MAX vs. HA - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dude, where's my Wraith?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-14, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Re: MAX vs. HA

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
This shit right here. MAX's only offer support through killing. Very limited role IMO.

Judging a game by its global chat is like judging a movie by the mouth-breathing neckbeards in its autograph line at comicon.
Awesome.
Old 2012-08-14, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Mongo
Corporal

Interesting thing is going down this silly route of classes means you have to have reasonable balance. Problem here is your trying to balance a Unit as a class that was on a timer and was superior to infantry, that you can respawn as regularly - Im really interested to see how they do this personally!
We are now openly recruiting all roles. Visit our recruitment spam here.
Old 2012-08-14, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Boone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
Wow. Yanno boone if you slapped a 5 hour timer on them, that wouldn't stop the scenario you don't want to see...

That is how stupid the timer suggestion is.

MAX suits are fine. They do their job effectively and are probably the only things that can actually move infantry combat. In fact I like these MAX suits far better then the PS1 MAX suits. These ones actually look and feel like walking tanks.

Disclaimer: No I'm not in beta. The above statement was made after watching the beta streams. Yes I think anyone who isn't blind could come to the same conclusion. Yes I think most people really are blind with bias.
Will Outfits likely drop in with just MAX? Ok, sure they will, however people won't just be able to respawn, respawn, respawn, respawn, respawn, MAXs if there was a timer on them when trying to defend bases, etc. I guess we'll see, but don't be suprised to hear more bitching about it.

Maybe the timer wouldn't stop the scenario I suggested, but it sure would eliminate a lot of other annoying scenarios where it can/will be abused. I can live with it either way to be honest only because I don't care that much either way..most people are going to hate it.

We know though that PS1 players just want PS1 re-skinned at this point basically.

Last edited by Boone; 2012-08-14 at 01:15 PM.
Old 2012-08-14, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Renegadeknight
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Boone View Post
Will Outfits likely drop in with just MAX? Ok, sure they will, however people won't just be able to respawn, respawn, respawn, respawn, respawn, MAXs if there was a timer on them when trying to defend bases, etc. I guess we'll see, but don't be suprised to hear more bitching about it.

Maybe the timer wouldn't stop the scenario I suggested, but it sure would eliminate a lot of other annoying scenarios where it can/will be abused. I can live with it either way to be honest only because I don't care that much either way..most people are going to hate it.
Don't see what other scenario a timer would prevent other than a large amount of maxs(which it really wouldn't). And how do you know the opinion of everyone? All beta testers are under NDA, anyone complaining/worried or defending maxs don't actually know anything solid and as I said before global chat is usually full of garbage.
Old 2012-08-14, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Boone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Renegadeknight View Post
Don't see what other scenario a timer would prevent other than a large amount of maxs(which it really wouldn't). And how do you know the opinion of everyone? All beta testers are under NDA, anyone complaining/worried or defending maxs don't actually know anything solid and as I said before global chat is usually full of garbage.
Ok..

50 people defending a base, when they die they continue to spawn MAX over and over (squad spawning). How would a timer not fix this? I'm pretty sure we can discuss anything in the videos seeing as they streamed it themselves.

I guess what I'm saying is I really don't care to see MAX vs MAX fights around bases because that's what it will likely turn into. Why spawn anything else? You're right though, there is so much we don't know that it's all bullshit anyway.

I could care less either way. I just think it would probably be better and really don't feel like hearing about it/fixing it later on when it was (if) it is an issue.

Where did you get the impression I was speaking for everyone. . . .?

Last edited by Boone; 2012-08-14 at 01:40 PM.
Old 2012-08-14, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Renegadeknight
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Boone View Post
Ok..

50 people defending a base, when they die they continue to spawn MAX over and over. How would a timer not fix this? I'm pretty sure we can discuss anything in the videos seeing as they streamed it themselves.

I guess what I'm saying is I really don't care to see MAX vs MAX fights around bases because that's what it will likely turn into. Why spawn anything else? You're right though, there is so much we don't know that it's all bullshit anyway.

I could care less either way. I just think it would probably be better.

Where did you get the impression I was speaking for everyone. . . .?
If said 50 maxes are defending a base and it is truly so difficult to take down one, the others could hold until the dead ones re spawn and the process repeats itself. As for video, sure that could be discussed but from my understanding most of this is about global chat occurring during it. Have you every stopped to read some of the shit on global chat is games. And last thing I'm going to say is people need to stop believing maxs are gods. They are slow and I recall seeing someone kite one about as light assault(was a while back). They are big slow moving targets. The only time a max would every be extremely dominating is in tight inclosed spaces which is obviously because mobility no longer matters, which is the maxes main disadvantage in combat. Bases in this game are generally pretty open so mobility should still come into play. Let use not also forget the maxs inability to hack, use vehicles and use iron sights/scopes(you are pretty much hip firing the entire time).
Old 2012-08-14, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Boone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Renegadeknight View Post
If said 50 maxes are defending a base and it is truly so difficult to take down one, the others could hold until the dead ones re spawn and the process repeats itself. As for video, sure that could be discussed but from my understanding most of this is about global chat occurring during it. Have you every stopped to read some of the shit on global chat is games. And last thing I'm going to say is people need to stop believing maxs are gods. They are slow and I recall seeing someone kite one about as light assault(was a while back). They are big slow moving targets. The only time a max would every be extremely dominating is in tight inclosed spaces which is obviously because mobility no longer matters, which is the maxes main disadvantage in combat. Bases in this game are generally pretty open so mobility should still come into play. Let use not also forget the maxs inability to hack, use vehicles and use iron sights/scopes(you are pretty much hip firing the entire time).
True, but a timer of some sort would cut this down. Say, 5 minutes..I don't know? Of course if you stay alive 5+ min you would have no spawn timer, but I'm more thinking about ppl who just spawn/die/spawn/die. I don't think MAX should be nerfed (hard to say right now) because they are supposed to be big ass heavy hitters, I just don't want to see that as the "base" fighting mechanic I guess where it comes down to 30 MAX, 10 engineers or something (engis repair the MAX not medic I beleive?).

I do try to pay attention to chat some just to see if I can get some insight regarding stuff that has been missed or what people are complaining about, but you have to be able to sift through all the bs and whining.

The reason I say this is cause for example (DUST 514) atm you can spawn any vehicle with no issue. Well, what you have is people just spawning vehicles for transportion only or just running around slamming on people. It's kind of stupid, just don't want to see that happen with MAX where it becomes "Ok, in the base, everyone spawn MAX" or something of the sorts.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion