Tanks still not used? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My Mommy Says Your All Just Jealous!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-21, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

as was mentioned earlier Most of the combat that I come across is inside the bases. Infact, my squad(s) spend about all our time inside base walls and we rarely get any resistance on the way to a base. I love the vehicles so I have a few certs but for the most part the only ones we use the most are the sunderer or galaxy.

But I love to use an enforcer or tank whenever I can get a chance.
Old 2003-04-21, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Delirare
Sergeant

the first cert i got was a vangaurd as i loved it before the wipe. its worth it. but like others stated, without a gunner you can communicate with.. you know.. not a n00b gunner, its kinda worthless. Unfortunate. Tanks are supposed to be kinda rare anyways i think. As they're a specific use thing, for like facility vs facility battles, shelling, and heavy support for an ams or something. you dont really use them to assault bases or defend bases persay, their more useful in protection and suppressive fire imho. They're very good for assaulting towers where theres massive resistance. ESPECIALLY now that the console is up high, park that puppy at the proper angle so it can look inside, have your guys up hacking it, you spam that lower area so they can get up there Tanks are uber, but only in some instances.
Old 2003-04-21, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Nasal.Infection
Private

Actually...

I'd have to disagree, I have seen a ton of tanks. The vanguard is the one that just won't go away. I'd fire 6 salvo's with my striker and it would sit there, laugh, then pummel me. At a tense battle over Gunuku there were at least 4-6 vanguards, luckily it was on the second server where I am on their sides.

Those tanks hurt, period.
Old 2003-04-21, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

^yes, vanguards are nasty. The reason that they are especially deadly is that TR and VS AV users need to expose themselves to the vanguard fire to attack. The vanguard also has the ability to level a reinforced lancer or striker user in one hit.
Old 2003-04-21, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Kalam
Corporal

The MagRider is well balanced for driver and gunner.

The driver got a quite powerfull anti infanterie weapon, it kills everything in seconds. He can also easily strafe down enemy troopers or even MAX units.

The gunner has a strong AV beam.
It is good against enemy tanks, reavers or other vehicles. MAX are hard to hit, but not impossible.

So you see, the MagRider is fun for both, driver and gunner.
Old 2003-04-21, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Saethan
Corporal

But.. it's purple .

:-(
Old 2003-04-21, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by Saethan
But.. it's purple .

:-(
Not always! http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...&threadid=7039
Old 2003-04-21, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sarah Jinstar
Staff Sergeant

While I haven't had the chance to pilot any tanks myself yet. I have to admit I've seen a fair share of them. A couple nights ago we were hotdropping over Gunkui (sp?) and the bridge was full of tanks from each side duking it out. Is it me or is that area extremely busy all the time??

Usually tho I'm airborne in a reaver, I find I'm best suited at support roles to begin with. Might have to play around with some ground vehicles once I get higher in BR. I'm at 7th now and loving it.

Sig By Airlift
Old 2003-04-21, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

I love the VS tank cause it's soo easy to run people over with them! Unfortunatly, I have run over a few of my compadres and i am stuck with a bunch of grief points. I switched to engineer from tank driver because i got so many points.

Nothing can take down a max like running them over with a tank.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-04-21, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Ebonwulf
Private

Ive never actually been shot with a tank, they just sweep down the walls around the base and plow people over 0.o
Old 2003-04-21, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

A tank's best weapon is it's front bumper.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-04-21, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Chanfan
Staff Sergeant

I think tanks could be key in base defense. They will generally have the opportunity to catch troops outside, or reenforcements arriving overland.

Also, they could be key in taking out the AMS when it's located.

I'd love to see a roving tank group interdiction force - used to cut off reenforcements to bases that are under attack.

I think the reason you don't see more tanks is not only the coordination it takes for the crew, but also to be really effective, you need coordination on your side - to have them react / interdict where needed, and respond to contact reports from troops.

For that to happen, the whole team needs to know they are around, and communicate. That's the tricky part - good, higher level commanders might be able to help in that area.
Old 2003-04-21, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

My tank group was just sweeping back and forth in between an enemy tower and our base and we were mowing people down left and right. The max were the best because with run on they can't even try to defend themselves and my driver just kept running them over.
Old 2003-04-22, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
obskure
Private

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
Yep, I use a tank, but its a major pain in the ass driving it around so other people can kill stuff.
thats why u hunt people down and run their pitiful asses over :P
Old 2003-04-22, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
obskure
Private

Originally posted by LesserShade
My tank group was just sweeping back and forth in between an enemy tower and our base and we were mowing people down left and right. The max were the best because with run on they can't even try to defend themselves and my driver just kept running them over.
i believe i was that l33tz0r driver
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion