3D spotting - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What the heck is this text box for?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you want your spotting?
Full - 3D spotting and on the minimap 75 18.84%
Partial -2D spots on the minimap only 148 37.19%
None 62 15.58%
Static markers only that do not follow the spotted enemy 94 23.62%
Other 19 4.77%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-04-05, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: 3D spotting

I said "True enough, most of us won't quit over it", I never said it wasn't game ruining, I never said it wasn't a big deal. My view has not changed. If I didn't think it was ruinous, I wouldn't be talking about it. You might assume that just because someone continues to play a game that it means the problems aren't ruinous, but you have to understand that there is another concept that drives things: No viable alternative, aka, choosing the lesser evil. I do want to play shooter games, and MMO shooters with huge maps especially, I will not miss the opportunity to do so for 3D spotting, but it is still like a stinky turd on the same plate as my favorite food. No game will be perfect, that doesn't mean that game ruining features should be silently accepted.

As far as how to teach, it should be a simple matter of running players through an on-rails tutorial that exposes them to all aspects of the game. Using what you might call "bots" or simply scripted NPCs. The game says, "walk here", so you walk there, and it says, "see the enemy standing there? Look at your minimap", and then a red dot will blink on the minimap, and an explanation will pop up telling you why it is there, and what to do with it. For example.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-04-05 at 12:14 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion