Interview - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Currently under FBI investigation
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-21, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Interview

"DG: Well, we have a guy on the team who did all the A.I. for Deus Ex. And he�s good at it."

Does this sound like crap to anyone else? It's just a picky point, but didn't a whole team work on the AI for Dues Ex? I'm more curious than anything.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-08-21, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Phaden
Contributor
Major

Huh, i guess it was just him ALLLLLLL bye himself, but seriuosly they did do a good job and its not THAT important to PS is it???
Old 2003-08-22, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I think when he said he did *all* the AI work for Deus Ex, he might have meant "dipped his fingers in all the different A.I. sauces."

A.I. in PS would be dumb anyway for 2 reasons: Animals don't attack lots of people with guns, let alone all sorts of loud vehicles rumbling around(I'll accept that ALIEN animals might), and the A.I. would probably outsmart and embarass some of the populace.
Old 2003-08-22, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Originally posted by WritheNC
the A.I. would probably outsmart and embarass some of the populace.
It's funny because it's true.
Old 2003-08-22, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Phaden
Contributor
Major

hehe, very true. But you gotta love them just the same. Easy Kills!
Old 2003-08-22, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Hehe, very true, would also be funny to watch something like a rhino take down a stupid cloaker dumb enough to get close enough to stab the rhino with a knife... And if they put in A.I they probably would be less realistic and make them have to do a whole lot of damage to people since they're melee. Not unless you see squirrels going around shotting people . I do sometimes.... but that's just me....
Old 2003-08-22, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Kaltagesta
Banned

new facility: Zoo

facility benefit: Trainable attack moneys, and you can use your own cert points to cert them [you'd have to sell your cert to give them to them] and then get them back when they die. You and an in-fil monkey could go assault a base!
Old 2003-08-22, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

If they implement monkeys in the expansion I'd pay a full $50 for it.

"I'm taking my shot. Wait, hold on, my visibility is impaired. What is on my goggles? Is that monkey crap, how did that get there?"

*BLAM*
Old 2003-08-22, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Kaltagesta
Banned

omg teh monkey hax!

nd you could get anti-vehicle rhino's and anti-air girraffes
Old 2003-08-22, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

You'd think there was more than one person working on the AI for Deus Ex considering how high the quality was. I don't know that short of some sort of interview with the dev team for the game you could really find out for sure though. I don't think AI Programmer(s) was in the credits. Hmmm maybe I'll reinstall it when I get home and check

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-08-22, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ThEOnLyOnE
Contributor
Corporal

A.I.. just would add more life to PlanetSide.. which is something you dont see..

with the massiveness of planetside... watching herds of 'Rhinos' or what have you..
or fly birds.. would add a nice flavor to the word of Auraxis.

but dont it will ever happen
Old 2003-08-22, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by ThEOnLyOnE
A.I.. just would add more life to PlanetSide.. which is something you dont see..

with the massiveness of planetside... watching herds of 'Rhinos' or what have you..
or fly birds.. would add a nice flavor to the word of Auraxis.

but dont it will ever happen
When I want to see herds of whatever I will boot up jurasic park (hmmm a jurasic park MMORPG now that might be intresting) but what I wonder is if there is an acceptable list of questions given to the interviewer, or if these new sites are just too afraid of pissing off SOE to actualy ask any questions that dont cast the game in perfectly positive light. I'm not saying the dev should sit down for an interview and be hammered on the crash to desktop bug but I whould like to see questions like this.

"Whould you say that it is a bit unusual for a concept like the LLU to go from first being mentioned to implementation in a few months while new vehicles teased at in beta and the platoons feature still hav enot seen the light of day. Then on the heels of that an announcement of an expansion pack?"

Edited for clarity after a readthrough.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.

Last edited by Doppler; 2003-08-22 at 01:32 PM.
Old 2003-08-22, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ThEOnLyOnE
Contributor
Corporal

Originally posted by Doppler
When I want to see herds of whatever I will boot up jurasic park (hmmm a jurasic park MMORPG now that might be intresting) but what I wonder is if there is an acceptable list of questions given to the interviewer, or if these new sites are just too afraid of pissing off SOE to actualy ask any questions that dont cast the game in perfectly positive light. I'm not saying the dev should sit down for an interview and be hammered on the crash to desktop bug but I whould like to see questions like this.

"Whould you say that it is a bit unusual for a concept like the LLU to go from first being mentioned to implementation in a few months while new vehicles teased at in beta and the platoons feature still hav enot seen the light of day. Then on the heels of that an announcement of an expansion pack?"

Edited for clarity after a readthrough.
im not saying that they should make it priority..
not at all... there are so many other things then either need to fix.. or have been promised and have not gone through..
i was just saying that it would be a nice to see shit like that in the game.. just adds life to the game.. specially with all the traveling you do in the game.. would be nice to see shit other then the same repeative textures...

your question a good one..
Old 2003-08-22, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Doppler
Contributor
Major

I have no idea with clientside animals just as decoration, as enemies (I.E things that can hurt the paly) I do have issues with them as they willl just add the one thing I didnt want in planetside. I like the fact that every single moving thing is player controlled.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-08-22, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
kidriot
Sergeant Major

herds of rhinos and flying animals? what the fuck are you thinking?

that's the last thing planetside needs.

when Dallas talks about A.I. I think of it in terms of static defenses. or maybe a type of "tank" that roams the SOI sort of like a roving turret.

or increased situational awareness on the part of the base, ie: shutting off auto-repair on base turrets when under heavy siege or vehicle terminals.

if you're honestly interested in watching a herd of rhinos run across the landscape watch the Discovery channel.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion