ProSiebenSat.1 - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Safe from spawncamping.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-17, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #211
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Re: ProSiebenSat.1

Originally Posted by Joe View Post
At least SOE and Pro7 can see how strongly we feel about this looking at the response in this thread
True but do they care? That's the big question.
Old 2012-07-17, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #212
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I beg they dont even know this Thread XD
Old 2012-07-17, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #213
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
True but do they care? That's the big question.
We know for a fact that SOE cares... the problem is that we don't know if Pro7 does. One can only hope that SOE didn't completely "sell us out", and put up certain.. "demands" regarding how the game and it's users are treated in the EU.

Originally Posted by Rago View Post
I beg they dont even know this Thread XD
They know... RadarX is here posting, and is doing a great job with it... so they know. :P
Old 2012-07-17, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #214
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
We know for a fact that SOE cares... the problem is that we don't know if Pro7 does. One can only hope that SOE didn't completely "sell us out", and put up certain.. "demands" regarding how the game and it's users are treated in the EU.

They know... RadarX is here posting, and is doing a great job with it... so they know. :P
Tbh I already feel sold out as is it not SOE that we will be dealing with for this game. Still don't see why SOE did this with an unknown company with a low track record and little to know mmo experience. I'll never understand corporate bs lol. We will see how it all unfolds. If it fails SOE will get a bad rep In the EU I recon.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #215
IronMole
Sergeant Major

One word... Money.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #216
exoteror
Corporal

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
Tbh I already feel sold out as is it not SOE that we will be dealing with for this game. Still don't see why SOE did this with an unknown company with a low track record and little to know mmo experience. I'll never understand corporate bs lol. We will see how it all unfolds. If it fails SOE will get a bad rep In the EU I recon.
I belive they don't have the infrastructure to cope with EU laws and provideing the customer service that the game requires.

I don't know have they have provided it in the past possibly from another vendor like pro7 just we never knew the name. I think pro7 possibly is one of the few that can provide the size of the community but pro7 have maybe demanded their name to be known.

I just hope they keep away from pay 2 win.
Old 2012-07-18, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #217
haywire
Private

Just when I was looking forward to PS2 this raises its head again??
I thought this was all done with :/
Old 2012-07-18, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #218
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Thank God I was born in the USA. Me and Bruce Springsteen will be playing on SOE servers.
With me, and Mirror and S0D, Mohawk, Discomfit, Kanya and all the other Euro players who enjoy kicking US ass on SOE's servers.
Old 2012-07-18, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #219
julfo
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
With me, and Mirror and S0D, Mohawk, Discomfit, Kanya and all the other Euro players who enjoy kicking US ass on SOE's servers.
And me! Not touching some unknown German media company.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #220
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by julfo View Post
And me! Not touching some unknown German media company.
Pro7 is not "so unknown" At Least the have different TV channels and show in Germany

I dont see any Problem in playing on Both.
Old 2012-07-18, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #221
BNuts
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Misc Info

Here is a re-cap for all of you who can't read 16 pages of gripe;

http://forums.station.sony.com/stati...id=11500046137
Taken from the above link;
To our European customers,

We wanted to let you know that SOE will no longer be selling pre-paid game cards in Europe as of 07/20/12.

As we begin to transition our games to our European partner, ProSiebenSat.1 Games, customers will be able to take advantage of new methods of payment including pre-paid options, such as PaySafe, via their new ProSiebenSat.1 accounts.

IMPORTANT: For the few European customers who have already purchased an SOE pre-paid game card but have not yet redeemed it, please visit www.soe.com/gamecards now to redeem it! You must redeem any existing SOE pre-paid game cards before 07/23/12. If you experience any problems with your game card redemption, please contact SOE customer service at www.soe.com/support for assistance. Don't forget to mark your calendars for July 23rd 2012 and redeem your SOE pre-paid game cards before then!

Thank you for your continued support!
Sony Online Entertainment

So SOE and PS7 will have different methods of accepting player payment.

http://forums.station.sony.com/stati...id=11500041081

The SOE Pro7 FAQ link

---;
Can players continue to use Station Cash?

European players will be able to use a new virtual currency similar to Station Cash.
----------

this -is- happening, and I say for all of us in the EU to take a step back and relax while Pro7 gets a handle on things. The SOE / Pro7 Rep is active on these boards, and I think you will see a lot of support from the local Pro7 community once it begins to spool the SOE partnership up.

Lets hope the toast doesn't land butter-side-down, and make the best of this transition.

Overthrown / BNuts - PS1

Last edited by BNuts; 2012-07-18 at 02:18 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #222
ThGlump
Captain

Damn does that mean that account transfers are only week away? Could it mean that we will need Pro7 account even for beta? (it was said there will be EU beta servers soon). Now i hope i wont be picked into beta as it would be waste of key and someone else could use that, as i wont be able to play it without account.
Old 2012-07-18, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #223
BNuts
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Misc Info

Smed said that they ae getting the EU servers up as we speak. EU guys look for beta invites soon?

I am in a pickle though.. I live primarily in the US, but at the moment I am in Germany. I wonder if I too will have to go Pro7 for the duration of my EU stay since I have a Germany IP address..

FML if that is the case, because I still get paid in US Dollars.. Buying anything in-game related will suck..

Answers to follow with Basti and I plus a few others going to GamesCON next month to ask allot of these questions regarding EU PS2 and Pro7vthat are yet unanswered. I'll video the interview if they are cool with it.

Overthrown / BNuts - PS1

Old 2012-07-18, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #224
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

Hmm I wonder why continental Europeans would get paranoid about having their personal information sold out to a giant German media empire?
Old 2012-07-18, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #225
BNuts
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by TheBladeRoden View Post
Hmm I wonder why continental Europeans would get paranoid about having their personal information sold out to a giant German media empire?

Overthrown / BNuts - PS1

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion