Sniper gun? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Beware - Reavers!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-09, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Sniper gun?

I saw the POTD and it reminded me of people talking about tracers. Then an idea struck me. Why not make the guns with tracers only have tracer in the dark. Assuming theres enough dark at night in the game now. What they want to be guns with more prominent tracers can have there tracers start becoming visible with a less significant light change(lets say 8:00 compared to 11:00. or 6:00 for really noticable guns durring half the year.IE daylight savings time.) and others could begin to gain tracers later at night when its darker. And all guns could have tracers permanently from 12:00 to 6:00 in the morning. The time of day could be based on the real time of the servers base time zone. This would add daytime strategies and nighttime strategies and give people like snipers times when they may want to use there guns more(if there avoiding people seeing them) at night they could then switch to tactics based on poeple finding them purposely, like CE, making it in combo with the dark, and hopely not being able to see the CE stuff as easily in dark(despite having flora on or off), alot more fun and diverse.

This idea should involve adding Deep darkness at night if it doesnt already exist.

This could add alot of diversity to outfit designs. If people start making fully night time outfits based on nighttime tactics the game could gain constant play at all times of night making the game alot more fun. They would ahve to obviously add some more elements to night time and day time then ive mentioned. but once theyve added enough diversity of elements to each......

What do you think?

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-03-09 at 11:51 PM.
Old 2004-03-09, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

call me n00b, but what's a tracer?
Old 2004-03-09, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Basically, its something like a light from a bullets path that lets you see where theyve been. Or a partial light following behind the bullet that makes a line that makes it easier to see where it came from.

Edit: oh yea i forgot. The tracers wouldnt just turn on at so and so time. They would start becoming more visible from that time. The tracers could be very weak at first and then grow slowly more visible. Then the different guns could start gaining htem at different times. there could also be a few without tracers at all making them extremely dangerous at night eve if there damage is so so.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-03-10 at 12:12 AM.
Old 2004-03-10, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

There is no night in planetside, it's bright 24/7, gets a WEE bit darker later. Stop suggesting changes until you've played.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-10, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Phaden
Contributor
Major

BTW, the tracer is usually phosphurous (sp?) tipped i think. And being hit by one of those is sposedly MUCH worse than a regular bullet.
Old 2004-03-10, 03:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Yes, they can ignite on impact.
Old 2004-03-10, 03:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ait'al
Contributor
General

There is no night in planetside, it's bright 24/7, gets a WEE bit darker later. Stop suggesting changes until you've played.
No!
Old 2004-03-10, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Even though I would love the no tracer apart from at night time rule your talking about,it would make it stupidly easy for me to snipe as no one would know where i was shooting from. Although same for me If i start to get counter sniped but hey nice idea. Just not good to implement.
Old 2004-03-10, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SuperBallz
Corporal

HMM Snipers Using Tracers, Don't Think So. Not In Real Life. Tracers are not designed to let them see where u r, but to let friendlies see where u r shooting at night time hours.

Snipers R the Quick, never seen elite. Your not supposed to know where the sniper shot can from that is y u hear them and have hit indicaters.

sheesh.

Snipers, Cant Kill in one shot.

once a sniper is located a skeeto/reaver take him out, or the the nme sniper.

well he can get rexo and carry AV and then shoot nme air down, not likely.
well he can get spitfires at his location, that will give him away too, spits in the middle of nowhere?
Snipers Should Have NO tracers,
Snipers R solo peeps.

One Sniper Can Desimate the Morale of an army, in PS they r skeeto/reaver food
Old 2004-03-10, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

This would pretty much have no effect on gameplay, because if you have to wait to snipe, it's really a lost cause, so people will snipe anytime anyway. Not to mention the difference from day to night is so miniscule it should have no effect on this anyway.
Old 2004-03-10, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by Ait'al
No!
YES!
Old 2004-03-10, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Snipers would never use tracers, and we already have them guys thats what those lines are when you shoot. that let you see hwere the buttles going/enemy see whate you are.

I always though it was stupid for the BD to have a huge freaking tracer

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-10, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Ait'al
Blah blah blah blaBlah blah blah blahhBlah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blaBlah blah blah blahhBlah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blah So what do you guys think?
Old 2004-03-10, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

LOL!

This dude still hasn't gotten the game yet?
Old 2004-03-10, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly
LOL!

This dude still hasn't gotten the game yet?
no
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion