Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 22 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where all bras are off!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-20, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #316
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info
Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
- Daily certs for members. They are paying a monthly fee but still are required to log in every day to get their daily bonus. Why not giving them a little extra, like three or seven days of time where they do not need to log in.
Boy i would love this. Even 3 days would be a massive improvement!

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might
Old 2013-05-20, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #317
Obstruction
First Sergeant

i didn't read 22 pages of this thread but my main quality of life issue has got to be "things that don't render until you are 10m away and you are going 250kph"

in other words, nerf trees, nerf ammo towers. for the love of all that is holy.
Old 2013-05-20, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #318
Dragon4ly
Contributor
Private

Implementing as re-certification option as soon as possible. As a PS1 veteran since initial launch I can vouch that this was available, not abused, and greatly appreciated.
Old 2013-05-20, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #319
Gwyn
Private

Post Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Originally Posted by Higby View Post

By quality of life I just mean things that make the game better but aren't necessarily broken right now, for example the, "quick camo" we added to the loadout screen would be a quality of life enhancement.

A few things:

1. The glitch for the Solstice SF with the under barrel grenade launcher, I keep getting the glitch that does not allow me to refill my 2 rounds, after I have used them, when I am using a friendly ammo pack or refilling at a friendly terminal or friendly sundy. Please fix, so annoying!

2. Home Warpgate spawning aircraft: Immediately after spawning a Scythe or Liberator you are flipped upside down on the ground on your back and end up not being able to flip right side up again and you lose the vehicle you spawned, wasting precious air resources. Not only that you have to wait the whole timer on the vehicle to reset before spawning another one. Please FIX!!!!!!!!

3. Sundy glitch: I own the Sundy, hop in to reset timer then hop into gun seat 2 (F2) and I get a notification asking me if I want to switch seats with myself.

4. Home Warpgate: Frequently, I log in and spawn in my own warpgate and the next thing I hear is get out of here (your too close to enemy spawn room) message blaring at me, yet I am sitting in my own warpgate!

That is all the bugs and "quality of life" issues I can think of on the top of my head.

~Gwyn07

Old 2013-05-20, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #320
Redshift
Major

Oh i have another one,

If you set custom colours for doritos etc they aren't able to be set per server, i.e i want friendlies green, enemies to be pink and red, when i log on a vs char my friendlies are pink and half my enemies are green.
Old 2013-05-20, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #321
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

I remembered another really big QoL change that I'd like to see -- consistent keybind options for utility items! So often I fumble around for a medkit in a moment of panic when switching between a class I usually play and one that has it bound to a different slot. I often play Infil and LA, which alone have two different medkit binds, then if I'm an engineer I have yet a third unique bind for it. Would really love to see the ability to bind "Utility" slot by itself, or something along those lines!

Old 2013-05-20, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #322
camycamera
Major

Originally Posted by SadlyJack View Post
[VGS] extensive voice commands

Enhances immersion, increases team co-ordination and co-operation. Plus they're very entertaining.

A lot of PC Gamers are shy guys, let them communicate in a way they feel safe doing.

It's not their fault for the most part, a part of growing up with FPS shooters was learning that if anyone ever dared use their microphone on a game server they'd immediately be met with a barrage of "STFU STFU STFU"

The thing about voice macros is they usually help build the confidence of beaten down, shy gamers through constant, easy, complex communication with their counterparts.
A player is much more likely to reach out and talk to another player after a trust building gameplay session using voice macros to co-operate with each other.
lol, Tribes Ascend VGS: "Shazbot!"

anyway, remove the ammo pack from the utility slot for engineer. it is retarded since you could just switch to the turret and press b. also, removing the ammo pack from engineer would make the class nearly useless than it is now. its role needs to be more defined, so leave the utility slot for health, tankmines, etc, just leave the ammo box alone!
Old 2013-05-21, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #323
PsychoXR-20
Staff Sergeant

Something else I thought of. Why doesn't every gun have every attachment? Why doesn't the Gauss Rifle have access to soft point munition, or high velocity? Why doesn't the GD-22S have access to a compensator?
Old 2013-05-21, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #324
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
lol, Tribes Ascend VGS: "Shazbot!"
[VGQ] Quiet!
Old 2013-05-21, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #325
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by PsychoXR-20 View Post
Something else I thought of. Why doesn't every gun have every attachment? Why doesn't the Gauss Rifle have access to soft point munition, or high velocity? Why doesn't the GD-22S have access to a compensator?
Balancing, obviously.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-21, 03:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #326
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Instead of a drop down menu for loadouts, turn it into 3 buttons we can press that selects the loadout, and resupplies.
THIS, but i would say in addition not instead of.
Old 2013-05-21, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #327
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
THIS, but i would say in addition not instead of.
the terminals also need a faster response time. most of the time i run up to a terminal and press e nothing happens. i have to wait until the game notices that i am standing in front of a terminal and bring up the "press e" dialog.

in ps1 i could change to any loadout in a millisecond. in ps2 the whole process takes several seconds. and don´t even ask how long it takes to change loadouts manually.
the layout of the loadout and menu screens has improved since launch, but it is still too complicated and too spread out. changing the most common things should not include mousing all over the screen to hit buttons that are spread too much. keep all buttons we need to change weapons and attatchments close to each other. like returning to loadout from attatchment menu. why is the "previous" button so far away?
is there no way to make a working shortcut of attatchment dropdowns directly on the weapon?
like click on weapon directly in loadoutscreen, get a dropdown with /optics/rail/camo that opens another dropdown with your available certs in the category where the actual attatchment is highlighted and you could just click to change to something else. leaving the dropdown mouseover brings down the dropdown. no need to look for a "previous" button and another menu screen.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-21, 06:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #328
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Quality of life issues:

(1)Binding your spawn point to your S-AMS.

(2)No simple UI indicator of CE used.

Ill add more as they occur to me.

Old 2013-05-21, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #329
DarkBalths
Corporal

Turret stabilization:
Old 2013-05-21, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #330
Kerrec
Master Sergeant

My 2 issues:

Underbarrel attachment screw up the weapon sequence. What I mean is, I'm used to hitting the "3" key to get the repair tool or the revive gun. When I equip a weapon with an underbarrel, I end up shooting friends with pistols. This is irritating to no end. Either:

1) give me the ability to assign my own weapon key bindings, or
2) place the underbarrel as weapon slot 4, not 2.

The other thing is grenades. They bounce like rubber super balls. I can practice getting a grenade on target when the target is far away. But if I want to lob a grenade into a room, I'm S.O.L. I've had cases where I threw into a doorway, it hit the wall inside the room and bounced back out.

Please, take a hand size rock. Throw it against a solid wall. See how far it bounces. Once you've analyzed the physics, then please fix to make either:

1) a secondary throwing option to just lob short range, or
2) make the grenades a lot less bouncy (in the vertical). The ground is rock or dirt, not rubber!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion