Sup all? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If I wanted to hear from an ***hole, I'd fart
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-03, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Evahn
Private

Cool Sup all?

Heyaz, newb here... sorta. I'm one of the wierd freaks that actually studies a game in detail before playing it. Already got a couple character ideas in mind, made flash cards so I can remember the voice macros (didn't I tell you I'm wierd?), and could probably give advice to other newbs by this point lol. Anyways, thought I'd make a forum account here since this seems to a popular place for planetside stuff, plus you can't post on the official site until you actually have made a game account. I should be getting the game in a day or so.

Which reminds me... of all I've been seeing, I haven't actually seen anyone actually come out and say it, though I've seen things hinting towards it... are there no head shots in this game? That would seriously take some of the fun out of sniping. Besides, that means all that sniping practice I was doing on the UT2003 demo wouldn't be as effective (did you if you put enough comps in a map at once you can get "Holy Shit!" 3 times consecutively easy with the sniping gun? in case you didn't know "Holy Shit!" is the last in line going "Double Kill", "Multi Kill", "Mege Kill", "Ultra Kill", "Monster Kill", and "Ludicrous").

Anyways, I'll probably look into being a combat pilot, as well as learning how to pilot the Galaxy for some hotdrop fun. Also, as might be obvious, going for a sniper character, as well as a stealther. As for the grunt work... well, aside from being very good at making people waste all their ammo trying to hit me, I usually stink since I can never hit anything without taking time to aim. On FPS games I usually rate about a 30-40% accuracy . I'll probably go TR, mostly because they seem to be the ones with the least populace. The way I see it, just means more targets for me , and besides, since you can't ever really win, I'm just out to harass the enemy troops and have some fun killing people.

Last edited by Evahn; 2003-09-03 at 05:01 AM.
Old 2003-09-03, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Unfortunately there are no hit locations at all...

The reasons given are that it would slow it all down, good enough for me!

(I also miss head shots, but, sigh, whatcha gonna do)

But welcome, great game, don't bother with the OF just a bunch of whiners, better off here!

PAX
Old 2003-09-03, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

if you want a LOT of enimes join the vs they have the lowest pop, plus they unfornatlly have the best people runer over the magmower.
Old 2003-09-03, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
JLeeAZN
Sergeant

Welcome, hope you like planetside!

~JLeeAZN~
Old 2003-09-04, 07:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Welcome to the party. Uh, if you do join, join Emerald server as Vanu. We REALLY need more players.
Old 2003-09-04, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

welcome to PSU and PS

they cant put hit boxes in for lag reasons, it would create too much server work (exactly why we have client-side hit detection).
Old 2003-09-04, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

Welcome aboard.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-09-04, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Xxzard
Sergeant

Planetside is great i did the same thing, i bought the strategy guide and reasearched everything on it--- the first time they put on a patch it all the stats were out of date. Anyway join the TR on Emerald thats where i'm on
Old 2003-09-04, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
GeistX
Contributor
Corporal

Originally posted by Xxzard
Planetside is great i did the same thing, i bought the strategy guide and reasearched everything on it--- the first time they put on a patch it all the stats were out of date. Anyway join the TR on Emerald thats where i'm on
I bought the stratedgy guide too, but unforunately some of it is out of date (weapon damage, rates of fire, cert costs, etc.). Though the philosphy (i.e. how to be a good player and not a load on your empire) section is still very relavent and very informative.

Old 2003-09-04, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Head shots would be cool. With a sniper gun you should be able to kill a person outright with one shot to the head.... that would make it more interesting!!!!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion