Hardcore/Veteran servers? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will PlanetSide run on my Mac?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-24, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

Re: Hardcore/Veteran servers?

I kinda like such an elaborate hud, this is a sci-fi fps game set way in the future and if you think about how advanced military systems are currently, like the land warrior system (http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...y/news/4215725), then it kinda makes sense to have such a hud with a bunch of info.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

So essentially we're going to have a separate server for people who want to use a different UI Hardcore...
Old 2011-07-24, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Snow
Private

Were caps really necessary? On the internet no one can hear you scream.

I don't agree with the hardcore server mode but I can certainly get on board with minimising the HUD. This can be done easily too.
Firstly they can allow us to have a choice on what is displayed, eg; mini map, compass, squad info etc.
Secondly they can make any HUD layout flexible and the transparency of it adjustable.
Lastly they can incorporate ammo remaining into the gun ala Halo

I just ask that they don't go along the lines of CoD and change health to blood splatters on the screen.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
LostSoul

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the HUD, PS has one of the best huds which I've seen. It is small, toggleble and has all the information on it which you need.

As others have mentioned there is no need to alienate players from one specific server. We play Planetside for massive battles, not some elitisch hit and run bullshit where we have to "fear" for our progression - in the end it'll end up low populated server with small skirmishes.
Old 2011-07-24, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Were caps really necessary? On the internet no one can hear you scream.

I don't agree with the hardcore server mode but I can certainly get on board with minimising the HUD. This can be done easily too.
Firstly they can allow us to have a choice on what is displayed, eg; mini map, compass, squad info etc.
Secondly they can make any HUD layout flexible and the transparency of it adjustable.
Lastly they can incorporate ammo remaining into the gun ala Halo

I just ask that they don't go along the lines of CoD and change health to blood splatters on the screen.
Higby thinks blood splatter screen looks ridiculous.