News: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit! - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Shrike Tested, Mosquito Approved
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-11, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!

yea but so many of those press articals, tell the same story.

probably best to start a new PS2 wiki on PSU, i dont think the syndicate one is that popular.
Old 2011-07-11, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Did Matt say when he would be hopping into Reddit again? I know that he has work and stuff now but it's been relatively quiet today.
Old 2011-07-11, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
SKYeXile
Major General

I would give them atleast 2 weeks before they drop anymore real info.
Old 2011-07-11, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
Did Matt say when he would be hopping into Reddit again? I know that he has work and stuff now but it's been relatively quiet today.
He said he'd check back periodically. No idea if that means he'll drop by for 20 minutes aday, or if he'll answer a couple questions a week, or what.

He did however drop by and an answer a Q six hours ago, around noon PST, so maybe he did it during lunch?
Old 2011-07-11, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
He said he'd check back periodically. No idea if that means he'll drop by for 20 minutes aday, or if he'll answer a couple questions a week, or what.

He did however drop by and an answer a Q six hours ago, around noon PST, so maybe he did it during lunch?
Wont somebody PLEASE think about the hit detection!
Old 2011-07-11, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
Bags
Lieutenant General

If I asked him I'm sure they'd just say what type they're going to use, which we already know.
Old 2011-07-11, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #172
SKYeXile
Major General

ill ask myself then, though i expect no proper response.
Old 2011-07-11, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #173
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
yea but so many of those press articals, tell the same story.

probably best to start a new PS2 wiki on PSU, i dont think the syndicate one is that popular.
We intended (and still intend at the moment) for our Wiki to cover both. Whether or not that works well remains to be seen.

That being said, any content that is added there I will link from the main FAQ Bags, I haven't updated that yet but will be in the coming days.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-12, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #174
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

So if air vehicles are now more like real aircraft and not VTOL's then do you take off from a runway? and does that mean you have to then land in one meaning you cant hover to land where you want to repair or cap somethin. And you couldnt hover near a "loadstar" repair style vehicle.

Or, does that mean we get airplane style vehicles and ones like a helicopter.

Bombers should be like airplanes obviously. Vulture would be your A-10 Warthog style plane. But a reaver should be a heli style vehicle, gotta have heli style vehicles even tho thats basically what reavers were, just up the difficulty to fly em if needed. And if the galaxy is gonna be a spawn point then im guessin its airplane style. We need some kind of transport you could land to pick up people, then leave. Still could use that half squad transport/attack vehicle, think black hawk or somethin but in a PS form.=)

The "floating camera" term seems to imply it was not real flying, but its basically a helicopter or VTOL, makes perfect sense. No probs with those, you can always make it harder to control if needed. Think i remember the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 that had a hard to control heli.(it was a bit overboard on the difficulty tho) I couldnt fly it to save my life back then, for whatever reason if i could even stay airborne i was happy, but my roomie could thread it thru a needle if need be. So we had him flyin us all over. Its cool to have need for the good pilots but that was overboard. We would watch the other heli's take off then crash one after the other, maybe 1 in 10 people we would see take off could actually fly it, and i dont mean they were good. I just mean they didnt crash 15 seconds after take off.

Last edited by BorisBlade; 2011-07-12 at 12:07 AM.
Old 2011-07-12, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #175
SKYeXile
Major General

i imagine they will still hover, but they will have more physicls behind them, like they said mass will effect tanks, im sure it would be the same with aircraft, a reaver and a skeeter maybe able to stop and turn fast, weave through canyons, but a lib wont, also when stopping or turning we would see feel the g's when coming to a stop. I beleie also we wont be stuck on those like 75 degree angles the reaver a skeeter could look on, i expect they willbe able to barrel roll and flip, at appropriate speeds. I doub we will see stalling, this should still be an arcade shooter afterall, not a simulator.
Old 2011-07-12, 01:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #176
Evilmp
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
this should still be an arcade shooter afterall, not a simulator.
On the contrary, in this particular instance, I believe it would be cool for aircraft to stall out. It would be much better than the way they manage the height cap in PS1.
Old 2011-07-12, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #177
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Evilmp View Post
On the contrary, in this particular instance, I believe it would be cool for aircraft to stall out. It would be much better than the way they manage the height cap in PS1.
I agree. While highly unlikely, since I'm looking foward to flying, a detailed cockpit view and realistic flying features would be nice. Stalling would be amazing.
Old 2011-07-12, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #178
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

The flight ceiling is there to force aircraft to stay in the range of AA when it's manned by someone with low view distance. PS can handle aircraft up to around 78901.8m as is. It also helps force dogfights. I could see it turn into a hard stall line where the engines go out but you keep your momentum rather than the current one that kills your afterburn speed boosts if you hit it.

Interested in how the rest of the air physics works out and definitely looking forward to running a lib and gal. The weapon systems for the new reaver are also interesting as it seems to now be a two man aircraft, probably won't be the same rocketpod setup. Also with all this talk of the gal being like a C130 does that mean that we might get an actual AC130 style gunship? *drool*
Old 2011-07-12, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #179
Volw
First Sergeant

We have Galaxy Gunships now, so probably the same in PS2.
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org
Old 2011-07-12, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #180
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Volw View Post
We have Galaxy Gunships now, so probably the same in PS2.
The galaxy gunship was more of an afterthought that got put into the game. Honestly I would rather them scrap the entire idea of the GG. I would much prefer a modern style GG like the C130 that has the heavy machine gun and basically what is a tank gun in it on one side. The current one has too many angles for coverage.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion