Vanu won Emerald! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We have 3 ranks: N00b, Vet and l33t whore
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-16, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

The Vanu may be holding their own on other servers, but on Emerald, we get out hats handed to use quite often from everyone. Not sure if it is a population issue or what. I'm glad we won yesterday (I wasn't on), but on Saturday we were getting totally wiped out.
Old 2003-06-16, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Crono
Second Lieutenant

I've never really understood the whole argument of which weapons should be 'nerfed' or not... But in my opinion, nothing should be changed. I suggest that's it's a whole point of players seeing TR and NC as far more (this only applies in the earlier days of PS) attractive in both weapons and vehicles (and appearance... But that'd be weird), and ultimately choosing one of those empires because of that.

Then, the TRs MAXs were changed, thus evening things out a bit more. If eveything was as equal as it is now, more people would have chosen VS when they first got the game, but haven't changed now because they're NC or TR character is likely much too far in the game to switch.
Old 2003-06-16, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Myrnyyk
Private

Originally posted by Tryndamere

Stop whining, VS is very powerful.
Let me ask you something, Try...when's the last time you tried to take out two Pounders in the Spawn room with a Lasher/Lancer? When's the last time you tried to break into the CC with 3 or 4 Jackhammers pointed down the stairs at you without the support of a Pounder?

Have you played VS much? If not, then please quit assuming we are just whining instead of making a valid complaint. VS are a very strong Empire outside the base. But once we are inside, we can't hide behind our mobility anymore.

Get over yourself. I'm not crying for a nerf for either empire...I'm just asking for VS to be given a viable weapon for indoor combat. That's not a whine, that's a request.
And now the newbie is j00.
Old 2003-06-16, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Myrnyyk
Let me ask you something, Try...when's the last time you tried to take out two Pounders in the Spawn room with a Lasher/Lancer? When's the last time you tried to break into the CC with 3 or 4 Jackhammers pointed down the stairs at you without the support of a Pounder?

Have you played VS much? If not, then please quit assuming we are just whining instead of making a valid complaint. VS are a very strong Empire outside the base. But once we are inside, we can't hide behind our mobility anymore.

Get over yourself. I'm not crying for a nerf for either empire...I'm just asking for VS to be given a viable weapon for indoor combat. That's not a whine, that's a request.
I agree 100%. People need to realize that without any viable indoor weapons, Vanu have a very hard time capturing or defending a CC. Unless of course the other side decides to take the battle outside.
Old 2003-06-16, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Tryndamere
Sergeant

If its impossible to take the CC from a couple TR pounder MAX's, then how does VS ever win?

They DO win, and they win a lot.

Get some bodies, rush into the MAX's at point blank range and overwhelm them.

Each empire has its own advantages.

You are admitting yourself that VS rock outdoors, that compensates for their weakness indoors. If you get stronger indoors, then they need to nerf your outdoor power (Magmower, Lancer).
Old 2003-06-16, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Myrnyyk
Private

Try, we shouldn't have to zerg to win. No, a solo inf should not be able to kill a max, but we shouldn't have to throw 15 inf units at him either.

VS are comparable to the other empires outdoors. A pure sniper sill still own a Lancer as long as the sniper is on the Lancer. Most of the sniper/inf kills I get with the Lancer are picking ppl off that don't see me or are in a fight with someone else. It isn't an exceptionally accurate weapon, and it does take a little practice in getting its lead time down.

I'm not saying make us as strong indoors as we are outside, but we do need to be beefed up inside. If two parties of the same skill are playing against one another, the fight should be equal given the numbers are equal. Victory should come down to tactics. Don't get me wrong, I've seen TR and NC groups that worked very well together as a team, but I've also seen and been a part of VS groups that work together as well. The difference? To be quite frank, once we get inside, any newb in a Pounder or with a Jackhammer can flat out own a Vanu squad. So, until they start designing bases on each continent that have an outdoor CC, then they need to provide us with even footing for fighting indoors.

If you nerf the Lancer vs inf, then you have to buff the Pulsar and up the Lancers dmg vs Vehicles. It is an "ok" anti-vehicle weapon. The thing that makes it stand out is its effectiveness vs Infantry. Striker is a much better pure AV weapon, but it isn't all that effective versus infantry. As for the Magrider, it's a great tank. It does give us a nice advantage in the courtyard. But all it takes is a few Striker equipped individuals in the right spots, and those Mag's are down fairly quickly. Snipers are up on the walls picking off the Lancers. I know it works...I've seen it rip apart raids outside quite a few times.

Point being this, TR and NC have counters to any and everything we can throw at them. They also have counters for one another. As a VS, the only thing we can utilize to counter superior indoor combat is numbers. And, in case you haven't noticed, that isn't one of our strong suits either. The game honestly seems like it was designed for NC and TR only. Those races are extremely balanced with regards to one another. VS design almost appears to be an after thought.
Old 2003-06-16, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Jesus, ive been playing all weekend on vanu and i havnt lost a battle yet. I dont know whats wrong with you guys. The lasher is great indoors, hell i cleared an entire squad out of an amp station control room with it. The lancer takes down anything, just learn to use it.

You want that CC rid of a pounder? Rush in with the lancer and use it close range. I normally get 4-5 shots off doing this, which completly drains the armor. This opens the way for any idiot with a flash light to kill him.

Having problems with jackhammers? Engage at range. Its really that simple. Use the pulsar and your 4x zoom, then strafe and burst fire. They wont be able to hit you with the guass very well, and will go down in no time. If they are in the CC, just lob in some plasma nades. They will come out, they always do, right into the loving arms of your squad. No jackhammer will take out a squad, especially if you brought in some lashers.

Learn to use the switching on your pulsar. At long range switch to AP, its slower so your more accurate, and it does alot of armor dmg. After abit, switch back to normal and finish off the people who you've been shooting. Close range its even better, 5-7 shots of AP and 5 shots of normal can kill the vast majority of infantry. Hell you dont even need to stop firing to switch, just right click.
Old 2003-06-16, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Myrnyyk
Private

So 12 shots with a Pulsar that require you to change Weapon modes is balanced with two other med range guns that can kill you in 6 shots with the regular bullets? If the Pulsar wasn't such a PoS I wouldn't rely on the Lancer to snipe ppl off the walls before I advance.

Rush the CC with a Lancer? You're dead before you hit the door with a Pounder. Let me rephrase that...3 or 4 ppl are dead...including a Max...before you hit the door.

I'm very glad to hear you've had some successes with your weapons as a VS. But most of us haven't been that lucky. I guess I just keep running into TR's and NC's that actually know how to aim and don't miss with a Gauss at Med Range.

There are tactics to beat any given situation. But why is it that a Vanu has to rely on Common Pool weapons (Deci/Rocklet/Thumper) indoors where as both the other empires have indoor fighting options? You don't see them pulling out a Punisher to fight our Pulsars (and quite a few VS trade Punisher for Pulsar) in outdoor fights. Our indoor weaponry is not balanced. Not even close.
Old 2003-06-16, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Tryndamere
Sergeant

So 12 shots with a Pulsar that require you to change Weapon modes is balanced with two other med range guns that can kill you in 6 shots with the regular bullets? If the Pulsar wasn't such a PoS I wouldn't rely on the Lancer to snipe ppl off the walls before I advance.
Before you whine more, play a TR on another server and see how many shots the cycler takes to kill someone. It sure isn't 6~

And wtf medium assault weapon can be used to snipe people off walls?

The guass? People will just duck and move after a couple shots. Big whoop. The lancer is the best all round weapon in the game and you're complaining about using it?

Old 2003-06-16, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Myrnyyk
Private

The Lancer, like all weapons, has its downsides as well. It isn't the end all, be all weapon. I'm not complaining about using it, but it can't be used in every situation.

In all the fire fights I've had against a Gauss or a Cycler, it has taken my opponent far less shots that it has taken me to kill them. When I can dump 15 shots of a Pulsar into someone at Medium range and they not drop while I do get dropped in less than 10 hits...it's not balanced. I don't need to roll an Alt. I used to pick up Cyclers and Gauses all the time. Either or kill much more effectively than a Pulsar at medium/short range.

And, no, I don't shoot ppl on walls with an Med Assualt weapon. I'll surge to the walls, and many will jump down to fight you. If was a little out of shotgun range and they had a Med Assault Weapon...well, then I was back in the base reloading a Favorite.

The Lancer is a great weapon, but its greatness lies in it versatility of effectiveness vs hard and soft targets. It isn't the most effective medium range/short range/long range gun. But we can switch between vehicles and infantry with ease...I guess that makes us balanced, eh?

Last edited by Myrnyyk; 2003-06-16 at 05:25 PM.
Old 2003-06-17, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
xamit2000
Private

Vanu ruled Emerald Today

it was a damn good fight today. there I was yesterday whining about how the Vanu don't work together. Today I ran round solo backing up outfits and other teams. Just jumping walls with my maxx and pounding unsuspecting infantry as the outfits pounded the last few bases' entrances.

Some stupid reaver tried to crash into to me and they forgot about the Vanu jump boosters, and the idiot crashed right in to the wall while I jumped it. I couldn't stop laughing and a damn cloaker killed me with his knife. I bet he had a good laught too. Knifing a MAXX to death.
Old 2003-06-17, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Agathon
Sergeant

Good Job

Hello,

I believe the VS are fine also. Their weapons kill quickly through armor, and I find myself dying with armor left. You cannot be that lucky as a TR. You have to cut through my entire armor pretty much to start harming me. VS weapons hurt like hell, and they kill quickly. This has just been my experience of course. I agree that their number one issue has been organization. This is any empire's problem, and zerging will not work against skilled foes.

Hey Big Bro, just a thought, but maybe your signature should say "Loyalty Beyond Death" since there is no permanent death in PS! hehe (Just a thought since "until" seems odd with a game where you die and come back over and over) <smile>

;-)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion