Reavers - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Markov? Isn't that the name of my Russian mail-order bride?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Reavers
They are fine. I like my reaver. 29 25.22%
They need to be toned down. Less armor. 16 13.91%
They need to be toned down. Less rockets. 3 2.61%
They need to be toned down. Less (or no) afterburner. 8 6.96%
They need to be toned down. 15 13.04%
They are fine but we need better AA weapons. 32 27.83%
They suck. Dio rul3z!! 12 10.43%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-06-01, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Shadowsword8
Contributor
Corporal

Reavers are already overused and too resistants. Adding counter-measures would just make the situation worse.

I thing the main thing in a reaver that need to be toned down is it's max speed. A reaver at top speed (without afterburners) move almost as fast as a phoenix missile. If you're behind a reaver (even 10-15 meters behind), firing at him with a phoenix is almost useless.

It's also true that their armor is a little too strong...
Surely you, but never I.
Old 2003-06-01, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Lise
Second Lieutenant

Apparently I'm the only one who has this opinion... I actually think Reavers die quickly enough. Real AA weapons (like the Sparrow or Burster) kill a Reaver pretty quickly, and if something else is wailing on it it's doomed. What needs toning down is the rocket ability. I don't even have a problem with the damage so much as I do the spam capacity. At this point a Reaver pilot doesn't even need the 20mm chaingun, because if he gets some extra rockets in the trunk he has enough ammo to wipe out entire squads of infantry along with their vehicle without breaking too much of a sweat. At least make those things fire less quickly so they're not utterly awesome against everything.
Old 2003-06-01, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

I personally think the mosquito needs improving, because its barely used, and it takes at least 100 bullets to kill a reaver (alot more when you cant keep your crosshair on the reaver).

1) give the mosq AA missiles which can lock-on to reavers (not effective against infantry/ground vehicles).

2)improve mosq machine gun, make it more effective against the reaver.

about the reaver afterburner, i think it should only be able to activate when the reaver is going faster than 70kph.
Old 2003-06-01, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

The poll is biased. I voted 1, but I'm not certed for reaver. I think you are overestimating the difficulty of killing a reaver with a mosquito and the AA MAXes are quite capable of keeping aircraft from causing damage, even if they don't destroy them on every pass, because a reaver who is afterburning away isn't taking out your squad.

More and more as the game matures, a squad without air defense is going to be raped by aircraft. Air defense is cheap but there still aren't enough people willing to invest in dedicated AA duty. This will change when the bomber is released.

The skies aren't being zerged with reavers. You will find a lot of them massed in a zerg, but there are a whole lot of overall units there, and a lot more ground forces.

I don't care if they do nerf the reaver, but when you start crying about my skeet next, I am giving you so much shit.
Old 2003-06-01, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
DrummerX
Private

Tone down max speed? Thats complete BS. Its an aircraft, aircraft have speed.

Like lise said, reavers die extremely fast against a skilled av max. Not the retards that sit on the walls and fire like their on crack, but the guys that know what their doing. Also, their is an AA vehicle being integrated into the game soon, so this will be even more of an annoyance for reaver pilots.

Also, maybe its just me, but reavers shoot down reavers pretty damn good as well. Stop crying, balance out your squad, and youll do much better.
Old 2003-06-01, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
EarlyDawn
Major General

I agree with Airlift. The bias of number one smacked me in the face the moment I loaded this page. Try remaking it with unbiased options.
Old 2003-06-01, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by 1024
I think if they just cut the afterburners off those things along with toning ddown the speed to somewhere inbetween now and a galaxy's top speed it would do the trick. People would get frustrated from the travel time, and the maneuverability would get cut down, thus making it harder to avoid AA weapons, which dont do SHIT against them.

I have an interesting stoy to tell about my phoenix and a reaver:

Once when i was assaulting a base with my squad., i died and respawned at a nearby AMS, which was inside a big ditch, hidden from the horizontal sight of the base. A reaver spot the AMS and comes down, i kid you not, about 1 or 2 meters off the ground, RIGHT NEXT TO ME. I happened to open up my loadout that had my jacky mchammer nad phoenix, so i whipped out my phoenix and started shooting at the dumbass pilot. I shoot him FOUR TIMES. While i was shooting him i was about 8 meters away, almsot POINT BLANK rnage. BEfore i got a hcance to get off a 5th shoot, he kills the AMS and turns around and pecks at me with the minigun hes got and kills me in about a second or two.

Now, if thats not overpowered, i don't know what is.
Did you guys even read my post before??

Old 2003-06-01, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by LNS0388
I agree with Airlift. The bias of number one smacked me in the face the moment I loaded this page. Try remaking it with unbiased options.
Dude this is the 2nd post i see from you and it's the 2nd that is bitching at me, i don't know why you're pissed at me but i suggest you choose another target. The poll is biased because *hint hint* THIS IS FOR FUN, this isn't a dev asking it or a scientific research, i just wanted PSU's opinion about a subject, if you can't reply without bitching at me then don't.

To everybody else thanks for your opinions, glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks reavers are overpowered.

Oh and Airlift i don't think anybody will say the skeeter is overpowered, i love my skeeter but it's far from being uber l33t.
Old 2003-06-01, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by LNS0388
Jesus, all bow to the Poll Gestapo.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-06-01, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
TheJingle
Private

heh , they have more armor than a lightning , they should have like HALF the armor of a damn tank IMO . It takes a full clip of AA shots to kill a reaver with VS , and thats practically impossible to do unless the pilots a fucking moron , and other guns barely scratch them . I think they should have their armor cut in half at the very least , and either take the afterburners away or tone them down somehow .
Old 2003-06-01, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Cut their armor in half and take away there ability to hover, i cannot stand those dumbfucks who just hover outside a tower door looking for cheap kills, hopefully this would help get rid of them.
Old 2003-06-01, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Matuse
First Sergeant

Tone down max speed? Thats complete BS. Its an aircraft, aircraft have speed.
Yes, aircraft have speed, but there are other considerations at work. Reavers fly only slightly slower than Skeeters, while boasting more than twice the armor. That's illogical to the point of stupidity.

Just the fact that they can almost outrun a MISSILE without using afterburners tells you something is very wrong.
Old 2003-06-01, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Reavers are fine. What is not fine is people that can't think themselves out of a box. Try getting certed on the Striker, or getting the AA MAX (The TR variety seems to ruin people's day in the sky). Man wall turrets. Don't travel in the open. Think of something else than complaining. Complaining is so, so easy compared to problem solving. Cmon kids, you can do it.
Old 2003-06-01, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

True, but I tested something today, I took the NC AA max, and went vs a Reaver 1-1 from full health (on both sides).

He fired rockets, I fired rockets,

He won with about 30ish% health left and every rocket I fired in that time hit (we started shooting at the same time)

Now is it jsut me, or should the biggist AA thing in the game (the AA max) be able to take out a reaver 1-1.

I mean its not like the AA max is good for anything else

------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-06-01, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
TheAngelOfWar
Sergeant

i LOVE reavers in their current form. their spam rockets give them big heads. i walk around, and see one veer in towards me. i anchor down and cut loose, downing it in 3 seconds because they dont know the AA max from ant others

my best record is 10 kills 1 death so far. in fact, give the reavers a larger clip for all i care, they only get a shot or two before i blow em.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion