Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 19 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: /ignore Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-17, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #271
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

please make mana turrets manable by every friendly soldier (except maxes)

and reintroduce the spitfire turret

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-17, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #272
DManD
Private

Not sure if any of these have been mentioned before:
1) Needing to log-in only once a week to get the passive certs.
2) De-synced debris: it might block the view for one player, but the other player can shoot right through them, because they are in some other place on their screen.
3) The freeze-on-redeploy bug that is going on for months.
4) Changing the biolab spawn room / rooms, so it won't be possible to jump from the spawn room to the roof of the rooms around with a non-light assault character.
5) A weekly community poll for what item they would like to see on sale in-game. The most voted item then will be on sale on Saturday/Friday.
6) /dance command.
7) Changing the servers on the recommended list to be based on the chosen faction and population on the server. For example if someone chooses to play VS, the recommended server for him will be a server with a low VS population and a low population in general.
8) Removing the ability to overload generators / scu in a non connected area.
9) Fixing the broken respawn areas in Amerish - I can spawn into an area 2km away but not into a region 500m away. Plus, the reinforcements needed areas always shows secured regions that are not under attack.
10) Larger redeploy radius for sunderers. Right now if the sunderer isn't rendered it's impossible to redeploy on in.
11) Server lag - broken ammo packs, healing, repairing, med-packs etc.

Last edited by DManD; 2013-05-17 at 07:09 AM.
Old 2013-05-17, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #273
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Hi Matt! Off the top of my head...

Bugs + Quality of life:
  • Max Charge sometimes failing – even if it’s that suppression from being headshotted this shouldn’t happen.
  • When redeploying as a max, spawning as a LA and having the cool down for the MAX restart.
  • More voice macro options – v menu system like unreal tournament. Ability to say more such as orders, “incoming!”, where enemies are, stuff like - “I’m going for the point”, “defend the point” etc. Also - max voices need to be lower, robotic and badass.
  • Ability to change vehicle load outs on re-arm pads once vehicle has spawned.
  • More loadouts! I keep having to change the camo on my first loadout, as I want to use others for different main weapons.
  • Make it much easier to swap camo’s on characters and guns. Current system is clunky.
  • Make an option to set a preferred loadout for continents.
  • Give passive cert points to all your characters when you log into one of them. Otherwise people have to log in to each character and log out to get the passive certs if they don’t have time to play each.
  • Allow other engineers to use your turret. You have priority and can kick them off by using the turret.
  • Make ammo easier to drop, I always have to place it twice.
  • It is confusing as to what projectiles can pass through spawn shields.
  • Lightnings getting brick wedged in small furrowes.
  • Lower cooldown on flares slightly, but make them not always confuse missiles. 90% of the time they work maybe...?
  • Better dog-fighting instead of two ESF's turning in a ball to shoot each other.

Extra requests:
  • Galaxy abilities – vehicle/infantry parachuted supply drop/ammo drop. Long range radar.
  • Less boring interiors, better lighting. Every interior environment feels the same and quite generic. Tech plants and bio labs aside – but bio labs could have their own unique themes – instead of plants in all maybe frozen fauna in pods or something...
  • Outside environments are awesome however.
  • Vehicle interiors – galaxy, sunderer passengers?
  • It might be cool to show an animating version of the person that killed you in the kill cam? I.e. play their live actions but with no background as it is now so you don’t know where they are.
  • Visible pilots in see through aircraft cockpits.
  • Make engineers able to revive max suits too.
  • Infiltrator backstab ability!
  • More sci fi sounds for vanu - ie rocket pods should sound alien not like every other ESF. Some more beam weapons for vanu, even one in the style of the old lasher (which doesn't suck) would be cool. More lasers.

Old 2013-05-17, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #274
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info

I can only repeat what has been said:

Better squad management:
- Staticly listed squad, which remember settings from previous squads
- able to see people in squad/platoon before joining

Voice Macros
- "Stop" and "Move" in particular
- Send to squad or platoon text chat if in one (like ps1)
- Colored number to represent squad and # of the ones using voice macros in platoon text chat.

I think those are my only annoyances for the time being, don't have any big issues to complain about either.

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might

Last edited by Elahhez; 2013-05-17 at 07:57 AM.
Old 2013-05-17, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #275
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
please make mana turrets manable by every friendly soldier (except maxes)

and reintroduce the spitfire turret
I actually do want this. MANA turrets for other people? Plz plz plz.

And if we get a spitfire, let's have them be disabled by infiltrator EMP grenades! BRILLIANT!
Old 2013-05-17, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #276
ToweTwelve
Private

- dead bodies of allies, that cannot be ressurected;
- bugged vortex (dissapearing charge levels thingie near reticule, 1st charge only while charging up, shooting (shaking) animation while charging up);
- lancer not charging up past 1st level charge after spawning or ressuplying at terminal;
- recon darts not working from time to time;
- people that are drawn as dead bodies running around;
- spinning drop pods;
- sometimes HA is starting to hold his weapon in a weird way, and if you dont have 6x scope, he just magnifies the view without scope reticule;
- enemie rockets and shells (phoenix, striker, av mana-turret, dalton, zepher etc) not drawn on the recieving end ( so it seems that you are being shot from nowhere).
Old 2013-05-17, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #277
Nur
Sergeant

MORE LOADOUTS is more important than things like voice macros.....

And it should not be so difficult to have 6 loadouts instead of 3.

Old 2013-05-17, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #278
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Timithos View Post
Actually the opposite has been the problem. You try to enter a sundy to escape enemy fire, the supply panel opens up, and you die.

So look at and weigh the consequences: On the one hand you're killed because the equipment panel activation area is too large, and on the other hand, you enter the sundy by mistake... big deal. Use of the equipment terminal is by in large not life and death. Entering the sundy quickly is life and death.
Actually whichever one I DON"T want to do is normally what happens first. If I want in because i'm under fire I open the loadout screen and get dead. If I'm trying to pull and engie load out to repair the critically damaged sundy i jump in and it explodes. The issue is just having the same action key for all this, but it is bindable by us. Make your vehicle enter exit G or something... like I do for air because I was so used to hitting E from flying in PS1, and it is right next to reload I was ejecting to my death a LOT.
Old 2013-05-17, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #279
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Fix whatever it is that is causing the silly amounts of lag on Indar and now also on Esamir. I'm used to Indar being unresponsive, but not Esamir.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-17, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #280
Stew
Major

I forgot this one

C4 response and amo pack

the C4 and amo pack trowing them but also detonate them (C4) is way to slugish and unresponsive

i would like to see the amo pack become a instant trow button instead of a equip and then trow in a slugish animations that sometime take way to much time to compleate

C4 trowing 2 c4 in a row on a take take way to much time and when its time to detonate it sometime its so slow that you get kill before the game register youvee press the button
Old 2013-05-17, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #281
camycamera
Major

oh, and fix how one-use camo works....

i bought it, equipped it, unequipped it, now i cant use it, and it is stuck in my camo selection. slowclap.gif
Old 2013-05-18, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #282
flickory
Private

-We can popout a "chat" for those with dual monitors or extra screen space - I would like to be able to see who is talking in voice chat during loading screens and death.
Old 2013-05-18, 12:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #283
Pskl
Private

Oh, got another one:

- when the mouse Y axis is inverted, it also affects the menu that pops up over a friendly when 'Q' is held down. Makes that feature difficult to use if you don't know what's going on, and it seems counter-intuitive. If it could be changed so the invert Y option didn't affect that menu... unless people like it that way?
Old 2013-05-18, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #284
monkjunk
Private

I'd like a way for squad members to ping the map for their squad leader or draw on the map or something, it's really hard for a non-squad leader to communicate to the rest of the squad the location of something.
Old 2013-05-18, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #285
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Nur View Post
MORE LOADOUTS is more important than things like voice macros.....

And it should not be so difficult to have 6 loadouts instead of 3.

heck yeah Nur, we did ask for that a while ago now, would love some more load outs for all my gear that I bought. Though the addition of the universal camo did sort out one side of the problem, the lots of weapons and sidegraded versions remains. Double the load outs would sort it right out and be awesome

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-05-18 at 03:48 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion