I miss Beta. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Best lil whorehouse on the web
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-05, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MilitantB0B
Colonel

I miss Beta.

Am I the only one around here that misses beta? I miss the simpler times when chainguns owned all and the "jokehammer" was a very scarce animal. I miss all of the speculation before the NDA lifted. I miss the daily patches and friendly devs. I miss the low lag, underpopulated servers. But most of all, I miss this little guy:

Please, bring back beta.
Old 2003-08-05, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

the more sarcastic side of me is saying 'bring back? it never left!'
Old 2003-08-05, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by SumYungGui
the more sarcastic side of me is saying 'bring back? it never left!'
The people who say, "We are paying for beta!!!" must have never played beta. Beta was much more fun.

Old 2003-08-05, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

agreed, prerelease owned.
Old 2003-08-05, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Beta rocked. XP flowed like wine and the players flocked like the salmon of Capistrano.

Best part about beta, two words:

ANT BOMBS
Old 2003-08-05, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Indeed. I mainly just miss the times when the devs listened real close to what the community had to say and you could see what you had posted just the day before going into next days patch. Now it seems like the devs aren't listening as much. They just need to secretly move over to PSU and leave the OF as the festering pile of idiots it is now.
Old 2003-08-05, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

"agreed, prerelease owned." When the servers were actually online
Old 2003-08-05, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Everay
Major General

i remember those days, i remember the first day i got my cds and i installed the game and patched it all, the servers went down, good times, then the PS beta fourms, Open VS closed Closed saying WE WANT OUR EMAILS, while at the same time saying STFU open, and Open saying WE WANT BETA! and STFU Closed, if we cant want beta then YOU cant want Email BITCH! ahhhh good times

With the Devs laughing at all of us, thinking HA and we get to play this game anytime we want, with our badass computers, and we wont have to pay after retail and blah blah blah
Old 2003-08-05, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ghost06
First Sergeant

And I want back my Italian super-model mistress that I never had, but you don't see me getting that, do ya?

JK, I bet beta was fun :-p

This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for killing, this is for fun.
Old 2003-08-05, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Best part about beta, two words:

ANT BOMBS
Ha, yeah, I remember this. People kept going on and on about how ANT bombs would rock. Oh yeah, they really do rock don't they.
Old 2003-08-05, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Slice
Sergeant

God I loved beta. Good players, there weren't any n00bs at all. (hard to believe isnt it) And all the galaxies! You never had to ask for a ride, there were always at least two or three galaxies around. And the strategy! You had to know how to ice maxes, cause the TR maxes owned. And the heavy assault....best of all: BETA WAS FREE!!!!!!!!! <---back
Old 2003-08-05, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

LOL and I didn't want to do beta because I wanted all of the bugs out and new features when I bought it, sounds like beta may have been better then the game is now. The game now seems almost like a beta itself, still trying to fix everything. Oh well, if only the devs would listen more, and listen only PSU. The OF are just full of idiots who don't know what they're talking about (not everyone but alot of people, I've read alot of what they've been talking about when I first got the game). Hmm maybe the new guy will be able to help things out a bit. Or they could get rid of everyone and hire new people, new people would most likly be more attentive but sony would have to make sure that these people have played the game or otherwise they may mess it up. Oh well that's not going to happen and it would be bad for the PS staff, putting them out of a job. Oh well

Old 2003-08-05, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Zodiac
Colonel

Originally posted by MilitantB0B
The people who say, "We are paying for beta!!!" must have never played beta. Beta was much more fun.

odd that this came up, just today i shouted on the XoO site about how bad i miss beta

remember the battles on cyssor? the bridges? the hot spots?

those were the times...sigh
Old 2003-08-05, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
r3d
Banned

I remember just looking at the ad in my PC gamer for like an hour straight, wanting to get in beta SO much. Then when I finnaly got the email from SOE I like went insane. It was like the most happy time of my life I wanted it so bad, the funny thing is, I ended up getting in beta three times
Old 2003-08-05, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Everay
Major General

you evil son of a bizntich! you know how many people wanted in beta? well me neither, but i know it was alot, you better have givin those Cds away, just like i gave all 3 of my SWG cd keys away, i had like 4
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion