Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 61 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Error: Quote not found.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-10, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #901
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant
 
fishirboy's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by McBane View Post
"Well CS does fine w/o vehicles and a maximum of 32 players. Why change that winning formula?"

That's right, this is a defeatist argument. By that, you will never have any kind of evolution or improvement because everything was so perfect 10 years ago.
dito haha
fishirboy is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #902
Retaliation
Private
 
Retaliation's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by fishirboy View Post
It did FINE but it could do BETTER beta waiting time! haha also people can change opinions, if that was added were you could change at any time then what would it then look like?
Pray tell how prone would significantly change how a game without it would play?

Also be careful about saying people can change opinions, it also means that possibly more people don't want prone.
Retaliation is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #903
Resolve
Corporal
 
Resolve's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by McBane View Post
"Well CS does fine w/o vehicles and a maximum of 32 players. Why change that winning formula?"

That's right, this is a defeatist argument. By that, you will never have any kind of evolution or improvement because everything was so perfect 10 years ago.
CS does do fine w/o vehicles because it's not that type of game. It's been the most competitive fps since forever. It also does fine without prone. Just adding prone isn't going to evolve anything. If they add prone they have to make it perfect or else it will be abused to hell/not used and a waste of dev time.
PS2 will do fine without prone because it's not that type of game.

Last edited by Resolve; 2012-06-10 at 10:52 PM.
Resolve is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #904
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant
 
fishirboy's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
CS does do fine w/o vehicles because it's not that type of game. It's been the most competitive fps since forever. It also does fine without prone. Just adding prone isn't going to evolve anything. If they add prone they have to make it perfect or else it will be abused to hell/not used and a waste of dev time.
PS2 will do fine without prone because it's not that type of game.
exactly the prone thing comes down to them setting it up to the correct place to not abuses it.
fishirboy is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #905
Capt Mytre
Private
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Prone does not promote camping. Take a look at Bad Company 2. No prone, but the most camping in any Battlefield game to date. It would be foolish not to have prone in a game that is so open and sandbox. If I want to sneak up on an enemy position crawling along the ground, I should be able to.

Fix for dolphin diving is to make guns deviation increase hugely while going prone, making it near impossible to get accurate hits.

I can't see any arguments why it shouldn't be included, but see many for why it should. It appears most of you against it are the old vets. The game needs to change, it can't be PS1, as it wouldn't survive in today's market. Open your minds to the possibilities.

Last edited by Capt Mytre; 2012-06-10 at 11:28 PM.
Capt Mytre is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #906
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Just look to BFRs for that one. They added those in, broke the game, took a long time to make them reasonably balanced, and they are still in there and have fundamentally changed PlanetSide for the worse.

Prone would have a similar fundamental change to PlanetSide gameplay and as most people agree, it won't be for the betterment of the game.

From what I see it's about five vocal people who are on the must-have-prone crusade. Poll shows it isn't what a super majority of players want.
lol Bfr have been include a while after the ( launch of planetside 1 ) and have nothing to do with the prone ( a standing position ) not a vehicules / weapons thats need to be balance !

have you ever seen in a patchnotes of any games

we will now balance nerf or buff a prone ? They cant fix bug optimize the whole thing lol but balancing prone ...

when you ad new weapons and vehicules in a already launch game its always tricky to come up with a good balanced whiout testing it with a massive number of players to have a sufficient data to balance thing out !

And even if prone was like a weapons the game is not even out yet they will test it in the beta to see actually if it work well or if its to hard to make it work !

2 differents story thats have nothing to do with each others
__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #907
Fortress
Sergeant
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Bahahahaahaa.
__________________
Fortress is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #908
Chronic
Private
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Not having prone discourages camping-style gameplay.

People still believe that myth? Adding prone just gives the ability to have better cover.

Chronic is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #909
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
Yeah, to bad it can never ever be removed again after adding it.

You know like the killcam.
in BF3 the (( killcam)) arent on most of the time the servers admins allow them or not
__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #910
Chronic
Private
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Zenben View Post
This is not BF3/COD, no prone please.
BF3 and CoD invented prone?
Chronic is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #911
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
People still believe that myth? Adding prone just gives the ability to have better cover.

Nice find agains you conter a arguments that a lots of people come with such as Prone will encourage camping lol

these snipers nest in crouch position was more than just usual in many NON prone games

Edit: and if they where prone in this position they arent going to be able to shoot lol only get a cover but in crouch at this spot people just can see their gun because the montainside hide the rest of their body only the deah and the top of the guns are expose
__________________

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-11 at 12:04 AM.
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #912
Phellix
Sergeant
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
People still believe that myth? Adding prone just gives the ability to have better cover.

This is the way it should be, you don't need prone for this.

Stew must have just woken up, because now this thread is going to last another 50 pages because he will post the same useless rant bumping it. Please lock this thread points have been made and it's just going to be arguing and "my opinion is better" attacks.
Phellix is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #913
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant
 
fishirboy's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Phellix View Post
This is the way it should be, you don't need prone for this.

Stew must have just woken up, because now this thread is going to last another 50 pages because he will post the same useless rant bumping it. Please lock this thread points have been made and it's just going to be arguing and "my opinion is better" attacks.
You say you don't need it but you have it a little wrong, prone makes it better, its just not required, but it does make it better. Prone improves the game play but is not needed.

Edit: also if its not required it does not matter at all then why even be here man?
fishirboy is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #914
SoNaR
Corporal
 
Misc Info
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


So.... add prone and remove crouch? xD
SoNaR is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #915
Chronic
Private
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
The problem with prone is how it changes the gameplay style.

Compare BFBC2 to BF3.

BFBC2 had a lot more action, more attack, more movement. Since there was no prone in BFBC2 cover was higher and facilitated attack & move style gameplay. Hiding was harder and it encouraged more assault and thus more action. Camping in corners while making yourself small as possible wasn't an issue.

Gameplay with BFBC2 was quite awesome, fast paced, and fun.

BF3 had less cover (because of prone), more camping (because of prone), and less action (because prone rewards camping), and attack was discouraged due to prone putting attackers at more of a disadvantage. The targets shooting at them were smaller, harder to hit, and harder to spot.

Prone made the battlefield franchise worse. It isn't needed in PlanetSide 2, there's no reason to add it, and the game will be much better off without it.
I think you don't remember playing BFBC2.
Chronic is offline  
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Wiki Activity Read More >
Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.