Got questions about PlanetSide 2? Here is your chance to have your questions answered - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We stole Spock's brain.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-09, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Shkrla
Private

Re: Got questions about PlanetSide 2? Here is your chance to have your questions answ

How's the infiltrator going to work? Will the rifle be hitscan, or just a very fast projectile? Will there be bullet drop, wind speed, all that jazz? How is the stealth going to work? Will it be better when you're still, like in crysis? Thanks!
Old 2012-05-09, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
SteinB
Sergeant

Re: Got questions about PlanetSide 2? Here is your chance to have your questions answ

Will outfits be able to assign custom titles to members in addition to ranks?

Can the ability to promote members be specifically limited to even less than the promoters rank? ex: An outfit can set Lower ranking officers (Captains through Colonels) to promote people only through the enlisted ranks but it takes a high ranking officer (Generals) to give any officer rank.

Can we have a seperate active status field on the roster? i.e. Active, Inactive, Absent with Leave, Disciplined, Retired, Memorial etc?
Old 2012-05-10, 03:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Noivad
Master Sergeant

Thanks for asking

1. Can we please get minium System Requirements to Run PS2 published.

2. Can we please have a lot of Outfit Management Options like Corps in Eve.

3. Is there going to be a full USA military rank System.

4. Is there going to be a Message Of The Day that will be more then a few lines.

5. Is there going to be editable text chat channels for outfits.

Thanks for doing this.

"There is NO "I" in Teamwork"

DOG SLOGAN - "It's not the size of the DOG in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the DOG"

DOG BATTLE CRY - " Cry 'Havoc,' and Let Slip The DOG's OF War. "

And Hamma I see the VS and the NC have infiltrated your board. So the TR will have to kill them all and make them the yellow bastards they are
Old 2012-05-10, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Wow. A lot of answers to these questions have been revealed by the devs already.

However I think that these haven't yet been answered:

-Will hacking enemy vehicles eventually be added to the game?

-Will we be able to loot enemy weapons and store them in a locker?

-If the answer is yes to those two questions, will we get a garage to store enemy vehicles? :P (very doubtful)

-Will the recon infiltrators who can only carry pistols be completely invisible while still?

-What method will be implemented to counter cloakers? Please don't let it be Dark Light Vision!

-Can a player save up their resources so much, so that it gets to a point he could endlessly spawn vehicles for days? Or is there a time limit you have to spend them?
Old 2012-05-14, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
LightForceJedi
GamerLive.TV

Originally Posted by DDSHADE View Post
Wow. A lot of answers to these questions have been revealed by the devs already.

[/B]
which ones? link me ...
Old 2012-05-14, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Shogun
Contributor
General

welcome to the community!

and thanks for showing, how a good interviewer does his homework!
it´s a good thing to get in touch with the fans of a game, if you are going to do an interview! and you have come to the right place! really looking forward to another interview with some specific questions of interest!

my question:

will cash shop items be sold per server or per account? (if i bought a camo pattern, will i be able to use it on all servers, or just the one i bought it on?)

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-05-14 at 12:16 PM.
Old 2012-05-14, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by DDSHADE View Post

-Will hacking enemy vehicles eventually be added to the game?

-Will we be able to loot enemy weapons and store them in a locker?

-If the answer is yes to those two questions, will we get a garage to store enemy vehicles? :P (very doubtful)

-Will the recon infiltrators who can only carry pistols be completely invisible while still? i am quite sure higby confirmed this in one of the gdc related interviews. the best cloaker will still be able to be completely invisible. even without sending any network packages to prevent screen-tinkering

-What method will be implemented to counter cloakers? Please don't let it be Dark Light Vision! higby mentioned a "darklight-gun-attachment. sounds like a scope or a darklight-flashlight-spot but some clarification on this would be nice

-Can a player save up their resources so much, so that it gets to a point he could endlessly spawn vehicles for days? Or is there a time limit you have to spend them?

higby said that the player will never feel like he has enough ressources.
edit in red

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-05-14 at 12:25 PM.
Old 2012-05-14, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Thank you LightForceJedi, I appreciate you taking the time to take our questions straght to the Devs at E3.

Some questions I have:

Will the Outfit Uniform Customization use colors solely from the Empires color spectrum?

What specific examples can be given of things a pistol infiltrator can do to sabotage a base, enemy vehicles, towers, etc...

Will clouds have models or will they be a simple picture in the sky(Can my aircraft hide in clouds)?

Most of my other questions have already been asked. Btw, thanks again.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-05-14, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Kipper
Captain

My questions would be what is the extent of the weather system - both at launch, and future plans.

Is it just day/night and lunar cycle, or will there be other effects like fog, rain, thunderstorms etc.

If there are other effects - will they be purely cosmetic or will they have an effect on visibility or effectiveness (ability to fly / drive at full speed etc)
Old 2012-05-17, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
LightForceJedi
GamerLive.TV

Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
My questions would be what is the extent of the weather system - both at launch, and future plans.

Is it just day/night and lunar cycle, or will there be other effects like fog, rain, thunderstorms etc.

If there are other effects - will they be purely cosmetic or will they have an effect on visibility or effectiveness (ability to fly / drive at full speed etc)
That's actually a really good question .. even though I doubt they could pull it off in an MMO landscape (swtor).

BTW Have any question on the new Elder Scrolls MMO? Have them answered at E3

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...140#post693140

Last edited by LightForceJedi; 2012-05-17 at 10:55 AM.
Old 2012-05-17, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

They've already said that weather effects are in the game. I think fog specifically was mentioned. As far as I know, they also said that some would be forced and gameplay-affecting, but it was up to beta to determine how that works out.

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-05-17, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Khrusky View Post
They've already said that weather effects are in the game. I think fog specifically was mentioned. As far as I know, they also said that some would be forced and gameplay-affecting, but it was up to beta to determine how that works out.
not sure if this is considered weather, but in totalbiscuits video you can see that the desert dust limits visibility for aircraft! we have seen screenshots of green environment with a crystal clear sky as well, so i think some kind of storms and rain are possible, too. forgelight is all about lighting and creating grand atmospheric views. you can see that in every single screenie. so it´s definitely designed to do even a lot more magic in this department.
i would really like to get some clarifications on what will make it into the release and what is planned to be implemented later on!

Old 2012-05-17, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
The Janitor
Sergeant

Just one question for now:

Is the goal of vehicle development to create multiple loudouts for a set mount of hulls or is there room for more vehicle types to be added later? Example: Will there be options for heavy bombs on a Liberator or is there the possibility of adding an entire new Heavy Bomber type vehicle? Or perhaps both?

Edit: Aha, second question!: The maps are bigger, right? Any chance of super sonic aircraft? <3

Last edited by The Janitor; 2012-05-17 at 02:34 PM.
Old 2012-05-17, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
cellinaire
Captain

I thought I don't have any question to ask by now, but here's one more :

Volumetric clouds / cloud layers. What's their plan about these two?
Old 2012-05-17, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

How far down the specialization trees do we have to go to give out Cake vs Pie missions?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion