Any word on Buggies? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Racist?! I watch Oprah Winfrey every day!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-04-21, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Re: Any word on Buggies?

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
I disagree with you. I think buggies were one of the most fun vehicles in PS1 and offered a fast-paced action gameplay which I loved.
e.g.: hit-and-run, traps, harass, AV-bails, 1-min respawn time limit (basically no penalty for a suicide run), etc...

There was plenty of fun to be had ! Buggies were not meant to be played like a tank.

Of course, maybe it's because we had the thresher and that thing was awesome. The phoenix was also quite good with its strong armor, one-hit-kill gun and high top speed (terrible reverse speed, though).
I used Marauders to kill tanks often. Threashers were great anti-infantry vehicles when you knew how to maneuver them around. Most fun I had was zipping around a group of infantry and breaking directly behind them giving my gunner a target rich environment, then turning and taking off the second they realized I was behind them (after 2 or 3 kills). I often ran into a grunt or two just speeding away for the fun of it.

I especially see buggies as being customizable with greater speed or heavier armor as well as customizable weapons. A heavier buggy with an AV load out could be a very effective tank killer while a faster moving one with AA or AI load out would provide great infantry support.

That was the one thing that buggies were good at, infantry support. They could be spawned anywhere with no tech requirements and were easily capable of scouting and backing up troops on the ground. This is a role that shouldn't be over looked.

Last edited by Blackwolf; 2012-04-21 at 10:17 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion