Move towards single-player vehicles? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This won't hurt a bit...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-13, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Move towards single-player vehicles?

Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
bit unfair, since we havent seen any of the squad leader certs , outfit stuff , or tactical stuff at all so far in the brief glimpse we had at e3. just people running around trying stuff out and playing domination.
No, its quite fair, and by design.
Old 2012-06-13, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Neksar
Corporal

I've been wondering what the ramifications would be of a cert that gives both guns to the gunner. Would they have to switch between them, or could they fire them both at once? On the one hand, letting both be fired at once seems unfair, but allowing them to fire only one at a time also seems to make them weaker than the now-standard driver/gunner combination.
Old 2012-06-13, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Neksar View Post
I've been wondering what the ramifications would be of a cert that gives both guns to the gunner. Would they have to switch between them, or could they fire them both at once? On the one hand, letting both be fired at once seems unfair, but allowing them to fire only one at a time also seems to make them weaker than the now-standard driver/gunner combination.
Cool idea Neksar!

If you cert dual gunner then the screen should go into split screen mode so you gun and drive and gun at the same time. That could actually work on the magrider. Excellent!
Old 2012-06-13, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Senyu
First Lieutenant

IMO having single player in vehicle that has access to the main gun can make him do some good damage, but reduces his survival abilities or prevent specilization. If he had a secondary gun that helps fight agaisn't aircraft or other vehicles. Or one helping you focus on what your killing. And while this does give counters to one-man vehicles I still prefer the way they did it in PS1.

On regarding of driver only certification, with it they should also make the vehicle perhaps cheaper in resource cost? IDK just trying to think of another incentive to go for it for more than the already driver dedicated drivers.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion