Planetside 2 and the Playstation 4 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In Soviet PSU, quotes submit YOU!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-08-03, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Planetside 2 and the Playstation 4

I don't think that the XBox is viable with their various restrictions on content. The same reason CCP decided to put DUST on Playstation Only.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-08-03, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Let's also not forget that the Xbox360's graphics - compared to other platforms - suck.
Old 2011-08-03, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Let's also not forget that the Xbox360's graphics - compared to other platforms - suck.
they all suck.
Old 2011-08-03, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
they all suck.
Let's also not forget that when we moved over from PS2 and XBOX, we were like "ZOMG! TEH GRAFIX R AMEZINGGG! *drool*" Ain't it a funny world?
Old 2011-08-03, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Infektion View Post
Let's also not forget that when we moved over from PS2 and XBOX, we were like "ZOMG! TEH GRAFIX R AMEZINGGG! *drool*" Ain't it a funny world?
Sounds like something a pre-pubescent kid would say tbh. I have a PC, as does everyone else here, why would we say that?
Old 2011-08-03, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Sounds like something a pre-pubescent kid would say tbh. I have a PC, as does everyone else here, why would we say that?
The lack of anti aliasing support on the consoles always turned me off of their graphics. It wasn't even so much that the jagged lines ruined the look, it was that the way the jagged lines tend to visually shimmer and buzz in a distracting way that bothered me.
Old 2011-08-03, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Clown Phoenix
Private

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
The lack of anti aliasing support on the consoles always turned me off of their graphics. It wasn't even so much that the jagged lines ruined the look, it was that the way the jagged lines tend to visually shimmer and buzz in a distracting way that bothered me.
Well, now with DirectX 11 we also have Tessellation, which is amazing to say the least. I'm not sure how many of you have a directx 11 capable computer, but I recently upgraded my rig and ran some of the benchmarks on the nVidia website, and it makes a huge difference.

Also, OnLive might be heading to consoles, therefore PS2 might be heading to consoles through OnLive.
Old 2011-08-04, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Clown Phoenix View Post
I'm not sure how many of you have a directx 11 capable computer
I'm pretty sure everyone does
Old 2011-08-04, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by Clown Phoenix View Post
Well, now with DirectX 11 we also have Tessellation, which is amazing to say the least. I'm not sure how many of you have a directx 11 capable computer, but I recently upgraded my rig and ran some of the benchmarks on the nVidia website, and it makes a huge difference.

Also, OnLive might be heading to consoles, therefore PS2 might be heading to consoles through OnLive.

I thought OnLive was a console? Or that it had a little box they called a console. I think its kind of stretching it to think PS2 is going to be on OnLive let alone that Sony or MS is going to let it run on their machines through that service.

Anyway anyone that doesn't have a PC that can run PS2 should just be setting aside say 10 dollars a week. By the time PS2 is out you will be able to afford a machine that will run it. Better than hoping that it will in some way make it to consoles.
Old 2011-08-04, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Vancha
Colonel

Not unless you buy me one.
Old 2011-08-04, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Azren
Sergeant Major

seriously, where do you live man?

Why do we even have this debate? Current consoles have nowere close to enough power to run any open game like PS (if you don't own a console, but played any "open world" ported game, you will notice the loading screens every 2 minutes, those are there for a reason).
Talking about future consoles is nonsence; by the time they come out PS2 will be old news, nobody will want to play and old game on their shiny new console. Finally, if by some fluke it ever was ported to a console, how do you figure the devs could possibly balance the "controller vs mouse" problem? Giving the console players aimbots? Yea, that sure is a good was to make all PC gamers angry and in turn lose out on long term profit for a big boost of short term one.
Old 2011-08-04, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

The only way to get PS2 on a console is two fold.
1) Wait for the next revision. Probably PS4, it'll be out while PlanetSide2 is still relevant.
2) Tell console gamers to suck it up and buy a kb+m or enjoy getting farmed.

The former is obvious. The latter is a bitter pill that would lead to poor reviews and sales.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-08-04, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
The only way to get PS2 on a console is two fold.
1) Wait for the next revision. Probably PS4, it'll be out while PlanetSide2 is still relevant.
2) Tell console gamers to suck it up and buy a kb+m or enjoy getting farmed.

The former is obvious. The latter is a bitter pill that would lead to poor reviews and sales.
Two words: Guitar Hero

If people are willing to pay extra for a game that must be played with a fake guitar or motion sensing device or fake rifle, it's not much of a stretch to get them to use a keyboard/mouse, especially they are wireless and will work with a PC (or BT mobile device). The hardest part is, like another poster said, is dealing with livingroom ergonomics. However, I learned to play Starcraft back in the 90s by sitting on my friend's couch using his pc that was on his coffee table infront of his couch. It wasn't too bad.
Old 2011-08-04, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Raymac
Brigadier General

Hey, if you want to spot me a couple hundred bucks, I'll be happy to take it. Not everyone can afford a big upgrade every few months.

OK so yeah, I'm a little bitter because I have a GTX260. So close, and yet so far.

Old 2011-08-04, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Kurtz
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
hmmmm?
And just like that I have suddenly lost all interest in this game.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion