Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If the NC had a PR Guy, it would be ALF
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-04, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lokster
Staff Sergeant

Re: Building Forward Bases - Supply Bases.

Love EVILPIG's idea .. but I have to admit Malorn makes some good points as to why the system is fine as we presume it is "right now".
Old 2012-04-04, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Lokster View Post
Love EVILPIG's idea .. but I have to admit Malorn makes some good points as to why the system is fine as we presume it is "right now".
What exactly do we think the current Forward Base system is right now and where did we get the info from?

Also, here's another thought to add to this: Being able to built floating pontoon bases! Of course I'm going to get shot down by naval haters but still, just throwing that out there.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-04, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
What exactly do we think the current Forward Base system is right now and where did we get the info from?

Also, here's another thought to add to this: Being able to built floating pontoon bases! Of course I'm going to get shot down by naval haters but still, just throwing that out there.
Floating bases could be an easy possibility, all it needs is 2 utility-slot upgrades.

Galaxy - Amphibious landing. Allows galaxy to land and deploy on water. (it should probably have a little platform that extends out while it is on water so infantry have a place to stand and not just get dumped in the drink.

Sunderer - Amphibious upgrade. Allows sunderer to float and move slowly through water (basically exactly like the Deli in PS1).

With those two upgrades you could deploy a forward base on water for water-based vehicles to repair and for infantry to spawn. Though I'm not sure how useful it would be to have infantry spawn in water unless there was some underwater combat options and infantry upgrades. They'd be sitting ducks out there with no cover. I suppose infantry upgrades for aquatic warfare would go along with naval warfare though.
Old 2012-04-04, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Floating bases could be an easy possibility, all it needs is 2 utility-slot upgrades.

Galaxy - Amphibious landing. Allows galaxy to land and deploy on water. (it should probably have a little platform that extends out while it is on water so infantry have a place to stand and not just get dumped in the drink.

Sunderer - Amphibious upgrade. Allows sunderer to float and move slowly through water (basically exactly like the Deli in PS1).

With those two upgrades you could deploy a forward base on water for water-based vehicles to repair and for infantry to spawn. Though I'm not sure how useful it would be to have infantry spawn in water unless there was some underwater combat options and infantry upgrades. They'd be sitting ducks out there with no cover. I suppose infantry upgrades for aquatic warfare would go along with naval warfare though.
Well, my imagination is very one-track and fixated, so when I mention this, I'm referring to one of two things:
1. In the long term, perhaps the day when we can physically travel between continents and set up a forward base in the water from which to launch an assault on the continent in the first place
2. In the short term, simply one team going out in the water and attacking one of the other empires on the continent from the sea, instead of by land.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion