Shields - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We have made some performance optimizations
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-07, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I think it is about right. Vehicles are really buff now
Old 2003-11-07, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

Shields need to be upgraded, or you should have an atomatic shield already when you buy your vehicle (the current crappy one) and you can upgrade your shield when you capture that base (sry, forgot the name).
Old 2003-11-07, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

I think shields are fine as they are. In my lightning I rely on the shield to keep me alive that extra second or two when I am ambushed by something meaner than me. It usually allows me enough time to get the heck out of there so I can repair and try again.

To think of the shield as added armor isn't very smart. It's too easily stripped and not easily replaced.
Old 2003-11-07, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Well, lets face it, It's the grunts that are necessary to win the base caps, but it's the vehicles that actually WIN the base cap. and essentially, the war. If one side had vehicles, and the other had none, and you were on the side that had none, KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE.
Old 2003-11-09, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ait'al
Contributor
General

they could just not do as much for some vehicles and say that the vanguard for instance doesnt ahve as much room for sheild generator and just give them less.
Old 2003-11-09, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Meh, personally i'm fairly antivehicle and think they are already mondo strong, the shields just compound the problem, as they are I'm fairly happy with them. The shields wernt meant to make you unkillable just give you time to take advantage of vehciels true defense, manueverability to get away. The other problem I have with your argument that vehicles should be buff because their vehicles just doesnt hold water when you look at 2-4 points for a vehicle certs versus 5 to say 9 points to combat vehicles, even then one vehicle versus more thena few grunts is still going to kick their asses and roll away to repair. You've already gotten signifigantly increased repair rates near bases which makes aircraft a breeze to fly if you have a dropship center. In short quit yer bitchin' :P

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-09, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
I think it is about right. Vehicles are really buff now
Yeah.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion