:g roovy:
Old 2011-12-14, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: planetside podcast 5

Nice podcast, guys, keep it up...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2011-12-14, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Higby mentioned there might be multiple moons. I'd like to see the moon phases on the global map and maybe a shadow showing the day/night cycle and it's movement.

Lib picture showed 3 seats, then they said it was 2 seater. It's probably under revision.

"Keep it on the LD" Heh, heh, heh.

No, there's regening shields not regening HP. It's like boarderlands, an HP and shield system rather than armor.

The thing that marks people on the map is an UAV.

I'm against killstreaks in PS2 as it discourages dying/encourages killing and we have enough of that as is. Some of us want to play cloakers.
Old 2011-12-15, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Gazeebo
Private

"I'm against killstreaks in PS2 as it discourages dying/encourages killing and we have enough of that as is. Some of us want to play cloakers."

I did not even think about this and I see your point. Would you be ok with a server wide leader-board though that included a tab for kill deaths and such for cloakers specifically?

And if your going to respond, enemy nameplates... For or Against?
Old 2011-12-15, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Server wide leader boards have already been confirmed I think. Though I think you shouldn't be able to find out who's died the most as that'd be kind of embarrassing. I know Blizzard does seasons with SCII and TF2 does similar things with duels. I wouldn't mind seeing the main leader boards reset every couple of months and then have an "of all time" stat list.

Nameplates will probably be handled similar to BF. That being you need to hold your reticle over someone for their name to show so it's pretty much just as you described it. A down side to this is that it's going to be much harder finding out who's in a clan or not. Nothing's been confirmed yet though.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SniperSteve
First Lieutenant

Referring to the thing with multiple moons: I wonder if at certain times it will be like 100% black out, where you have to go with flashlights/headlights only. That would make for a really interesting battle experience. (It would have to be a rather rare event, as it would get annoying if it happened too often.) But on the same hand, that would be one of the most exciting/scariest sneak attacks/sabotage missions ever.
Old 2011-12-15, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

They did mention that there would be times when the moons would not provide light. Multiple moons just means that they can play with how much light there is and... wait. 2 Full moons would mean that we'd see what happens when you have two light sources in the sky and the shadows and effects there of... That's going to look awesome.
Old 2011-12-16, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
GuvNuh
Corporal

3:40 the word you are looking for is corona i believe.

I'm also curious to get some more info and see some action shots of the new liberator. I was never a flyer, but got a lot of AirCav buddies, and libs were always a reassuring sight.

Last edited by GuvNuh; 2011-12-16 at 11:09 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Advertisements