SOE live video. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh no! The f5 key is broken!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-08-02, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Chewy
Major

SOE live video.

http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/439751626

So, who do you think won based on what was shown?
Old 2013-08-03, 01:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mordelicius
Major

Re: SOE live video.

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/b/439751626

So, who do you think won based on what was shown?
I'm not gonna take sides in this tiff between DVS and Devil Dogs. And I'm not gonna rag on DVS for switching side for the competition either because it's what I've been predicting in this forum all along. (It's around 4:02m in)

This is exactly what to expect when factions aren't balanced .

As to who won. I've only seen a small fraction of gameplay, mostly DVSDelrith tearing it up with the OP Zoe Max . Delrith is already good and with this Max, yeah exactly lol.
Old 2013-08-03, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If every faction had access to the Zoey MAX would you bother playing any of the others?
Old 2013-08-03, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
I'm not gonna take sides in this tiff between DVS and Devil Dogs. And I'm not gonna rag on DVS for switching side for the competition either because it's what I've been predicting in this forum all along. (It's around 4:02m in)

This is exactly what to expect when factions aren't balanced .

As to who won. I've only seen a small fraction of gameplay, mostly DVSDelrith tearing it up with the OP Zoe Max . Delrith is already good and with this Max, yeah exactly lol.
I could have told you that DVS wasn't going to play as NC. That choice was made LONG ago based on the rules of the event. We even hunted down every outfit leader we could to get them to agree to a rules changed to forbid the use of vehicles and MAXes to limit OP and heavy farmable weapons and just about all of them said yes.

But SOE at the end let them use MAXes and that was the reason to play as VS. DVS almost played as TR to do some Harasser farms with the Marauder. Both those are GREAT farm tools to abuse in a K:A based point system.

Anyway I can't tell who won at all. It was a good show but there was no way for me to get details about base caps and kills with them using first person views so much. We'll have to wait for the final word to know for certain.

This makes we want an observer cam. If I could get one of those then it shouldn't be to hard to make decent combat videos and maybe get some fucking recruits and work to that MAX armor I want to much. But that is a bitch not for this topic.
Old 2013-08-03, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

why would you choose to play anything but a zoey when money is on the line?
this needs to be addressed.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-08-03 at 05:59 PM.
Old 2013-08-03, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Would have rewatch that PS2 keynote(command center) to confirm that they said something about outfit rankings be used to determine MLG participation?
So if you want to switch to the "OP" faction you'll need to play them more often on the live servers and not just pick and choose whats best at the time.
If thats the case, the time to swap is drawing closer.

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2013-08-03 at 08:58 PM. Reason: better description
Old 2013-08-03, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Chewy
Major

MLG is going to be outfit based from what I can tell. What faction your outfit plays as a main is going to be what you are going to play as in MLG.

So NUC shouldn't be able to play as anything but TR unless they make an alt outfit on anther faction and put it to use with some live game time behind it. Some with DVS being limited to NC for MLG matches as we are a NC outfit. As far as I can tell you are limited to the faction your outfit is and you can't switch faction without using an alt outfit not linked to your main one.

MLG should be free of 4th faction bullshit as much as possible. DVS played as VS in SOE Live to
1- Give the best odds to win
2- Make a statement that there is an imbalance and that NC is lacking in some areas.

This was for cash money and not a time to fuck around. If the rules allow a faction swap then it's going to happen. We still have a lot of faction loyalty to NC and will remain a NC outfit till the servers shut down. We just didn't want to fight the odds when we didn't have to.

When are the results coming out anyway? It's getting late and I thought we was suppose to be told today?
Old 2013-08-03, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

yea i understand how it will work, but this was for money and they did have the option to choose. and reason these people hopped factions was because zoey = less skill cap/ easy mode.
Old 2013-08-03, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

yea i understand how it will work, but this was for money and they did have the option to choose. and reason these people hopped factions was because zoey = less skill cap/ easy mode.[/quote]

and the fact that vs pop is dominant on connery 80% of the time dosnt hurt either.
Old 2013-08-04, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Chewy
Major

Ok, does anyone have an official report on SOE Live? I can't find anything about who won and the details about what happened. The best I got is fellow DVS members telling me that the winners are, and in order.

Future Crew, VS
Dannings (sp?), VS
DVS, VS
Old 2013-08-04, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Well Boyer posted a $1000 Visa gift card on his Twitter so.... I'd say Future Crew won. Jives with the information you have as well.

Last edited by Calista; 2013-08-04 at 07:08 PM.
Old 2013-08-04, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Some won and some lost. Great. Now what happened to the community panel?

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-08-05, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Boyer
Private

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
Well Boyer posted a $1000 Visa gift card on his Twitter so.... I'd say Future Crew won. Jives with the information you have as well.
The lists that I've seen have been correct.

1. FC
2. Nononsense combo team (sorry I forgot the acronym)
3. DVS

I got a quick look at a score total table and we'll just say that the point margin between 1st and 2nd was 4 digits.

Everyone was awesome all weekend. It was great to put faces with names.
Old 2013-08-05, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Boyer View Post
The lists that I've seen have been correct.

1. FC
2. Nononsense combo team (sorry I forgot the acronym)
3. DVS

I got a quick look at a score total table and we'll just say that the point margin between 1st and 2nd was 4 digits.

Everyone was awesome all weekend. It was great to put faces with names.
Thought so.
Old 2013-08-05, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Chewy
Major

Ok, it's Monday and we have nothing on an official report on what happened. I want to know details and just how teams won like on who had what K/D and who did what with base caps. This was suppose to be out on the 3rd. WTF is taking so long?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion