A prediction... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Perfect Sirloin Union
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-20, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
DarkBalths
Corporal

Re: A prediction...

I play TR, so the only reasons I buy NS weapons are because I can use them on an alternate if I want to, they look freakin' awesome, and they sound cool.
TR guns are superior, but NS weapons give you a fresh feel for when the same old TR guns get stale.
Old 2013-04-20, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by PurpleOtter View Post
You're not thinking big enough....

"In three years, Nanite Systems will become the largest supplier of military computer systems on Auraxis. All Liberator Gunships are upgraded with Nanite Systems computers, becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly with a perfect operational record. The Nanite Systems Funding Bill is passed. The system goes online on August 4th, 2013. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. The Nanite Systems network begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware 2:14 AM, Indar time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug....."
If their leaky and climbing frame base and installation design is anything to go by so far; The Resistance has little to worry about yet
Old 2013-04-20, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Goliith
Private

"In three years, Nanite Systems will become the largest supplier of military computer systems on Auraxis. All Liberator Gunships are upgraded with Nanite Systems computers, becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly with a perfect operational record. The Nanite Systems Funding Bill is passed. The system goes online on August 4th, 2013. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. The Nanite Systems network begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware 2:14 AM, Indar time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug....."
You just made my day good sir, thank you.
Old 2013-04-20, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Falcon_br
Captain

That would be awesome for a planetside 2 DLC!
For those that really suck and don´t like pvp, they can finally play planetside 2 in a pve environment where it doesn't matter how bad your aim is, you can win!
Copyright your idea or Sony will stole it for you, like they did with the ns-11c and the guy who had the idea didn´t receive anything for it!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-20, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Copyright your idea or Sony will stole it for you, like they did with the ns-11c and the guy who had the idea didn´t receive anything for it!
Because you can totally copyright a direct quote from a film script. Yeah.
Old 2013-04-20, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Juryrig View Post
Because you can totally copyright a direct quote from a film script. Yeah.
This forum really needs a sarcasm detector ASAP!

But an invading alien force on auraxis could be a better reason for the 3 empires to combine arms.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-21, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

This forum really needs a sarcasm detector ASAP!
Sorry, I was tired and it went right by me. Realised after I'd posted it, left it there 'cos editing stoopid stuff I say feels like cheating Also because I'd be doing it all.the.time.
Old 2013-04-21, 05:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Rolfski
Major

I would totally dig a Planetside: Terminator PvE arena where you would jointly fight the evil machines of Nanite Systems. Not that it's ever going to happen though.

But other than that, I have a hard time imagining how a NS SMG or even a NS shotgun or NS sniper rifle would fit into my TR arsenal stat wise.
Old 2013-04-21, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Koadster
Sergeant Major

You talking about me and these weapons

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=53289

I would give it a 35-45round mag, though ofcourse the devs would have to sort out the exact stats. Possibly an accurate med range gun like the NS11 is, essentially giving the NS11 to Engies/LAs so they could have AR like performance from a carbine.
They basically made the exact guns I suggested.. unlike the NS revolvers the NS carbine/LMG popped up really fast outta the blue.

a month or so later BAM. the new guns appear, they even did the cooling slits on the front shroud. Yeah it will be the last time I suggest any weapon ideas to SOE and Ive got some decent ones!

Edit: My designs look much better then the ones SOE used imo.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-04-21 at 05:38 AM.
Old 2013-04-21, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
They basically made the exact guns I suggested.. unlike the NS revolvers the NS carbine/LMG popped up really fast outta the blue.

a month or so later BAM. the new guns appear, they even did the cooling slits on the front shroud. Yeah it will be the last time I suggest any weapon ideas to SOE and Ive got some decent ones!
Like you own the copy right to the NS design elements right?

What do you expect? Of course these characteristics you mentioned were to be expected. You don't have to be a wizard to figure out the design philosophy behind NS weapons and predict stats that will go with them. The fact that you suggested the weapons doesn't mean you invented them.
Old 2013-04-21, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Koadster
Sergeant Major

The coincidence was a little too close though. Since the only NS small arms was the NS11 the carbine could have been design anyway, a faster shooter, maybe a slow hard hitter.

I never said I owned the copy rights of it lol.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-04-21, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

More gun skins! Not more guns!

Take the NS logo off, sell it for $5, and let me put it on any sniper rifle
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion