when people run out of tank ressources or the v-terminal is lost, air has nothing left to fear.
and with domeshields they can even nosedip to launch the lolpods and retreat to be safe from any missiles and burster fire.
damn, i used to play games until i was getting too hungry to keep playing, but i can´t play ps2 for more than 1 or 2 hours without having to quit due to the sheer frustration it gives me. game is broken and needs a complete redesign of too many things.

most important: bases
second important: TTK and weapon/unit balance
third important: classes overhaul (or reintroduction of limited freeform inventory)

but i lost all hopes, that any of these things will be done correctly.

Old 2013-06-21, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
the burster is now worse than the skyguard ever was. it has CoF like a shotgun now.
Actually that makes it about the same as the Skyguard, which means it should at least still be usable for Point Defense...

Problem is that we now don't have ANY ground option for long range Anti-Air because the VIPER is better for taking down Aircraft then the SKYGUARD!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion