we need to see the scat max stats. ( devs please read) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I don't speak Mexican
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-12, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

we need to see the scat max stats. ( devs please read)

everyone including 60% of the NC know the scat max isnt op, its broken.
people for months and months said the magrider was OP.... every VS and thier mother said we all needed to learn to play..... guess what the data released about the magrider by soe proved that we were all right,and then the mag was fixed.

all i ask is that a dev please look into this and get us some numbers.

i have a strange feeling that once the data is out there ,and all these NC that sound just like the VS and their magriders will stfu fast....

all i ask for is the devs to give us the same data on scat maxes like they did the magrider.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-03-12 at 01:34 PM.
Old 2013-03-12, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dragonskin
Major

Re: we need to see the scat max stats. ( devs please read)

Probably true. Scatter cannon and Hacksaws are OP for sure. You have to have extreme range to kill these safely without a vehicle or C4. The other 2 faction maxes are far underpowered if the NC max is how they want others to stack up. TR in my outfit was playing with his mercy minigun weapons on his max and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn... it was laughable how badly it missed.
Old 2013-03-12, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Well I will agree that Scattermaxes are broken in the sense that they are too effective in close quarters against infantry and especially other MAXs'. Of course I think the problem mostly comes down to how the base design forces you into close quarters when trying to take objectives. Well that and the low TTK.
The Scattermaxes are fairly useless outside close quarters combat, which is also a problem since it makes them inflexible.
They've gone back and forth with how good the scatterguns are and I would not want to see them return them to their previous useless state.
It's no secret that I never agreed with their design choice of adding in the scattergun as an faction exclusive. I would much rather have them make the NC MAX AI an HMG, with perhaps scatterguns as universal alternatives. But... Fat chance of that happening
What they perhaps could do, if possible, would be to add in completely different chokes.

Short range deals the most damage, has the most spread, slowest firing speed, least amount of ammo (requires more ammo to fire?).
Medium range is just that, average.
Long range is the opposite of the short range variant.

But I don't really see that happening either. At the very least I would hope that they make it so that the scatterguns deal less damage to MAXs', if possible. That way TR/VS MAXs' would at least stand a chance at countering NC MAXs'.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-03-12, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
The Scattermaxes are fairly useless outside close quarters combat, which is also a problem since it makes them inflexible.
What person in their right mind is gonna be outside in a MAX suit if it isn't a burster MAX?

Hacksaws = OP
Old 2013-03-12, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by ThatGoatGuy View Post
What person in their right mind is gonna be outside in a MAX suit if it isn't a burster MAX?

Hacksaws = OP
Well that is true enough, I guess. Being outside of close quarters combat doesn't necessarily mean *outside* outside.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-03-12 at 02:29 PM.
Old 2013-03-12, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Wait and see what their plans are for the other two maxes as they will likely give them strong niches as well and/or balance maxes accordingly once that is done.

The problem is the same issue you always have with shotties in a low TTk game. They are either really good in close quarters or useless.

I won't have an issue with them if the other two maxes find their own strong and dominant niches.
Old 2013-03-12, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

the numbers wont lie...when it comes down to it they kill more infantry, they kill more maxes, and they dont have to pull half as many.

im 100% positive it will look just like the magrider data. lol everyone knows it will.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-03-12 at 02:55 PM.
Old 2013-03-12, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Have you guys ever been overrun by 30 TR just using their MAX? That's scarier than an NC MAXes up close. As an NC we can't pull this off, because then nobody can attack < midrange. As TR or VS it's pretty much overkill if EVERYONE just uses the MAX. Brainless tactic, but very effective, think about it. Or better: Don't think about it, I hate that tactic
Old 2013-03-12, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Don't use dual Scattermax or whatever, but I would like to see the numbers.

Copied from the "overpowered" thread.

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
By far its the NC skill max..... but its not OP, its broken.... worst thing in this game atm by far. it needs to be nerfed, or allow VS and TR to get dual shotguns for our maxes.
I would favour this. Why shouldn't SoE offer an empire specific MAX shotgun? TR would have higher RoF, lower damage, larger mag (similar DPS). VS tighter spread but slightly lower DPS.

And let NC MAXes wield an HMG; slower firing, higher damage, smaller mag than the TR. I would love to try this.
Old 2013-03-12, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

im guessing you have never had 30 nc maxes rushing you..... its the same result but it only takes 1/3 of the time to kill everyone, because after all atm the game is based on numbers.
Old 2013-03-12, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I wouldnt mind if the nc has maxes with HMGs strapped to their forearms. Reloading every seven rounds sucks. Not being to reliably drop even infantry at 20 yards without reloading sucks. Imho outside of biodomes nc max is about useless.
Old 2013-03-12, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lepalose
Private

+1 for this.

The statistics made the case for the Magrider to be nerfed.

Forum whining within two weeks has resulted in a rebalancing to HE Prowlers.

But the biggest complaint of all has not drawn significant response from the Devs, and that is the situation regarding the NC Scat/Hacksaw/Grinder MAXes.

Of course we can argue ad naseum about what they are and are not good at, but the statistics will shed light on these arguments.

Here is what I would like to see:

MAX against MAX K vs Calendar Day
MAX Kills per life vs Calendar Day
% MAX Kills vs Range Killed for a given week
% of MAX death vs Killing Blow (i.e. MAX, Launcher, C4, Vehicle)

The issue I imagine would perhaps be whether separating out the Burster damage from other kills should be done - but even this should not skew the numbers so much.
Old 2013-03-12, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I'd love to know where this "60%" number comes from.

The NC MAX weaponry is the strongest. Currently, it is the NC's strength. TR have the best LMG and tank. VS have the best ESF. It's called variety. Up in your face, the NC MAX is the best choice on the battlefield. Med-long range, TR infantry becomes the best choice. Tanks vs. tank, Prowler or Mag. Farming infantry? Prowler. A2A, Scythe. It goes round and round.

Back to NC MAXes, the NC MAX basically hits like an alpha strike. It hits hard, but doesn't sustain. You will get caught up reloading a lot. The VS MAX is the best for mowing through multiple infantry and the TR MAX is good at that too. Ever notice that NC MAXes are very loud when they walk? TR MAXes are quieter and VS MAXes tip-toe. They are different. They are all good with support.

Honestly, they should remove AV MAXes and just have AI and MAX buster MAXes - Anti-MAX MAXes.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-03-12, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
DeltaGun
Sergeant

I think most people are missing the real reason people don't like the NC MAX.

It is NOT because it gets more kills or has a higher K/D ratio or anything like that. The simple truth is that the NC MAX is annoying because it INSTANTLY kills its opponents.

When an NC MAX boosts up to you from nowhere or is hiding behind a corner you didn't expect, you have 0.02 seconds to react and move behind a wall or run 20-30 meters away before you and anyone next to you instantly dies.

Think you're safe in your own MAX? The MAX suit gives you an extra few seconds to live versus any opponent in the game... besides an NC MAX, who will only take a second longer to kill you.

This is simply not the case with the other MAXs. Thus the cries of imbalance.

Last edited by DeltaGun; 2013-03-12 at 03:43 PM.
Old 2013-03-12, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I wouldnt mind if the nc has maxes with HMGs strapped to their forearms. Reloading every seven rounds sucks. Not being to reliably drop even infantry at 20 yards without reloading sucks. Imho outside of biodomes nc max is about useless.
Wish I could have recorded the footage from last night. The TR mercy machine guns are terrible. You can't even reliably hit a infantry within 30 meters with them. It was sad. Meanwhile in the same distance the NC hacksaws would haev insta-gibbed the infantry.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion