News: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit! - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of: Original Chainsaw Knife.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-10, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!

Originally Posted by Cadiras View Post
Reddit is an extremely popular site and a thread like his gets noticed by more than just hardcore fans that browse the PSU forums.
Yes. Do the Q and A here. Advertise about it on Reddit. There you go, best of both worlds.
Old 2011-07-10, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Why? We dont even know if we really need them at all.
Because I don't want to have to constantly re-level to try out different aspects of the game. I want to play planetside not grinditside.
Old 2011-07-10, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Warruz
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Because I don't want to have to constantly re-level to try out different aspects of the game. I want to play planetside not grinditside.
This

You cant have a game like planetside then add in RPG esc elements and not be able to reset them. Imagine WoW without talent resets, hell im playing ME2 again atm and they even let you change them.
Old 2011-07-10, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I agree completly with you. But we still dont have all details about the entire system.

For example: If i train "light assault" in the medic tree to level 2, do i also have "light assault" in the heavy assault tree on level 2? Means, is Light assault always light assault, no matter what class i am?
for what exactly do i spend my cert points? And if i spend 10 points in one skill tree, can i still spend those 10 points in another tree?
Old 2011-07-10, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Bags
Lieutenant General

We don't have the details but I'd like them to know we don't like it before they finalize anything.
Old 2011-07-10, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I think your to late there. The basics of the system are already finalized, thats why they could tell us about it (you dont tell peopel stuff you might not do in the end, just makes ppl mad).
But adding a option to just reset your learned certifications is a very easy task. You may loose the time you spend on learing the skills, but you can start again with your br 20 character rather than just having to start an entire new toon.
Old 2011-07-10, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Sirisian
Colonel

Yes. Do the Q and A here. Advertise about it on Reddit. There you go, best of both worlds.
That's why I asked this question. There are dedicated systems for answering questions and voting upon them and such to get feedback.

I'd prefer more polls. It's nearly impossible to get a good view of what the community feels about things without a poll. You end up with a very small minority being very loud and projecting a biased view toward a topic.
Old 2011-07-10, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Bags
Lieutenant General

False alarm guys, no need for recerting. Basti was right. hehe

You're never stuck, capped or locked in to anything with the PS2 cert system. Recerting isn't necessary because there's no restrictions on how many certs you can have trained at a time, just how many you can take advantage of on any given loadout.
Old 2011-07-10, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

And there we go:

"You're never stuck, capped or locked in to anything with the PS2 cert system. Recerting isn't necessary because there's no restrictions on how many certs you can have trained at a time, just how many you can take advantage of on any given loadout."

As i understand it: You have 20 cert points at br 20. You can put those 20 points into Healer, those 20 points into Driver, ect.
Old 2011-07-10, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
Volw
First Sergeant

I think your to late there. The basics of the system are already finalized, thats why they could tell us about it (you dont tell peopel stuff you might not do in the end, just makes ppl mad).
But adding a option to just reset your learned certifications is a very easy task. You may loose the time you spend on learing the skills, but you can start again with your br 20 character rather than just having to start an entire new toon.
My speculative understanding of the system.

There are skill trees, to go down a skill tree you need a specific BR level. To unlock specific skills, you need to 'train' them.

Now, it's not necessary to respec as the trained skills won't be lost. It will be possible to train multiple skills (or certs) and then pick and choose from within the class selection screen.

Edit: Doh, too late. Again!
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-10, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
Warruz
Sergeant

And there we go:

"You're never stuck, capped or locked in to anything with the PS2 cert system. Recerting isn't necessary because there's no restrictions on how many certs you can have trained at a time, just how many you can take advantage of on any given loadout."

As i understand it: You have 20 cert points at br 20. You can put those 20 points into Healer, those 20 points into Driver, ect.
yeah this comes down to a misunderstanding on the system.

then perhaps this is a misunderstanding between the old and new system.

This is how i think it will work/what they are getting at. You train your certs much like eve online training system, so at some point you will learn them all. And you can Assign X amount to a load out, of which you can swap in and out depending on what ya want?
Old 2011-07-10, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
waldizzo
Contributor
First Sergeant

Very good information. This has done a great job clarifying some of my concerns. Thanks Higby for taking the time to answer these questions. Also a thank you to Bags for putting it all together in the google doc.
Old 2011-07-10, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
CidHighwind
Master Sergeant

Perhaps the wrong section, but some of the answers Matt has provided were in regards to a potential PS3/PC crossover, and during the Fan Faire I heard a similar question pop up - both responses were dodgy, but to me sounded like SoE have something they don't want to reveal... I personally only want PS2 on a PC, as that is where this type of title thrives, but...

Question/Speculation: What are the chances this is a PS4 launch title in addition to PC launch? --- It would perhaps explain why so many resources from other SoE projects have been focused towards PS2.

Last edited by CidHighwind; 2011-07-10 at 05:33 PM.
Old 2011-07-10, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Bags
Lieutenant General

I don't care as long as my experience doesn't get butchered for console players.
Old 2011-07-10, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
Volw
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by CidHighwind View Post

Question/Speculation: What are the chances this is a PS4 launch title in addition to PC launch? --- It would perhaps explain why so many resources from other SoE projects have been focused towards PS2.
yep, I've been thinking about that as well.

Especially when Smidley mentioned they look even beyond PS3.

Knowing current consoles are not capable to handle PS2, I'd assume he means next gen stuff.

Important bit:
PSide2 won't be released for another year or so and PStation4 is rumoured to be released end of 2012. Having PSide2 as one of the launch titles makes a lot of sense.
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion