Carbine Adjustments - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bring out your dead!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-04-01, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
OctavianAXFive
Staff Sergeant

Carbine Adjustments

Assuming this data is more or less right

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250

I'd like to see a little tweaking done to the horizontal recoil of the 800 RPM carbines, the LC2Lynx for the TR and the VX6-7 for the VS.

The Lynx and the VX6 are good guns right now but I feel that they are losing a bit of their competitive edge and are becoming more niche. Unless you plan on releasing new carbines, here are my thoughts.

The Lynx and the VX6 are not top RoF in their class so they are not immediately the "go to" CQC carbines but even more than that they are severely outclassed by the new SMGs for CQC.

The range at which the Serpent and the SMGs stop being dominant overlaps heavily with the range at which these guns are good at. (I'm going to ballpark this at around 20-30 meters).

Between 25-45 meters are the ranges at which the Lynx and the VX6 pull away from their higher RoF competitors due to slight increases in accuracy.

Unfortunately at around 30 meters they start running into competition from the slower weapons, especially the newly released NS-11c and its close counterparts.

I realize their is a high incentive to segment weapons based on their range profiles to boost sales. If you have one gun that is competitive at all ranges, then there is no reason to buy anything else.

However, I feel that the Lynx and VX have almost the right profile to extend their utility. They shoot fast but not the fastest and they have the carbine damage profile. What's holding them back is their heinous right pull.

I'd like to see a very slight reduction in that right pull. Too much and they'll hit too good of a sweet spot of being great at everything and I'm not sure even I want that. But right now I feel they suffer a little too much right pull and I think either scaling back the base horizontal pull or adding an advanced foregrip unlock would help keep these guns in the fight. Perhaps a bit more vertical recoil could be utilized to help negate some of additional accuracy of reduced right pull.

Lastly I'd like to make the case that the Trac-5 needs a little love. It's useable but it could also maybe use either a right pull reduction or a reload speed reduction (but probably not both).

If anyone else has guns they feel need a little tweak here or there, feel free to post

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion