Tour de Auraxis - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stupidity should be very painful!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-19, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mr Underbeard
Private

Tour de Auraxis

We should have a giant race across all the continents of Auraxis. Around the entire perimeter of a continent would constitute one lap. You can race in whatever ground vehicle you want, but there is no shooting. Otherwise it would just turn into a blood bath.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

Re: Tour de Auraxis

I agree. It'd be kind of neat to see everyone racing across Araxius.

Also, isn't that Planetside 2 IS? A giant bloodbath?
Old 2012-07-19, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MockZero2
Private

Ya first thing I am doing when I get into this game wont be driving laps around a massive continents I promise you that!

Most likely it will be seeing you on some ATV somewhere and me testing out my reaver on ya :P MUWHAHAHAHA

But hey, do what ya do as long as you enjoy it......
Old 2012-07-19, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mr Underbeard
Private

Originally Posted by MockZero2 View Post
Ya first thing I am doing when I get into this game wont be driving laps around a massive continents I promise you that!

Most likely it will be seeing you on some ATV somewhere and me testing out my reaver on ya :P MUWHAHAHAHA

But hey, do what ya do as long as you enjoy it......
Lol well I agree this is not my first priority either. I just happened to think about it at work and imagined an epic race. Whether it happens or not, I could care less lol. Just a random thought.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Xyntech
Brigadier General

This is the #1 reason why they need to bring back the ANT.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Airanuva
Private

I'd likely be doing this to get my barrings with the Scythe. I'm planning to main the ship, so I need to learn how to fly it properly. What better way that to fly around the continent, sometimes dropping off to assault bases at the back of enemy lines. ^^
Old 2012-07-19, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Let me know when the event starts so I can kill all of you.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-07-19, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Shadowrath
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I can't wait to get my Exploration merit 8)

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.
Old 2012-07-20, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

I personally think this idea is badass. I would love for a game like Planetside 2 to have a weekend every other month where Auraxis turns into an arena betting-ground. Players can bet on- or partake in anything from smaller (10v10) arenas to 100+v100+ outfit tournaments, and rather than blending the game-modes together (which is the standard in Planetside 2 - and it's great) these could consist of straight up CTF, KOTH, DOM etc, to make it seem like it's purely designed to entertain the audience. This could also be cross-server, so that all the clans within a given region (NA, EU,..) would be able to play together. This would also be special because in an arena setting, people from the same faction might end up going head-to-head.

But the main event should be something like Tour de Auraxis, with all the arena stuff being secondary. Like all the stalls around a circus. I think that if SOE does something along these lines, it needs to be deep - not just some player-organized thing, which inevitably gets ruined by another group of players. The perimeters of the tracks need to be enforced and the vehicle type limited to ATVs. There need to be the no-consequence, no-cost practice races for ATVs, 50-man short races, and then finally qualification races taking place on a single continent, where teams of 10 race against another 19 ATV teams. And then there's a main tour. 50 teams of 10 players racing across all continents.

500 points are at stake per continent. Winner gets 500, second place 499, third place 498 etc. The perimeter will be enforced with 10 second out-of-bounds, if you don't get back on track in time, you're disqualified from that race (not the tour). If you jump off your bike, you are disqualified. If you die; you're dead, but if 10 people have been disqualified or have died before you, you get 11 points. No weapons are allowed on the ATVs, but the ATVs have a nanite-repair system to add a tactical layer to it: do I brawl for the best line, or do I hang back and regenerate? And of course your team of ten can be strategic about it too.

So yeah, with all these idea that just popped into my head, you can see why I really like your idea.
Old 2012-07-20, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

I would love to see everyone racing around in their flash, it could be pretty cool.
Old 2012-07-20, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
Let me know when the event starts so I can kill all of you.
The best part of racing on Auraxis is the threat of being blown up by enemy forces at any moment.

What other game allows you to have a race which runs through a live battlefield with hundreds of enemies controlled by real players who aren't specifically out to attack the race course, but may decide to at any moment?

So by all means, come be an obstacle in the course
Old 2012-07-20, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
What other game allows you to have a race which runs through a live battlefield with hundreds of enemies controlled by real players who aren't specifically out to attack the race course, but may decide to at any moment?
I can think of a few neighborhoods in my town.....
Old 2012-07-20, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Canadian Vanu
Corporal

I want to see an aircraft race.

Point a to point b to point c to point d.

Shooting each other is permitted
Old 2012-07-20, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
I can think of a few neighborhoods in my town.....
That game has amazing graphics. But the respawn system leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 2012-07-20, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
That game has amazing graphics. But the respawn system leaves a lot to be desired.
Player base is terrible too. I wish they'd wipe the servers.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion