comparison with RL military - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Every man dies, not every man really lives.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-03, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Iceman
Corporal

Thats another thing that could be interested for bases.

The possibility to build semi-permanent bunkers and turrets. Once destroyed, they go away.

That way, people could actually barricade the Gate Entraces and stuff.

Naturally there should be healthpoints on the bunkers, which would require heavy artillery to take out or something like that, but then again, that could make things a lot more interesting.

And while i'm totally crazy at it, what about 'big Berta' cannons? basically Big, Fixed cannons that shoot projectiles across the whole continent! That would naturally require energy, from which ANTs should make runs for, just like a normal outpost.

Those Big Cannons could then be used to 'bombard' specific locations from accross the continent. And since the COre Combat upgrade is bringing Artillery with laser Painters, that could be a great addition to this!

ok ok, this is Very far fetched... but hell.
Old 2003-09-03, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Paingiver
Second Lieutenant

sounds good to me, i think we should have a more effective bomber though, one that could bypass radar(like todays B2) and be able to drop precision guided bombs that would be controlled by the bombardier until impact, just like the phoenix but the bomb would do alot more splash damge and armor piecing damage.
Old 2003-09-03, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
TheRegurgitator
Major

Originally posted by Sputty
Let's just say a modern army could beat PS's anytime.
I'd agree with that if they didnt have spawn tubes
Old 2003-09-03, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
ghost018

Planetside would be a lot more realistic if the kiddies stopped posting the nerf threads in the Official forums and actually learned how to use their weapons. I think they intentionally made the armor easy to see and even easier when you gain rank. Ghost Recon is a great game, check it out sometime if you want camo.

ghost

Old 2003-09-03, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I think Iceman has a few interesting points.

And you asked, Where do the HART's go? In Space?
Yes, according to SOE, the HART travels to a space station, where troops can be deployed across the world as fast as possible. I think I said that in a different topic somewhere.

I for one would like to see Helicopters, or SOMEthing like that. And Missle Tanks, and Missletrucks that carry maybe 1 to 3 cruise missles. I know, helicopters? We have Mosquitos and Reavers, why would we want helicopters? Simple. Rapid troop transport in the air. No vehicle carrying capacity, Medium weapons (guns on each side, and forwad Chaingun. Moves faster than the Galaxy, Sunderer or Deliverer. 150 Kmph. Same speed, almost as the Mosquito, but carries more than just a pilot. Carries 5 people, Pilot, 2 gunners, 2 passengers. MAybe more. I've piloted the Galaxy, and the galaxy is a flying target. In fact, I've flown ALL the jets. They all have their advantages and disadvatages.

But that's just my wishes.

And one real important detail that Iceman forgot. Who in the HELL would build a base, and let the trees grow to the walls?? What moron commander would let THAT happen? Wouldn't happen today, never happen in ancient times, why would it happen in the future? Trees blow the capability of the Turrets, making some of them useless.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion