Planetside Cheaters - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where New Jersey is banned.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-01-01, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Re: Planetside Cheaters

This is fucking stupid. Bad player is bad, and mad. Cheaters exist(ed) in PS1, but most were either obvious or terrible. You got beat by CSHD and you're assuming it's cheating, I can guarantee this for 99% of your claims. Shut the fuck up and go away.
Old 2012-01-01, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
This is fucking stupid. Bad player is bad, and mad. Cheaters exist(ed) in PS1, but most were either obvious or terrible. You got beat by CSHD and you're assuming it's cheating, I can guarantee this for 99% of your claims. Shut the fuck up and go away.
Going to have to agree with Shock here.

Making claims before posting actual evidence is dumb.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-01-01, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
pscheaters
Private

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Heh you see any GM post evidence before banning? Go away. I've got the evidence and I will reveal it when I am happy enough that I've rounded up a good portion of you guys.

Do not pretend to be good legitimate players and think if you can get away with it, then it is ok.

Last edited by pscheaters; 2012-01-01 at 08:48 PM.
Old 2012-01-01, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
pscheaters
Private

Wow. Just found this ...

http://www.trxclan.com/forums/index....59b5f864915896

Ok yea ... TRx's own list of confirmed and wait a minute ... unconfirmed cheaters ?!?! Maybe you may want to consider making this TRx forum post non-public or break the link?

Hypocrit. Time to start choking on your own big fat [insert whatever you like here because I dont really care].

And you got me wrong there again ... I did not set out to get TRx banned. Having only resubbed less than a fortnight ago, I am totally unaware of TRx's reputation or in-game politics until 5 minutes ago (love Google).

Post-edit: Flames aside, to be fair, though there are many reports on the web, I do not believe the evidence until I see it for myself. I would NOT go so far as to brand the entire TRx clan as cheaters. My view is that they are in fact a bunch of very good gamers who take their pastime quite seriously but are unfortunately tarnished by a few bad apples.

Last edited by pscheaters; 2012-01-01 at 10:12 PM.
Old 2012-01-01, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by pscheaters View Post
Wow. Just found this ...

http://www.trxclan.com/forums/index....59b5f864915896

Ok yea ... TRx's own list of confirmed and wait a minute ... unconfirmed cheaters ?!?!

Hypocrit. Time to start choking on your own big fat [insert whatever you like here because I dont really care].

And you got me wrong there again ... I did not set out to get TRx banned. Having only resubbed less than a fortnight ago, I am totally unaware of TRx's reputation or in-game politics until 5 minutes ago (love Google).
Forgot I even had that. Thought it was lost since I was under the impression the forums/website would go permanently down, apparently it came back up recently, thanks for letting me know.

I moved the document to a google document before hand.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

I removed the unconfirmed cheaters list for 1 particular reason, that being that if I want to catch a cheater, seems like a bad idea to have a public resource available with a players name (with that being said, I may as well remove that unconfirmed list while I remember).

Hypocrite? No, someone who's giving advice over past mistakes? Yes.

As for not caring, you took the time to google an outfit over a matter which you "don't care about" as you say. Sure you don't care. I still believe in Santa. ./end sarcasm

I only assumed you were talking about us for the simple "rounding you guys up" in a response to me, which implies clearly more then you meant in this case. Not that it matters with TRx being a dead outfit. I also apologize for the misunderstanding.

Last edited by Effective; 2012-01-01 at 10:25 PM.
Old 2012-01-01, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
pscheaters
Private

Originally Posted by ShockFC View Post
Cheaters exist(ed) in PS1, but most were either obvious or terrible.
Heh I've had K/D as high as 50:1 to 100:1 legitimately. But your point is, if people are using cheats in a not very obvious way, then its ok? I disagree.

Having finally checked out and researched what the cheats do, even designers of cheats these days are clever enough to make their cheats non-obvious (15% ROF and no COF bloom?) and resilient to abuse (e.g. teleport timer?).

But the point is, it is detectable if you know what to look for. And coding counters to injection methods of cheating is the perfect intellectual challenge that I've been looking for.
Old 2012-01-01, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Heh I've had K/D as high as 50:1 to 100:1 legitimately. But your point is, if people are using cheats in a not very obvious way, then its ok? I disagree.

Having finally checked out and researched what the cheats do, even designers of cheats these days are clever enough to make their cheats non-obvious (15% ROF and no COF bloom?) and resilient to abuse (e.g. teleport timer?).

But the point is, it is detectable if you know what to look for. And coding counters to injection methods of cheating is the perfect intellectual challenge that I've been looking for.
K/D is not a good way to determine if a player is good or bad.

Determining if someone is a cheater is completely different, for example, a not obvious cheat is a 10% increase on rof, and a slightly decreased COF, to just give a little advantage. There really isn't a way to determine if someone might be cheating. Due to the was CSHD works, time no longer becomes a value that can be trusted in determining these cheaters.

That being said, cheats like Radar hacks, no reload, infinite afterburn are easy to notice and record (as I have done before in the past). It's much easier to show this to people, as these have reliable values that can be tested against.

Heh you see any GM post evidence before banning? Go away. I've got the evidence and I will reveal it when I am happy enough that I've rounded up a good portion of you guys.

Do not pretend to be good legitimate players and think if you can get away with it, then it is ok.

Also, no GM's don't post evidence, which I believe is dumb. I do, when making claims that someone might be cheating, I've done this multiple times already. For example

By "rounding you guys up" I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) you mean members of TRx and other cheaters. We (TRx) don't condone cheaters, at all. That alongside the fact that very few TRx play planetside now, the chances of you recording (and getting an actually decent recording that just isn't some gimmick in CSHD) anyone I haven't recorded already close to none.

You don't have any evidence. Period.

Last edited by Effective; 2012-01-01 at 08:55 PM.
Old 2012-01-01, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
pscheaters
Private

K/D is not a good way to determine if a player is good or bad.
Agreed. I had to resort to lame high K/D and survivability techniques like low population farming, constant spawn-camping and carmageddon (before the nerf) to get this. But the point is, I have been around long enough to know what I am talking about ...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion