Casual outfits - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Drug donations are accepted.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-08-01, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
icepick
Private

Casual outfits

What I want to know is are there going to be tools to allow people to hook up into impromptu sqauds and such in the field.

I know outfits will have skills like hot drops and stuff. Will you be able to do similar things even if you can't find an outfit that fits your schedule and whatnot?
Old 2012-08-01, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Re: Casual outfits

Originally Posted by icepick View Post
What I want to know is are there going to be tools to allow people to hook up into impromptu sqauds and such in the field.

I know outfits will have skills like hot drops and stuff. Will you be able to do similar things even if you can't find an outfit that fits your schedule and whatnot?
It looks like there is an auto squad system in like there was in PS1, in PS1 you could go into a list and read a bit of detail about a squad.. See where they are fighting and join up with them. SOE will definitely accommodate solo players, but the most fun part about the previous game was playing with a good group of guys.. Building up that rapport etc.
Old 2012-08-01, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
icepick
Private

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
SOE will definitely accommodate solo players, but the most fun part about the previous game was playing with a good group of guys.. Building up that rapport etc.
Ah that's good to hear.

Yeah, I'm hoping to find a group. I know it'll be more awesome that way.
Old 2012-08-01, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
mindmines
Contributor
Corporal

Yes, it will definitely be more fun to play with other people who will share the game experience with you. It's always good not to be alone.

Old 2012-08-01, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Timithos
Master Sergeant

PS1 puts you in LFS mode - Looking For Squad. It says this above your character in the place of an outfit name. If a squad leader sees you, they can add you to their squad.

PS2 goes further. When you log into the game, and get near any action, you will automatically be placed into a squad. This is the default, and I assume you change this setting too. And most likely the squad you are placed into will be a non-outfit squad, unless an outfit sets their squad to automatically add non-outfit member in the vicinity.

There are a lot of outfits out there that don't mind casual players at all. We'd love to have you in The Renegades.

Edit: for updated signature reload?

Last edited by Timithos; 2012-08-01 at 10:09 PM.
Old 2012-08-03, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dread
Private

Check out http://www.archangelsgaming.com/home Were a Terran Republic outfit lookin for quality players and were pretty laid back, Been around since PS1...for more info check the website or for the full recruitment deal were at the top in the outfit sub forum for terran republic
Old 2012-08-08, 08:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

since there is already a thread asking about outfits, i would like to ask a question.
in planetside, are you able to join multiple outfits such as the guild system in some final fantasy mmos, or will it be one outfit at a time and you would have to leave one to join another?
basically, will you be registered and locked into an outfit, or are you less restrained and can register with multiple outfits so that you can be a part of which ever you choose at the time?

i have an outfit that played PS1 (i never played it), and i will be with them, but there are lots of outfits and if i am on while my outfit isnt, i would like to play with other outfits, and so the reason for my question, will i be able to also be a part of those outfits, or just have to make friends and piggy back other outfits?
Old 2012-08-09, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ayasaki
Private

@dusk U'll prolly have to make friends and piggyback lol I'm pretty sure it's 1 outfit per person. I mean think about it, if your in multiple outfits, and if they are all on and u can only roll with 1....I believe I don't need to explain anymore =P
Old 2012-08-09, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ayasaki View Post
@dusk U'll prolly have to make friends and piggyback lol I'm pretty sure it's 1 outfit per person. I mean think about it, if your in multiple outfits, and if they are all on and u can only roll with 1....I believe I don't need to explain anymore =P
yeah, thats how i always saw it, but my brother plays a final fantasy mmo and he said he was lin like 10 guilds all at once and he could pick and choose which one he wanted to be active. so there was one active guild and others hes basically in standby in until he makes them active. i played WoW and there was just join and stay or leave and find another. just wanted to make sure which style PS2 was likely to follow since i didnt know how PS1 outfits worked.
Old 2012-08-10, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
SpottyGekko
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Duskguy View Post
yeah, thats how i always saw it, but my brother plays a final fantasy mmo and he said he was lin like 10 guilds all at once and he could pick and choose which one he wanted to be active. so there was one active guild and others hes basically in standby in until he makes them active. i played WoW and there was just join and stay or leave and find another. just wanted to make sure which style PS2 was likely to follow since i didnt know how PS1 outfits worked.
Being in an outfit in PS is somewhat different to being in a guild in normal MMO's. It works the same way, but in PS you are far more likely to play with your outfit (guild) all the time than you will in a normal themepark MMO, where most people play solo 90% of the time.

There's really no reason to join an outfit in PS2 if you are going to play solo most of the time. The game will auto-join you to the nearest squad by default (unless you deactivate that option), which is the equivalent of joining a PUG in other MMO's. There seem to be some XP benefits if you play as part of a squad, but nothing stops you from squad-hopping all the time if you want to switch to a different part of the map.

The real benefits of being part of a permanent outfit is that team play in PS can be great fun if you enjoy a more co-ordinated fighting game. If you often play with the same people, you get to know their style of play and that can lead to really good teamwork.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions