News: TotalBiscuit Liberator Video - Page 20 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: That red alert? Oh its nothing, I swear
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-28, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #286
HeatLegend
Master Sergeant

Re: TotalBiscuit Liberator Video

Thanks for sharing!
Old 2012-05-28, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #287
LostAlgorithm
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Every single custom paint job I've seen in the game has looked terrible. It's easily the weakest part of the game so far that I'm aware of. I thought the paintjobs would be new mixes of the existing faction colours, so that the overall visual theme of the models isn't wrecked, but they're all just so strange and jarring and ugly.
Exactly this.
Old 2012-06-13, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #288
WNxThentar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
This seems like a weird thing to get hung up on. If someone feels like having squads with tiger stripes, or zebra stripes, or snow camo, or whatever to make yourself or your squad distinct - it's totally up to you. There are dozens of different texture variants like that to put on your vehicles and armor, just because zebra stripes were the one shown doesn't mean that's all we're making.

There are tons of real world examples of this stuff for those saying its not "realistic"

Now, maybe those are show planes or "mascot planes" like the blue angels, but who's to say we shouldn't let people customize their vehicles to be like that in Planetside? I want to have a blue angel plane. Whats wrong with a squadron deciding they wanted to be the screaming zebras or the wailing walruses.

Customization isn't 100% freeform, we're going to be sure that everything that goes in fits into the world and it doesn't turn into giant mecha-cupcakes shooting lamprey eels at eachother or something.
What Matt said! Like I've said before...you might think it is crazy but it adds a bit of psychological warfare into the game. Constantly getting killed by the out fit with Zebra patterned vehicles with pink head lights? You'll react different when you see them coming at you.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion