Whats the most Awesome sight you've ever seen - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where is the equipment terminal at?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-21, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Spee
So...When did Bethesda Softworks take over production of PlanetSide?
Ok...firstly, just to establish, from www.webster.com:

Main Entry: cal�de�ra
Pronunciation: kal-'der-&, kol-, -'dir-
Function: noun
Etymology: Spanish, literally, caldron, from Late Latin caldaria -- more at CAULDRON
: a volcanic crater that has a diameter many times that of the vent and is formed by collapse of the central part of a volcano or by explosions of extraordinary violence

Since there is lava in the aforementioned area of Searhus, it is obviously volcanic in nature. In addition, being as that there is only ONE caldera on all of Auraxis, referring to it as the Caldera (i.e. - a proper noun) is correct grammar. Had I been referring to a town on a Vvardenfell, I would have simply said "spawned at the tower in the north of Caldera" since in this case, the proper noun is a name instead of a place.

If you're going to be a troll and attempt to be a grammar/spelling nazi and/or a smartass, at least do it right.

Nice reference though.
Old 2004-03-22, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

I revoke my Previous Statement The Most "Awesome" sight i ever seen was my Behind in 3rd person after i got my backpack
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-03-22, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Diddy Mao
I revoke my Previous Statement The Most "Awesome" sight i ever seen was my Behind in 3rd person after i got my backpack
I agree diddy, I am just glad I remembered to SS it.

Got mine at faro capping the last base on the cont, wewt!
Old 2004-03-22, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
oddfish
Colonel

NC controlling 97% of Emerald about a week ago. THAT was awesome. haha, i now some TR and VS are gonna bitch and moan and flame my ass for that one. Oh well, i'll just sprinkle them with NC sunshine.

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-03-22, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Bridge battle on Cyssor. TR had Gunuku, NC had a base over a bridge. NC kept rolling out Vanguards, we rolled out Prowlers. Both rolled out miscellenous tanks and vehicles. It was massive battle. The clincher was a galaxy pilot mowing down the NC infantry as they crossed the bridge.

On a slightly more cooler note, waiting for an attack by the Vanu on Hossin. The clouds darken, and it begins to rain and thunder. It was like something out of the Two Towers
Old 2004-03-22, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Logging on and hotdropping on Esamir to find a lone Terran base. The number of hotspots around it is insane. The words massive enemy force flashing over and over. I get in the base and look at the radar.... there are no green dots. Only 17 diffrent numbers. All of them belonging to the Dragonwolves. (We held this base for over two hours)
Old 2004-03-22, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Well last night I took a picture of a MASSIVE dogfight featuring dozens of aircraft all tearing eachother apart in the air.

Also, last night I was tail gunning in a Liberator, and we flew over a TR base, bombing it. Immediately, a wing of about a dozen Reavers and Mosquitos (it had to have been an aircraft outfit) took off from the base, and chased after the lib. There were so many aircraft chasing the lib that I LITERALLY could NOT miss with my tailgun fire. It was absolutely insane. If I wasn't completely freaking out at the time ("OMGOMG WTF AHHHHHHHHHH, TOO FRICKIN MANY OF THEM!") I woulda taken a screenshot...

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-03-22, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

yeah, I remmember once there was a battle on south gunuku bridge that was simply awesome. I'm a dedicated NC, and I don't remmember who was on the other side, but if anyone rememmbers the area well, you'll remmember the mountain just south of the bridge which is easy to access from the south, but it's northern side (one facing the bridge) is a giant cliff. they had a bunch of AMS's there I guess cause there seemed to be no end to the snipers sitting up there. thing is, they put the AMS just out of phoenix range. it was a great standoff that didn't end until 2 am israeli time, that's midnight GMT, when I went to sleep. I think it was the NC cause there weren't any mags crossing the water. really fun, was ages ago though, and now with the flail in the game and the VS not being an insignificant purple blob it's hard to get a good bridge battle. you always get those god damn magriders crossing the river and spoiling the fun.
Old 2004-03-22, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
Logging on and hotdropping on Esamir to find a lone Terran base. The number of hotspots around it is insane. The words massive enemy force flashing over and over. I get in the base and look at the radar.... there are no green dots. Only 17 diffrent numbers. All of them belonging to the Dragonwolves. (We held this base for over two hours)
Old 2004-03-22, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Neofite
Private

lightning pack 20 strong
Old 2004-03-22, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Kikinchikin

Most awesome site is probably 20 or so prowlers in a circle with 30+aircraft, 4 gals and some other vehicles in the center of the sanc preparing for a multi outfit multi continent raid.

Also when my outfit fielded an armor column of 10 prowlers and 20 aircraft in addition to a few pimp buses.
Old 2004-03-22, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Pulling out my medical applicator and seeing 10 other crosses(advanced medics) on the radar.

It's the cert that keeps on giving.

NOW DON'T RELEASE IF YOU SEE A CROSS!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion