News: Friday Night Ops EP39 Resource System Q&A Tonight - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh bugger.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-07-27, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Friday Night Ops EP39 Resource System Q&A Tonight

I think I misunderstood something, but... The question next to last, did the answer imply that we will now only have 1 type of resource?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-07-27, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

As for the feedback:

The overall impression is a bit mixed after the Q&A. My thoughts:
  • The focus of the new system lies too deeply in the economical part of the game, which I don't think is a good concept. I base this off the Tech Plant statement and continental benefits statement.
  • Vehicle "donation" is not a bad thing at all, I don't see why everyone on the dev team keeps seeing it as a problem.
  • Sunderer is too durable to be an ANT, there needs to be a separate vehicle for that or a trailer mechanic.
  • Random energy spawners are a good idea, with the lattice system, it will add a bit of randomness.
  • There should be a way to tie the (unconnected) territory control into the resource system, if no other means to alter the battleflow are implemented.
  • I still don't understand how the resources are delivered to an end-user, from what I can tell so far, the new system isn't going to be different from the old system at all, since the resources will still feel perpetual...

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-07-27 at 09:10 AM.
Old 2013-07-27, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
I think I misunderstood something, but... The question next to last, did the answer imply that we will now only have 1 type of resource?
Yes and no... and yes again... and no again... Ugh, it's complicated

Okay, so the resources you will be able to interact with, there will be 2. Your personal resource allotment, nanites, which will be carried on your person; and, facility power. The amount of nanites you get will be determined by the facility power.

Facility power can be refilled by another resource named Auraxium, which you collect at nodes and/or random sites around the map (Meteor impacts and the like) using your sundy-Ant.

That said, they were talking about multiple types of harvestables being introduced, of varying levels of power and usefulness. One of the far future things that Malorn talked about, was the prospect of making a player made base system, and the entire thing being powered IG by special resources that would only appear once in a while on the map.
Old 2013-07-27, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
Yes and no... and yes again... and no again... Ugh, it's complicated

Okay, so the resources you will be able to interact with, there will be 2. Your personal resource allotment, nanites, which will be carried on your person; and, facility power. The amount of nanites you get will be determined by the facility power.
Yeah, I got that, what I meant was:

I use the same (type of) resource to pull C4, ESFs and MBTs, correct?

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-07-27 at 09:20 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion