Some Ideas for Zerg Defending - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No brain, no pain.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-01-21, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DemoTape
Private

Lightbulb Some Ideas for Zerg Defending

Please do tell me if these have already being brought to the forums by someone else.

The most basic thing that I was in mind while thinking about this changes was the motivation behind the gameplay in PS2, and what drove the Zerg. The Zerg is a Mindless horde, that is herd by outfits, and capable players. Without a good shepherd to provide the Zerg Spawn Point and some necessary Anti-Something specialization it will stagnate into one of the Six Big Facilities into a mess of tanks and friendly road-kill until it move itself to higher kill-per-meter area. But one thing that i found to be interesting is that every good shepherd in his sane mind will move his Zerg away from a well defended "The Crown", for it is the hardest of all the bases when being defended. Enough with procrastination, I will be direct to the point.

My idea is to make the proper tools to make every base so hard to take as "The Crown", tell me what you think about it.

1 - MAXs should be Mobile Turrets.
The MAXs should have a cert-upgrade deploy mode that would transform the MAX into a AA, AT or AI turret. It could be put outside a building, and it would have a different ammunition that the engineers could only supply with another cert-upgrade for the ammo box.

2 - More Deployables for the Engineers.
The Engineers should have more deployables to take place of the Turret and the Ammo-box. They should be the backbone of defending a base, a few things to implement would be:
2.1 - L form shaped deployable shields, that would take massive amounts of Explosive damage to be destroyed, 5 to 6 Direct hits of AT Lib gun to destroy one of those. Once deployed could not be moved or deployed again until ti would take a 15 minutes cooldown. It would high enough to completely hide a crouch soldier, and low enough to be transposed by a simple jump. They could not direct block doors and windows.
2.2 - Laser fence sticks. ( WHERE ARE MY LASER FENCES?) Each engineer could deploy a rod that when 15m from another rod without obstructions would create a laser fence that would damage infantry(kill in the upgraded version) that would cross it. This more of a fence creating system, the rod would be easily destroyed, but it could be put between two buildings, or two rocks, or two trees in order to cover it and not allow infantry ( Exception of LA and Infiltrator on Cloak mode) to cross that area on foot. It could be deployed inside buildings either.
2.3 - Area Repair Bot. A deployable that would repair everything in the area, with a low repair rate and would have a heat mechanism as the engineer tool. Nice for those entrenched vehicles and the future deployable shields.

3 - More Combat Oriented Bonus from Facilities

This is a more delicate area, but facilities should have more combat oriented Bonus, and not just for the area around them but for the facilities near. I could imagine a Stationary Satellite Uplink firing in 15 to 15 minutes with a hex spread area firing in any 9 hex distance from him. A shield that would prevent enemy drop-pods from reaching every facility in hex-contact with the one that provided the benefit. A facility that would fire a Mist in a 2 Hex² area ( That would be freaking amazing! to fight without seeing a palm a head!) And few others, but the thing is that these benefits had to be bought by players defending the base. They had to go to a console inside the base where they would upgrade the base, they could upgrade the turrets and buy the unique hability to be used once, all that to be bought with lots of resources. And the console could be destroyed by the enemy or hacked to be used against the defender even while the facility is not controlled by them.

These are my most well thought suggestions, please read and share with me your opnion.

One last suggestion not so much connected: Be able to grab kit from dead soldiers That just one of the best part of an FPS, where you can get a dead soldier weapon and tools. I mean not bring back Inventory ( THAT WOULD BE AWSOME! But sadly they won't do it) but be able to grab the whole kit from a dead soldier friendly or enemy.

PS.: Sorry for any grammar or spelling errors, English is not my native language

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault