New Facebook page cover art - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Get off Cyssor!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-30, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Alderego
Corporal

Re: New Facebook page cover art

Do keep in mind that transparent materials are sometimes a bitch to render + it would require extra work to make faces: eyes, nose, eyebrows, etc

I do admit that they could then add those eyes/noses/whatnot as extra cash-options in the shop though. (dibs on the pink eye-patch)
Old 2012-05-30, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Alderego View Post
Do keep in mind that transparent materials are sometimes a bitch to render + it would require extra work to make faces: eyes, nose, eyebrows, etc

I do admit that they could then add those eyes/noses/whatnot as extra cash-options in the shop though. (dibs on the pink eye-patch)
All vehicles will have transparent/semitransparent windows so I see no big deal with visors. Also PS1 had face selection, I doubt PS2 will take a step back and quite contrary I hope they'll make decent character creation available.
Old 2012-05-30, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Mod
Master Sergeant

Most recent info suggests it is going to be a simple head selection again.
Old 2012-05-30, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Coreldan
Colonel

Reminds me of the BF3 box cover thingie. But much better!

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-05-30, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
MercDT
Sergeant

Wow, this looks fantastic! They need to put out a hi res version of this.

I'm hoping that they read this topic and add a transparent version to those visors.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

This is fucking sexy....

Kinda old-school, but so sooooo awesome!
Old 2012-05-30, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I hope we get a lot of customization options for goggle/visor tint, although after the loverator video, I have no doubt that we will.

Those transparent TR goggles are prefect, although for me it's all about the orange VS visors.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Kato
Private

those Goggles
Old 2012-05-30, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Gullin
Private

Man, that looks awesome!
Old 2012-05-30, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
kertvon
Sergeant

Sweet pic. Is that space combat I see in the top left? I see a scythe, and a moon/Auraxis, but there appears to be a large structure exploding up there.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-30, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I want to like this cover art, but something just keeps jumping out at me that I can't ignore...

Don't hate me for pointing this out, but the picture has a white guy TR in the middle being flanked and set upon by minority NC and VS.

I can't be the only one who sees that.

I understand the desire in this era to be all PC with ethnic representation but it seems like a poor choice to show the TR (the "oppressive tyrannical government") to be the white guy besieged by minorities. It seems to highlight ethnic differences between the empires and not the ideological differences that should be highlighted. Seems better if they were simply all the same ethnicity so the idea of racial differences doesn't even creep in there. It seems odd, unnecessary, and out of place to draw attention to that, even if the intent is to be fair in representation by showing each as different. The original PS1 art didn't appear to have ethnic distinction and that was just fine.
Old 2012-05-30, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I want to like this cover art, but something just keeps jumping out at me that I can't ignore...

Don't hate me for pointing this out, but the picture has a white guy TR in the middle being flanked and set upon by minority NC and VS.

I can't be the only one who sees that.

I understand the desire in this era to be all PC with ethnic representation but it seems like a poor choice to show the TR (the "oppressive tyrannical government") to be the white guy besieged by minorities. It seems to highlight ethnic differences between the empires and not the ideological differences that should be highlighted. Seems better if they were simply all the same ethnicity so the idea of racial differences doesn't even creep in there. It seems odd, unnecessary, and out of place to draw attention to that, even if the intent is to be fair in representation by showing each as different. The original PS1 art didn't appear to have ethnic distinction and that was just fine.

Oh for the love of... Really??? You had to bring that shit into here... No I didn't see that when I looked at that art. All I saw was the awesomeness in it. Please grow the hell up.

Old 2012-05-30, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Atheosim
Captain

I dunno Malorn, the TR guy looks rather Hispanic to me...
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-30, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Don't hate for pointing it out. This is a feedback thread. That's my feedback. I like the picture but don't like the implication that PlanetSide is a race war with TR as evil supremacists. The picture doesn't need to bring ethnicity into the mix but it does and I can't unsee it.
Old 2012-05-30, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Akemo
Corporal

Originally Posted by kertvon View Post
Sweet pic. Is that space combat I see in the top left? I see a scythe, and a moon/Auraxis, but there appears to be a large structure exploding up there.
Ooh is it the death star?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion