Is Planetside 2 ever going to have as much Content as Planetside 1? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where's the HART Pilot cert?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-29, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Is Planetside 2 ever going to have as much Content as Planetside 1?

When Planetside 2 first Launched, I was kind of dispointed with the lack of content.

I mean it only launched with 3 continents,very few vehicles, and just lacked small things like VR, and even super small things like a lot of unique music for everything like in Planetside 1.

Still I understood that they probably need $ bad since beta only took around 3-4 months.

However I was expecting a lot of big updates adding content like a lot of new continents and vehicles.

I mean Hossin, is on the unknown list on when is suppose to Launch...Nevermind is suppose to Launch in September, that is still 1 continent per year.

If it Launches this year, thats going to be 1 Continent per year.....I mean SRSLY? Thats a horrible rate IMO.

Not to mention the fact that they only added 1 vehicle so far.

With the declining of the player base, I just don't see them wasting resources on adding new continents/other big content 3 years from now.

I mean right now, at the point of the game being A couple of months old, they arn't really adding content.......They will be less motivated when they arn't enough customers.

I guess it will never reach the content of Planetside 1 sadly.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2013-05-29 at 06:40 AM.
Old 2013-05-29, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Is Planetside 2 ever going to have as much Content as Planetside 1?

I honestly think that new content is the last thing they need to work on right now. They should just keep polishing the content they already have.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-30, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Selerox
Sergeant

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
I honestly think that new content is the last thing they need to work on right now. They should just keep polishing the content they already have.
Exactly. Fix -> Improve -> Add.
Old 2013-05-29, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
HiroshiChugi
Captain

They do need to polish current content, yes; but they also need to work on adding the new vehicles and the new continents. No more guns, no more camos. no helmets, and no more weapons. New vehicles and new continents! The more more they have out, the better.
Old 2013-05-29, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Hossin is the king pin for me. Every day it isn't out is a day I'm considering chargebacking my SC purchases.

Old 2013-05-29, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Hossin is the king pin for me. Every day it isn't out is a day I'm considering chargebacking my SC purchases.
Good luck with that. People who threaten this make me laugh. Did you not receive the item you purchased? Did you not receive the SC you purchased? I'm probably going to say yes you did receive them. You have no case to substantiate this action as needed to chargeback as you say you might. Idle threats.

Last edited by GraniteRok; 2013-05-29 at 11:31 PM.
Old 2013-05-30, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by GraniteRok View Post
Good luck with that. People who threaten this make me laugh. Did you not receive the item you purchased? Did you not receive the SC you purchased? I'm probably going to say yes you did receive them. You have no case to substantiate this action as needed to chargeback as you say you might. Idle threats.
It isn't a threat. It's sharing a perspective. Your own opinion on it means nothing.

Old 2013-05-30, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

It isn't a threat. It's sharing a perspective. Your own opinion on it means nothing.
Then let me share this. There is such a thing as fraudulent and illegal chargebacks. Unless there's a very, very good reason* to perform a chargeback I would advice against it. In this case SOE would take actions against you, like ban your SOE account.
Don't abuse chargebacks, they are there as a consumer protection option.

*Something along the lines of falling for blatantly false advertisement, a game not working, having been promised a refund without getting it etc.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-05-30 at 06:58 AM.
Old 2013-05-30, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

As does yours. Go ahead, charge them back. Can't wait to hear about the legal and credit ramifications cryfest you go through after you do.
Old 2013-05-30, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by HiroshiChugi View Post
They do need to polish current content, yes; but they also need to work on adding the new vehicles and the new continents. No more guns, no more camos. no helmets, and no more weapons. New vehicles and new continents! The more more they have out, the better.
This has probably already been pointed out.. but the camo and the continent people are different by my understanding.

Someone who makes Camo might not be that good at base building, so stopping the development of one thing, unrelated to another thing, isn't going to do... anything.
Old 2013-05-29, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Since when is having more music a super small thing?
You also don't know that we will only be seeing one continent per year. Just because we might not be seeing other continents added in this year, except for Hossin. Doesn't mean that, that is going to be the norm.

Will PS2 ever exeed PS1 in the amount of content? Well first off I would claim that quality beats quantity, which is what I think they should be focusing on more at this point. Secondly, yes it probably will given enough time.
Adding in new vehicles isn't going to be that easy though, seeing as they made the ones we have now so versatile in nature.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-29, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sunrock
Major

A new online game will always have less content then a 10 year old one. There is no sane person in the world that would release a new game with 10+ years of content. You can never justify that on any economical point of view. If any one tried they would have to file for bankruptcy the day after.

Having that sad I think the devs focus too mush of "fixing" things after they release a new game rather then concentrate on putting in new stuff.
Old 2013-05-29, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
A new online game will always have less content then a 10 year old one. There is no sane person in the world that would release a new game with 10+ years of content. You can never justify that on any economical point of view. If any one tried they would have to file for bankruptcy the day after.

Having that sad I think the devs focus too mush of "fixing" things after they release a new game rather then concentrate on putting in new stuff.
Except Sunrock, Planetside 1 launched with 10 continents and within a year had another 7 caves added and was essentially finished.

The key difference is that PS1 had much longer in gestation than PS2. PS2 seems to have had around 2 years including the PS Next phase, which was afaik a brainstorming and scoping phase.

When ps2 launched SOE said they had a 3 year development schedule mapped out (loosly mapped out). I was encouraged by this but I didn't realised they meant that the main game was unfinished.

I too worry about additional continents and whether the expense will be justified, but the glacial pace of new continent creation is my major worry. How many years will it take to get to 10?

(5 continents will be necessary for grand warfare, 7 would be better but 9-10 with 6 home continents and 3-4 as borderlands would be ideal)
Old 2013-05-30, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
I too worry about additional continents and whether the expense will be justified, but the glacial pace of new continent creation is my major worry. How many years will it take to get to 10?

(5 continents will be necessary for grand warfare, 7 would be better but 9-10 with 6 home continents and 3-4 as borderlands would be ideal)
At the current rate and factoring in the natural decline of income... never.

I estimate they will finish at 6 continents in 3 years time and that will be very disappointing.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-05-30, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Levente
First Sergeant

HOssin in september? what the fuck, seriously? xd
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion