The Motorola Q - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PlanetSide, keeping men single since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2006-06-15, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Holy F'n Shit I hate cell phones.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2006-06-15, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I really don't like people enough to spend more than 2 bucks on a phone. fuck you people. If someone wants to talk to me they can do it face to face. unless its an emergency or something.

because I don't care what you just did, or what you just bought, or what you're eating at the moment. NOTHING in your pathetic lives is important enough to be on the god damn phone 24/7. if you're not dying or trying to hide a body, It can wait till you see me in person.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 2006-06-15 at 01:28 PM.
Old 2006-06-15, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Giovanni
Colonel

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I really don't like people enough to spend more than 2 bucks on a phone. fuck you people. If someone wants to talk to me they can do it face to face. unless its an emergency or something.

because I don't care what you just did, or what you just bought, or what you're eating at the moment. NOTHING in your pathetic lives is important enough to be on the god damn phone 24/7. if you're not dying or trying to hide a body, It can wait till you see me in person.
QFT!

Especially the hiding a body part!
Old 2006-06-15, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Setari
General

Speaking of which, OMA, what did you want to do with this one?
Old 2006-06-15, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

well the trash was picked up today already... how far do you live from a large body of water?
Old 2006-06-15, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Hamma
PSU Admin

Just because someone owns a cell phone, or a nice cell phone doesen't mean they are on the phone 24/7 way to stereotype.

/me thinks Oma got pissed off at one to many teenagers sitting at burger king text messaging their friends

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2006-06-15 at 08:16 PM.
Old 2006-06-15, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Setari
General

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
well the trash was picked up today already... how far do you live from a large body of water?
The Mississippi River is down the street a little ways.
Old 2006-06-15, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

they may or may not be. but take time out of your day and just watch people. and see how many fucking people, anywhere, are on the god damn cell phone at any given time. its mind boggling. how did all of you survive before cell phones?

however i am pissed off at little kids (as in kids who cant drive) having cell phones. that just blows my mind.
Old 2006-06-16, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

I spend all day at work on the phone, but, ironically enough, once I'm off work, I spend a good bit of time on the phone with people again. Of course, if I can hang out with them, I do, but otherwise I'm gonna do the next best thing, which is chat with em.

As for expensive phones, shit, my phone can play mp3s and video, which is damned useful for when I'm sitting in a waiting room at the doctors office or something bored out of my mind. 1 Gig of memory and 3 seasons of TV shows goes a long way when you're bored. If I'm going somewhere where I KNOW I'll be waiting a long time (example, DMV), I bring my PSP along and watch movies or play games.

As for my i700 Pocket PC (and yes, it doubles as a phone), I got it for free, TBH I wouldn't spend that kinda money on something I don't need. But now that I'm running my own business, I need it to set up appointments for people and jot down notes on the touch screen as to what parts I need to order and such. The thing is invaluable for shit like that. Like I said, I'll probably spend the couple hundred bucks for the newer version when I can afford it because it'll make my job easier. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi is handy to have when on site troubleshooting a network. You can log into a wireless router from anywhere, update firmware, tweak settings, without running all over the place.

What pisses me off are people with technology they don't know how to use, or don't use at all. You see people walking around with fancy phones that do shit they'll never use. They do it for the status symbol, which is retarded. If I spend a lot of money on a piece of technology (which I often do), you better damn well believe I'll be using all of its features.

My one problem with people who talk on cell phones are the type of people who have loud, obviously private conversations in public. You know the type. "THAT LYING BASTARD!" "OH NO SHE DIDN'T! SHEEEAT, FO REAL?!" "Yeah, while you're on the way home, pick up some tampons for me. No, the other kind. Oh and grab some condoms too. Yeah. Her Pleasure."

That kinda shit bugs me to no end. I have no problem with hearing people talk to other people, but they also need to realize that they're in a public place.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2006-06-16, 07:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Hamma
PSU Admin

If you are in business on the road all the time a cellphone and a PDA (or both) are invaluble. 7 year olds on cell phones? nope. If I have kids they aren't touching a fucking cell phone until they are older. What really pisses me off are kids sitting in class on phones, they are taken away then the parent whines "wahh what if i need to get in touch with my son or daughter" here's a fucking novel concept: call the school. That's what they did back before cell phone's and it's still the way it should be done. We know where your son or daughter is at all times in the school and can get them just as quickly without you interupting the entire class with your frivolous phone call.

It is out of hand, but in moderation it's fine. Most people don't walk around with it fused to their ears. But on the flip side alot of people do - they can't fucking remove the thing from their head. That pisses me off to especially when I get cut off on the highway by some cock on the phone.

Just because some people are dickheads doesen't mean all of "Us people" can't live without cell phones

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2006-06-16, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

you people suck. all of you people.

im not talking about business people they are exempt from this rant. just everyone else. and you know it holds true.

and dear god if my roommate tries to show me one more shitty pointless picture that he took on his cellphone im going to fucking punch him in his liver.

oh yea and while im at it. fuck your stupid ass loud as hell ringtones. I don't need to hear your shitty music every time someone calls you to tell you that the lint trap in the dryer is full.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 2006-06-16 at 09:09 AM.
Old 2006-06-16, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Setari
General

I have a cell phone but, to be honest, I don't know why. I agree with the ringtones though. They piss me off.
Old 2006-06-16, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
xmodum
Colonel

I have one of the Walkie-talkie phones. Don't even have the Cell phone shit. I just use it if I need to talk to my Dad or brother. We all have one....only 1$ per day too, and that's if you use it for that day.

All this Cell phone shit is annyoing me though, I agree with OMA. I feel like stabbing my brother (6' 5" Red-headed skinny white-boy wigger) everytime I hear one of his ringtones. Annoying as fuck.

/rant off
Old 2006-06-16, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

If I didn't have a cell phone I'd never be able to call anyone.

My sister hogs up the land line somethign horrible. I also travel alot so it helps if someone needs me.

Anyway, I keep mine on vibrate 24/7 so it never interupts anything(I also got the free phone, though I'd get one of those that has a good cammera that takes quality pictures).

I think it's retarded kids have them on in school, always texting each other.

It's really funny to see kid conditioned to hold it under the table do so in places where it's OK to text.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2006-06-17, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Hamma
...It is out of hand, but in moderation it's fine. Most people don't walk around with it fused to their ears. But on the flip side alot of people do - they can't fucking remove the thing from their head. That pisses me off to especially when I get cut off on the highway by some cock on the phone.

Just because some people are dickheads doesen't mean all of "Us people" can't live without cell phones
Actually in New York state, it's illegal to talk on your cell phone while driving unless you have a hands-free set. You get a pretty nasty ticket if you get caught. Pretty most people out here have Bluetooth phones now with wireless headsets, or at least a wired headset. Those who don't learn to hide the phone real quick when a cop shows up in the rearview mirror.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge