Revamped Galactic Lattice for version 3.4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Try this at home.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-02-03, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Revamped Galactic Lattice for version 3.4

http://www.planetside-universe.com/i...hp?newsid=1157
Old 2005-02-03, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by That News Thingy
Weapons: No Heavy Assault
Some of you might recall me saying this but forgetting where i saw it in another thread... there it is!!!! I don't like that
Old 2005-02-05, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
slytiger
Staff Sergeant

Ok, taking out HA is kinda rediculous when its supposed to be more infantry based. The only problem that i have is that some of the empire's vehicles are specifically built to take out others which arnt going to be available to kill, thus kinda eliminating their strong area.
Old 2005-02-05, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Kam
Major

Wait a second. Lightnings are allowed but there is no HA and no reavers... omg I'm happy.
Old 2005-02-05, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Battle Islands will be cool. I liked it way back when HA all sucked and everyone used MA. MA fights are infinitely more enjoyable than a bunch of retards running up to each other spamming HA weapons.
Old 2005-02-06, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
LiveWireTehSoda
Private

Misc Info

Takign away HA doesnt really matter, you stick your head out from behind that tree/rock/hill you get a nice sniper round in the face..
Old 2005-02-06, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Makes MAX units a bit more important to bring firepower indoors
Old 2005-02-06, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

Originally Posted by Lartnev
Makes MAX units a bit more important to bring firepower indoors
Like it was back in the day.
Violated by ChiaHamma
Old 2005-02-06, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SamHayne
Global Benefits:
With this lattice structure we plan to make use of the systems that were in play during the December Battle Island game play event. If you recall, that was where holding different Battle Islands would provide different benefits for all of your Empire system wide. We are still working on the specific implementation, but the idea is to have your Empire gain benefits by doing things such as: holding individual "neutral" planets, holding both home continents of an Enemy Empire, or holding both of your home planets while holding one home planet of each of your Enemy Empires.
We feel that such benefits will increase the strategic gameplay of PlanetSide by giving more reasons to take specific planets and deny your enemy access to such benefits or to hold and defend the benefits you have acquired.

I don't like the hint of neutral worlds and controlling the enemies home worlds granting extra benefits (on top of the battle island benefits).

If the populations were even, and forced to stay that way, fine. Or, if there were even more meaningful population modifiers, also fine (I'm talking about delayed timers for the lower population).

However, if you put in some extra benefits for owning the most neutral worlds and battle island benefits and benefits for controlling both enemies home continents etc., then that lower population empire will be in such a deep hole, I can't see them being able to fight out of it. That will give the forth empire even more incentive to flee the low pop empire.

Sure, it makes great sense for a strategic purpose (something we have been lacking for a while), however, I really feel that the fourth empire, population imbalance, needs to be addressed before this comes out live.

Dare I say it? One empire per server? Ok, gotta climb into the flame resistant suit for that one.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2005-02-07, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

nah i think everyone here is against the 4th empire, this isn't forum-side
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion